Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
Ample amounts of interior space
Very large boot
Fuel economy is good for the most part
Decent looking design
Decent enough engine for the car's size
Low turning radius (Had one time where I accidentally hit a bump when turning)
Rear seats are not reclined enough.
Handling not so good
Body paint can easily be scratched
Becomes quite unstable beyond 100km/h
Limited USB ports
2 airbags only.
Value for money, great specs, ventilated seats are a major plus in these hot weather. Got the highest spec model and no issue whatsoever since the day I got this car, done my regular servicing and engine is superb, drives comfortably even at high speed. Infotainment system is great and the speakers given are good enough. I use the sunroof quite [...]
Fuel consumption can be better, on paper, it was supposed to be 7L/100km but have never got that low. Service centre (when they were under Naza KIA) was so so, nothing to shout about, facilities were basic with free drinks and a comfy place to sit while you wait for your car to be serviced. Nothing fancy.
- Love the boxy design and from the looks, definitely knows it capable to do light off road :)
- First time own a boxer engine. Nice boxer rumble sound at cold start up
- Great visibility though. Driving position totally good
- Clocked 110k KM and still haven't change the brake pad yet. haha
- Acceptable cost to service and maintains compare[...]
- Subaru's head unit. Looks like cheap and bought from Brothers
- Fuel consumption abit high when you are spirited driver.
- Easy to crack windshield. Changed 4 times within 2 years of ownership.
-Proton was over engineered for this A-segment car.
-Good handling and stable (180km tarak goyang maa).
-Fast braking from 100km to 0km.
-Feels safe when drive this car.
-Feel solid when drive (just no enough torque u feel like a meh???).
-Feel confident when u start to cross the junction with Hyundai gearbox compare Saga punch CVT.
-small space at driver side compare Perodua Axia.
- Seats positioning gone wrong and produces unconfortable feel and weird viewsight for driver.
-rattling at dashboard "trrrrrrr trrr trrrr".
- BAD FUEL COSUMPTION for 1.3 engine! city driving around 7.8L/km above depend your leg.
- Unbalance power to weight ratio.
- Low p[...]
-Adequate performance to any 2.0L NA cars but yearly renewal of a 1.6L road tax.
-Great cabin room & boot space
-Good all rounder for daily use & business trip
-Basic safety features back to date (but not modern advanced)
-Firm suspension for this kinda cars which isnï¿½t meant for performance use
-Gearbox sometimes slow to respond but it does comes with paddle shift for manual shifting
-No reverse camera which is unacceptable
-Lack of some advanced safety features like blind spot monitoring and collision prevention system to prevent from front collision au[...]
1. Active safety features that no other cars sub 60k have.
2. Low engine rpm(2k) at 110kmh contribute to lower engine noise and better fuel efficiency at highway speed.
3. Quick 0-100 time.
4. Spacious rear legroom
5. Full size spare tyre
6. Adequate interior light.
7. Reclinable rear seat.
8. Auto folding mirrors.
9. I like the new cran[...]
1. Subpar NVH especially the road noise, sometimes it's a bit unbearable especially when driving in the rain. When I hit puddles, sounded like my rear door is open.
2. Rattling sound everywhere, from the engine bay, dashboard area, rear door & boot area.
3. Very soft paint, can easily be scratched by finger nail.
4. Headlamp not so bright, i [...]
- Sleek and artful exterior design. Easily win vs other competitor in it class
- Premium quality interior. Interior design is simple and minimalistic but looks and feel expensive.
- Great performance, great handling
- infotainment system is responsive and easy to use.
- Stocked speaker fairly good
- Fuel economy is average
- cramp rear seat
- infotainment display is quite small
- cluster display not offer much info
1. The handing for this car in this segment is one of the best ones so far (Driven from KL-Uni Perlis few times already for this pass 2 months of ownership, taken corners without slowing down much still manageable)
2. Tried lenjan this car at empty highway midnight (easily 170km with 4500-4800rpm) no problem
3. Factory tyres are really good an[...]
1. The infotainment system could be better
2. 2 times already the computer system freaked out when starting the engine and all the dash panel warning light lights up and can't change gear from P, after restart then it's fine
3. Also the infotainment system crashed 3 times in this 2 months of ownership, when stopping the car usually the inform[...]
- handling and balance that comes with a light chassis
- good power and adequate torque from the 2.4l naturally aspirated motor
- good brake feel for road use
- quite easy to heel toe when hard braking
- long live manual transmission
- shifter a little notchy
- rears strictly for makeshift storage
- infotainment from cars a decade old
Starting with the interior, the semi bucket leather seats are very comfortable especially during long travels with under thigh extension for support. It also offers massage for the front driver seats making long drives less tired and also good for the back. For the infotainment system is great with with wired android auto and apple car play. No [...]
The touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel sometimes can be hard to press and when you accidentally swipe or touch them, it'll change the radio station or volume. Wireless charging was to be expected for this vehicles segment price range but lacks of it. Quality can be improved for the interior but overall is okay. Lack of ADAS system suc[...]
1) Exterior design - Very American looking design from outside. Commands good road presence. And somehow the design looks good regardless of whichever color u choose (Mine is black color, but the copper color looks equally eye catching)
2) Stable on the road driving manners. Driving dynamics exude confidence and the car feels less wobbly on twi[...]
1) No Active Safety features, although the passive safety features are pretty good for the class
2) Ground clearance is quite low surprisingly for an SUV (If I'm not mistaken, it's only 175mm). By right, an SUV should have minimum 200mm ground clearance. I have scraped the underbody a few times when going through rough roads.
3) NVH level is[...]
- The sporty plus unique classical design in and out (head-turner)
- Engine responsiveness in sport mode + DSG aggressiveness in sport gear mode (sporty character is there and much more than its sibling x120i 2022 with same engine & gearbox)
- Good handling for its Crossover size ?body roll is still greater for sharp cornering in comparison of[...]
- Some part on the dashboard can feel cheap if you knock at it
- only 4 yrs warranty compared to BMW 5 yrs
- bulky from mini family perspective
- The jinba-ittai philosophy live up to it's name. The car brings a smile to your face with it's nimble and zippy handling.
- Engine feels lively and willing to rev, engine note sounds the best in it's class.
- Frugal fuel consumption with constant speed.
- Steering is light and direct, feedback is good.
- 6 speed gearbox with paddle shifter[...]
- Despite it's measurements of 4,060 mm x 1,695 mm x 1,470 mm(L x W x H), it is one of the longest hatchback in the B-segment hatch, however it does not look the part due to it's rounded and sculpted body
- The pre-facelift model have very intrusive road noise, factory fitted eco-tyres further worsen the NVH
- Short front and rear seat, tight [...]
Nippy. 0-100 in 6.8secs bragging rights. Handling BMW DNA is there. Fully carbon fiber. Rear seats spacious. Economical to charge. 3 pin no issue to charge. DC max at 50kw. Nimble handling, easy parking. Driving around city and for outstation no issues.
The only expensive part to change are the tires. Only Bridgestone makes this bespoke tires.
Travelling on highway sometimes may be affected by crosswinds if going at fast speeds. Limited battery size. Ideally should be at 58kwh at least.
-Cheapest car with android auto / apple car play in 2019
-Cheapest car for non national car maker
- Reasonably comfortable
- Very respectable fuel efficiency. I live and drive mostly in a city and can get around 15km/l per tank. I drive mostly during non-peak hours and try to avoid high traffic areas.
-interior look good
- Road and wind noise quite intrusive.
- high RPM during high speed
- 4AT gearbox sometime have jerking
Very high spec almost nothing you could want on the car that isnt present maybe aside from air con seats. Sound system is amazing and coupled with the pilot assit system makes being stuck in traffic jams almost enjoyable. My car has got the polestar upgrade so it is even more powerful than standard, its pick up pins you in your seat and the acce[...]
Handling isnt the best considering how much power the car has got and the regenerative brakes makes braking this 2.2 tonne car quite scarry sometimes. You need to get used to weight your throwing around and the rear suspension isnt the most pliant, something like a X4 or X3 will be more comfortable for back seat passangers.
Excellent handling, good levels of safety both active and passive. Despite it being the most affordable entry into new Volvo ownership due to all the parts sharing across the range you dont feel like your are getting an inferior product. The handling of the car is excellent with good amounts of mechanical grip coupled with the excellent PZero ty[...]
Its a T5 so fuel consumption i find to be quite bad and coupled with the small fuel tank slighly above 50 litres, you have to fill it up quite often. its rear seats arents the most comfortable with a short rear seat base and uprights position that cannot be adjusted at all. The boot is decently sized but i find that because of the raised false f[...]
Owned from new over the last 8 years. very reliable nothing went wrong other than interior trim parts that started rattling and needed to be readjusted but mechanically very good. Gearbox and engine pairing is smooth enought with good gerobox mapping that offers good fuel consumption. Very practical with a lot of space.
Poor build quality relative to competitors, interior trim panels have started rattling everywhere, a lot of creeking over uneven roads and speed bumps.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: