Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Onwards to the first car launch in Malaysia this year – the 2018 Kia Picanto has been introduced today at the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC). The A-segment hatchback makes its return to...
The 2018 Kia Picanto that was launched last week is the only non-national offering left in the A-segment space. This time around, only one variant is offered, the litre EX AT - priced at RM49,888 (OTR without insur...
As the only non-national car under RM50,000, the Kia Picanto is a solid alternative to the Perodua Myvi and Proton Iriz. It's well equipped and has a quality of ride and refinement that is head and shoulders above its peers, all while being better to drive than the previous model. Its only letdown is the lack of autonomous emergency braking, especially considering the Myvi Advance has it for not much more.
Ultra-modern styling, well-built interior
Ride and refinement puts it in a different category altogether
Driven Web Series is back again, powered by Petronas Primax! This is the episode you've all been waiting for, featuring the 2018 Perodua Myvi! We compare Malaysia's best-selling car against its two closest rivals, t...
1) Equipped with 7 inch floating infotainment system with reverse camera and Android Auto.
2) Quality speaker output and bass and radio signal receiving is good.
3) Good ride and handling, able to absorb road bump and less feel when car run over uneven road.
4) Nicely wrap steering, look premium and comfortable to hold at this price point.
5) Above average interior built quality and good plastic material use although not soft touch but doesn't look cheap.
6) Nice looking exterior especially the front with Projector headlamp and DRL and U shape position lamp, and LED signal. Kia improve on DRL when handbrake engaged DRL turn off, this increase privacy when parking in Mall and trying to rest in Car.
7) First in class safety features for car at this price point: 6 airbag, 4disc brake, VSM, 5 ELR type seatbelt with 5 seatbelt fasten reminder to name a few.
8) Good NVH suppression
1) No leather seat, consider Axia and Myvi have it at about the same price point.
2) No built in touch and go reader, which I think is very practical and convenience (Myvi have it).
3) No front parking sensor (at least two at right and left side)
4) Rear legroom is critical, it is a tight affair for passenger above 175cm, with front passenger also around 175cm.
5) FC not as good as expected compare to Axia or Bezza maybe due to heavier body weight (increase 44% AHSS), but still within acceptable range.
6) Black and white infotainment display is boring.
1) Use colour infotainment display
2) Improve rear design, make the exhaust pipe visible.
3) Add on rear passenger bottle holder at both rear doors.
4) Can add on leather seat as option.
5) Can built in touch and go reader.
6) Can add front parking sensor
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: