Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
We've been waiting for this moment ever since Proton and Geely tied the knot in the middle of last year, and that moment has finally arrived – the Proton X70 has officially been launched in Malaysia! The national ...
At long last, the Proton X70 - the national carmaker's first-ever SUV - has made its official launch debut in Malaysia. With prices starting from RM99,800 on-the-road without insurance, buyers will get to choose fro...
This is it. The one you've all been waiting for. The Proton X70 SUV has been the talk of the town ever since it was introduced to much fanfare late last year, and doubtless you'll want to know how it drives. Well, t...
Much has already been written about the Proton X70, and the SUV has previously been featured in a video review, but that was as part of a group test in a Driven Web Series episode early this year. Now, Hafriz Shah t...
Driven Web Series returns for another instalment, powered by Petronas. For the first episode of 2019, we’re talking SUVs, and this trio is sure to pique your interest, especially since it involves the newly launch...
- NVH is top notch which minimal road and wind noise. I've owned vehicles twice the price and their NVH can't match the X70.
- The included driver assists such as blind spot, active cruise control and lane keeping is unheard off at this price range.
- Suspension is rather firm and makes the vehicle feel planted. There is some added confidence when going into corners yet still has some comfort when driving.
- The nappa leather seats provides much need comfort but you need to find your sweet spot before you start driving.
- Included USB port for dash camera is a welcome feature.
- The on-board assistant helps a lot when I want to operate basic things like controlling the AC and sunroof. I can keep my eyes on the road while asking the assistant to do simple tasks for me.
- Engine has a decent pull for the vehicle size and weight.
- Fuel consumption is terrible. I'm getting about 12.4L/100km and I get around 300km per tank using RON95 in 100% city driving using Normal mode and with not much heavy acceleration.
- The 6AT gearbox emits a whirring sound at low speeds between gears 1 and 2 when I gently apply throttle which is sounds as if the gears have some sort of extra friction.
- The boot needs some effort to open and close. Women will find it hard to operate.
- Nappa leather may be damaged if you have a child seat as the anchor points are located between the leather seat recessed area.
- Head unit with Geely GKUI isn't that great and the Baidu maps need a lot more improvement to be on par with Google Maps or Waze.
- The Active Cruise Control does not have low speed follow during traffic jams.
- The Kenwood subwoofer is almost useless in the boot. There is no bass at all and doesn't complement the rest of the sound setup.
- All doors swing out too easily. I damaged my door paint due to this.
- Much needed 7 speed DCT in the CKD units may address the fuel consumption and gearbox whirring sounds.
- Power boot to be included for easier operation.
- ISOFIX points should have been designed to be tucked away with clips instead if being sandwiched between the leather seats.
- Include a better subwoofer as the other speakers are good.
- Include option to use Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- To included better hinges for the doors to stop the doors from swinging out too easily.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: