Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Spacious at all 3 rows. Leg room is huge.
Good Torque and exciting to cut through traffic, very peppie, thanks to the turbo diesel, and the 8speed transmission.
Fuel Consumption is fairly good for long distance driving, not good in jams.
Fuel Efficiency is around 8.5 - 9l/100km for long distance, Heavy footed at 10 - 10.5l/100km, and unrealistically light foot night drive which is possible after full tank at 6.2 - 7l/100km
8 gears transmission is great, changes gear fast for better fuel consumption.
Auto Hand Break & Auto Hold is better than the foot break.
Cornering is good thanks to the tires and the wide wheelbase structure. Firm and controlled.
High Mileage per tank. On meter is 840KM distance, but realistically 700-750km depending on your foot and road driving conditions. (Pump Euro5 Diesel, it helps a lot)
Android Auto/ Apple Car Play works very well. Download Android Auto APK, because it is not available in Play Store.
Lots of charging ports
Front Parking Sensor helps with small parking spaces
Lumbar Support is helpful for long distance driving.
It will be suitable for people that are bigger in size, as it may be a bit far from reach from smaller sized people like me. but the seats can increase in height which is helpful along with the telescopic steering wheel.
Auto Cruise is included, a plus point for big cars and long distance driving.
Going to the third row seat is a easy walk in.
Head Unit is big and clear, with big words and buttons.
Does not come with Spill mats at the boot.
egress and ingress for driver is tight when parking ( depends where you go )
Sound System is not that full and less option to EQ/tweak the equalizer for full sound (coming from a sound guy)
A little bumpy for the last row.
No 360 degree view camera, it will help when parking at tight areas
No card slots (touch & Go, Guard house card, AutoPass & Cash Card (travel to SG)
Side Step feels is not sturdy, make squeaky noise when stepped on, or feeling it may give way.
When light is turned off, controls will not have light, so you are not able to see what you are pressing.
Wiper leaves a small gap at the bottom, probably a design flaw.
Card Slot is left out, Although there is a lot of deep and big spaces, there isn't a dedicated slot for cards like, touch and go (opt for smart tag if possible), if frequent to SG, Autopass & CashCard.
The boot trench does not include a mat/ spill prevention tray.
Sound System is not the best, but can be EQ-ed through phone. Probably still new, diaphragm of speakers still tight. Need some time to burn in. Or probably send to tweak by specialist. It is loud, but bass not there and less mids.
better suspension & absorber for rear tires.
360 view camera
Under-carriage sound proofing ( can hear a little road noise )
Window visor to be included, better for sound insulation as well. lesser wind noise.
Add a switch to turn off the lights for control buttons ( aircond, Head Unit physical controls etc) more flexible when driver is at Parking and would like to use the controls. It currently works when light is switched to AUTO, light will be then be kept on, if not it will be all dark.
The Wiper does not wipe fully in between the 2 wipers at the bottom end when wiper ends, around a 3 inch long surface area that is left out due to design flaw. if not so OCD its ok, but its quite visible when it is dusty.
-spacious and perfect for family of 8
-powerful, high torque and excellent brake system for its size
-All power windows control by drivers and anti pitch
-good lumbar support for driver
-HU is very small and NO BLUETOOTH
-Side and rear view mirror also small compare to its size
-Sound proofing is average, for this price the sound proofing should be excellent
- clunk sound below undercarriage when the road is uneven, pretty common for this model
-KV5 havent seen the certificate yet..already a month
- Bluetooth is a must
- no cable at the sliding door
- alignment according to the country's road condition
- A pretty responsive car irrespective for a large segment MPV at its size thanks to the 2.2D engine.
- Comparing to my previous car ACR-50, it feels larger in cabin size, higher sitting position, pretty good leg rooms be it 1st, 2nd or 3rd row.
- Even when its fully loaded with 7 adults, overtaking car is still responsive for this big and heavy car
- Cabin room noise to me is better than my previous ACR-50
- The rear huge trunk compartment is surely what I want for my MPV
- The ncap safety features of this car is good especially the brakes. That’s why the HU screen is pathetically 4” just sharp and good enough for reverse visual.
- Pretty innovative design on folding the 2nd row seats upwards compare to the conventional slide folding
- Fuel consumption for such big car is pretty good
- KIA did a pretty good job on the exterior and interior finishing (WELL DONE!)
- The amount of USB and 12v charger port is amazing !
- Air condition overall is great
- The 3rd row adult sitting is comfortable and floaty feel on road humps.
-Would be nice to have more alternative options such as better HU with bigger screen, with bluetooth phone features, 360 degree camera view, etc
- Considering the ground clearance is quite high, a side step option would be advisable
- Steering a little too light on highway speed
- Engine noise are more obvious during town driving but on highway its a breeze !
- I realized they are some light knocking noise specially after driving around whole day but yet to determine the source of the noise.
- I also discovered recently they is a funny noise when I close my LEFT side sliding door but it only sound randomly ( hence its hard to determine the issue)
- maybe its just my personal feeling but i am still trying to find the best sitting comfort position being a driver specially the headrest design.
- First and foremost, its the sales and marketing dept that should be improving as well after sales services.
- So far my experience since the day I paid booking during the car launch until after i got the car almost 3 months later with so much hassle that I file a consumer tribunal case against Naza.
- Its my first KIA car purchase and althought I like what i tested, it still boil down to customer service. All the new policy such KV5 programme should be cleary listed before and not after buying the car (Having said this, till today after driving for almost 4 months i still have not seen the KV5 certificate!)
- Perhaps could improve the cabin and engine bay wall sound insulation
- The diamond shape radiator grille could be an option to purchase
- Insane torque (much needed for 2.1 tonne car)
- All powered door and powered windows with anti pinch
- The engine feel very responsive
- Good lumbar support for long driving
- 6AT is good match with CRDI engine
- So so tech eg no lane keeping, no blind spot detection, no tyre pressure monitor
- Steering feel very light, good for slow drive, but must be more cautious during fast driving.
- Small HU make it feel awkward to use.
- Small centre back mirror
- DRL is manual (no auto light if you choose DRL mode)
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: