Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Looking to buy a new Volkswagen Golf R in Malaysia? Research Volkswagen Golf R car prices, specs, safety, reviews & ratings at CarBase.my. You can also compare the Volkswagen Golf R against its rivals in Malaysia.
- Monster performance from a Golf. Definitely feels quicker 0-100 km/h than the manufacturer's claim of 5 seconds
- 2nd generation Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) works wonders. Previously lived with a Mk6 GTI which had the subpar 1st generation DCC. Now you can actually feel a huge difference between the different settings
- It handles like a peach and yet very comfortable for a hot hatch. More comfortable than the spine-breaking A45 or the Mk6 GTI despite its smaller wheels
- It is after all a Golf, so it remains a class leader in interior roominess and practicality. Interior build quality and design are tasteful and impressive too. Bells and whistles included
- Might not be a good reason for some but I love its relatively subtle and understated looks. In the world of loud and aggressive looking hot hatches, this is considered an absolute 'sleeper'. A true wolf in sheep's clothing
- Like many in Asia Pacific, Malaysians get the slightly detuned version. Still goes like a rocket but less impressive for the pub talk
- Soundtrack not as great or genuine as some of its rivals. The Soundaktor isn't for every enthusiast but can be disabled
- If 'brand value' matters to you, this might not be the most value for money hot hatch in the market, considering how competitively priced or appealing the A45 is to both car enthusiasts and 'non-enthusiasts'
- VW should ensure that the Mk8 Golf R need not be detuned for its hot climate consumers
- VW used to offer those lovely bucket seats for the Mk6 R. Please bring it back!
- Overall, I genuinely think this is the best daily driver's hot hatch Ringgit can buy
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: