Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
The all-new 2018 Perodua Myvi has been officially launched in Malaysia, with minister of international trade and industry Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed doing the honours in Putrajaya this evening. We've been as eager a...
The long-awaited third generation of Malaysia's most popular car, the Perodua Myvi, has just been launched today, offering greater levels of equipment, comfort, fuel economy and safety. We've already brought you a c...
Akhirnya, pelancaran paling ditunggu-tunggu tahun ini sudahpun berlangsung - Perodua Myvi 2018 kini rasmi diperkenalkan pada pasaran tempatan. Dilancar oleh Menteri Perdagangan Antarabangsa dan Industri Datuk Seri M...
It's hard to believe that it has been five months since the launch of the third-generation Perodua Myvi, during which the hype was mostly focused on the litre models, and little attention was paid to the litre ran...
After one million units sold, the "love of the nation" received a full reboot for the third-generation. The homegrown effort betters the car it replaces in every aspect, but features - some unprecedented at this price point, some ingenious - are a particularly strong point. Still not the best driving or most refined B-segment hatchback, but unbeatable content and value for money means it's a sure winner.
To say that the Perodua Myvi has been a success story would be understating it. Following its arrival on the scene in May 2005, the five-door B-segment hatch quickly became the best-selling car in the country, a pos...
Perodua bukanlah sebuah nama yang asing di Malaysia, sangat popular dalam kalangan pengguna di sini serta kerap mempelopori kedudukan pertama bagi jumlah jualan kenderaan paling banyak - bukan sekali-sekala, tetapi ...
The Perodua Myvi is undoubtedly one of the country's pride and joy, this time donning an all-new look that's completely designed by local talents. There has never been a sportier-looking iteration of the popular nam...
Jika anda kerap memerhatikan ruang ini, anda berkemungkinan besar sudah pernah membaca laporan pandu uji Perodua Myvi 2018 yang kami terbitkan pada hari yang sama sebaik sahaja pelancaran rasminya dilakukan di Putra...
Driven Web Series is back again, powered by Petronas Primax! This is the episode you've all been waiting for, featuring the 2018 Perodua Myvi! We compare Malaysia's best-selling car against its two closest rivals, t...
1. Good looking and sporty design
2. clean ergonomic mature dashboard design. You wont feel like you're in a cheap car material and design wise especially with leather seats. The interior lights in front and middle are adequate and I like that they turn on gradually when you open the door.
3. Decent quality speakers.
4. LED headlights are bright and thorough, follow me home lights are amazing when you want to open the door on your house at night
5. sport grip on steering wheel is comfortable
6. Crazy spacious leg room at the back
7. Steering is light and maneuverable in tight city spaces
8. Body design is small on the outside, huge on the inside. Rear seat can be folded almost flat. There's also a light at the boot which is not there on the 1st gen Myvi
9. plenty of USB for modern gadgets for all occupants
10. Key fob is simple and light in your pocket unlike heavy Honda key fob
11. Excellent value for money especially safety, all around airbag, TRC, and auto brake emergency break camera system, Hill hold assist, unheard of for a car that costs RM55k.
12. When you have the main wipers on and you hit gear in reverse, it will automatically turn on the rear wiper. Little conveniences that make me smile. Just like HRV
13. Keyless entry when you press the driver side button once, it only opens the driver side. I think this makes me feel safe that no one can jump in my car when I am entering my car alone at night at a seedy location
14. Boot space is much better than old myvi. Perfect for commuter car or small family of 1 kid.
1. Not enough cup holders! There's only 2 for the middle rear. So if I buy take away coffee for front passengers, where am I going to place it?
2. Engine I feel has adequate power, but the gearbox & engine is programmed to be at the lowest possible RPM at all times makes you feel the car is under powered. If you floor it, the car can sprint and pickup is very good and may surprise other more expensive cars, but it does feel like it's out of it;'s element. This is not designed to be a fast car. It is a convenient run about car to run errands & commute.
3. Keyless entry switch is only available for driver side. So if you want to enter any other door, you have to use the remote
4. The car doesn't auto lock like my 1st generation myvi. You have to manually lock the door using the button on the dashboard.
5. Advanced trim infotainment is really bad. doesn't lag, but the GPS is as good as useless and not compatible with all Android. Also when you have the GPS running, you can't have music on at the same time..
6. Reverse camera clear but the lines of travel does not move with steering input when reversing like in Honda cars
7. The start stop is arguably not really making any difference with fuel economy. It is also not the best system as it doesn't know when you are only stopping for like 1 second, it doesn't justify to stop and restart. So if you are crawling traffic jam during rush hour, you have to manually turn off the auto start stop every time. This system is only useful at the traffic light. Even that, with the AC running, the battery doesn't have enough power to run the AC compressor, so the AC will not run cold. In really hot days, the car will only stop the engine for a few seconds before it kicks it on again just so it can power the AC compressor.
8. The rear breaks are still drums and feel spongy and not confident inspiring.
9. I am the kind of guy that turns off my AC before I turn off the car. AC buttons are weird, you can set 2 sets of memories but when I park and want to turn of the AC, I have to manually press the fan down button all the way to 'Off' I find this annoying.
10. Sound insulating is not so good especially at the rear wheel arches. You can clearly hear water splashing at the tires when driving in rain. It is so bad when I first got the car driving in the rain that I thought I had the rear window open.
11. With 4 adults, the car clearance is reduces and you have to take extra care when running over bumpers at speeds.
12. With all the technology, the 1.5L liter engine has about the same fuel economy as my 2010 1.3L Myvi.
13. Ride comfort is better than old myvi, but it still jerks about and doesn't go over bumpy roads well. Honda is still better at this. The tossing and turning of your body will make you feel tired in a long commute. Expensive cars glide over road imperfections which makes you not feel tired after a long journey.
1.Wheel Arch insulation is cheap but this is where they decide to cut corners.
2. Get better gearbox. At least a CVT. This 4 Speed Auto is seriously dinosaur age.
3. All disc breaks to make the car feel more confident
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: