Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
- Good handling
- Stylish exterior looking
- Largest interior space among its segment
- Big audio display screen
- Worst quality I had ever encountered
- Body paint like "tofu", couldn't wipe exterior body with normal cloth, end up scratches all around
- Daytime LED malfunction after 3 months in service
- Power window motor noise
- Car vibration during stopping at the middle of driving
- Good handling at its class (better than Vios & Honda City)
- Value for money. At less than RM60K, you get 6 airbags, leather seats, DVD player, keyless entry, push
start & stop button and other safety features
- The car does not feel underpowered in most circumstances.
- The front passenger and driver seat is comfortable because the se[...]
- Rattling near the dashboard, all four doors, and handbrake
- Chirping sound has occurred near the dashboard area after 1 year of usage
- The is no adjustable headrest for the rear seat
- No armrest
- Bad sound system. The speaker cannot produce a good amount of bass due to the bad quality of DVD
- The DVD player sometimes hang
- Very Spacious compare ot its rival and almost same like innova except the boot capacity
- Very good handling for a Mpv. Pretty stable even at high speeds. Can hentam sedans and hatchbacks at corner and this is quite funny to me. Can give lessons to other driver that perasan laju lol
- Aircond is very cold even after parked for so long un[...]
-- FC is very high. For a city driving , One day I try to save fuel, so I try to keep my foot as light as possible(even trailers driver are mad because of slow acceleration) and only reach speed of 50kmh, I only can get 11.3km/L(Super light foot) . Maybe Exora body is too much for a small 1.6 engine. But, for the highway the fc is reasonable
- Powerful small 1.2L PureTech engine + small steering wheel = Great power output with great control
- Good fuel consumption (not as good as PSA claimed, but still very good, 18 - 19km/l)
- Very good looking rear light
- Very well noise insulation cabin (super duper good)
- I super duper like the aircraft-style handbrake, because I like uniq[...]
- No push start and keyless entry (not a big problem for me)
- No LED headlight (Only come with halogen projector light, but it comes with nice DRL)
- No rear view camera as the vision is blocked if all 3 rear passengers are there
- 3 cylinders vibration is there (no complaint as it's a small engine which won Engine of the Year for 4 consecu[...]
- Great handling
- Great suspension setup
- Smooth engine ride on highway & city drive
- Good safety features with 7 air-bags
- Huge interior space
- AWD system was superb
- Good visibility with large windows
- Great ground clearance
- Car accessories was a joke (reveres camera, head unit) was cheap and bad works-man-ship as the reverse camera fell off as they used double-side tape to sick on the car
- No lighting in the glove box
- Only one reverse light as for the other light was useless in urban drive
- Road noise feedback is bad
- Slow respond in CVT gearbox
Engine & CVT transmission is incredibly smooth. So much so that it's effortless to cruise on highways. You don't really ever feel the need to mash the throttle to accelerate.
Suspension soaks up bumps comfortably.
Ample space in the front & rear, as well as the boot
Reasonable fuel consumption - it's not a hybrid, but it's not a fuel guzzler [...]
Renault chose not to activate Android Auto in the car which is a bummer.
Tyre size is rare in MY, and so hard to source. If available, the costs would be expensive since the tyres are of the imported variety.
The paintwork chips rather easily. Not sure if it's an issue with the CKD units, or Tan Chong.
- good overall packaging VS similar range in Malaysia
- spacious regardless for driver, rear passenger and rear boot space
- capable turbo engine adequate for urban and freeway accelerate and cruise, yet able to be economical if driver wants to and can behave
- lesser rate of quality defect VS some manufacturers
- driving experience not as joy as mazda3
- stripping away many good features, but the most unacceptable for me, is the exclusion of passenger airbag disable function
- too bad Malaysia don’t get SENSING in top spec, else I would go for it
quality is totally out. own the car less than a year.. headlamp changed via warranty due to watermark
- door scrathing against fender due to gap clearance issue. so u can hear squeking sound sometime like old car haha. honda say its 2mm. but my unit have various gapbover bonnet, fender , door. worst than proton saga megavalve.
1. Good looking and sporty design
2. clean ergonomic mature dashboard design. You wont feel like you're in a cheap car material and design wise especially with leather seats. The interior lights in front and middle are adequate and I like that they turn on gradually when you open the door.
3. Decent quality speakers.
4. LED headlights are bri[...]
1. Not enough cup holders! There's only 2 for the middle rear. So if I buy take away coffee for front passengers, where am I going to place it?
2. Engine I feel has adequate power, but the gearbox & engine is programmed to be at the lowest possible RPM at all times makes you feel the car is under powered. If you floor it, the car can sprint and[...]
- Dual VVT-i engine, i feel a lot of different especially on fuel consumption, compare to 2nd gen Vios i drive before
- 7 Speed CVT with tiptronic gearbox, for me it is a WOW. Paddle shift can't get this feel. Even i shift to high rev 3-3.5k rpm the engine sound still good to go.
- Suspension & absorber and engine shacking level for Toyota alw[...]
- Joke style sport rims for J and E spec, the biggest disappointment for me to not choose G spec instead.
- Bore odometer design
- NO AUTO CRUISE CONTROL, i have check the Vios ECU have the program, and the meter also have icon, so just need to P&P install the stick. I still don't understand why TOYOTA don;t want to install it!!
- Behind sea[...]
- Good cabin design ( easy to reach and connect ); nice arrangement
- 4 front & rear parking sensors
- Admirable instrument panel; tire pressure monitoring system ( Thumbs up )
- Well engineered Electric Power Steering
- Good sound insulation; quite cabin ( can hear a bit engine high rev up sound BUT NOT intrusive comfortability )
Impressive economy averaging about 21km/litre. I drive mostly in an urban environment and make a weekly highway trip to KL (approx 400km). I can get a range of about 750km on a full tank of petrol (probably can go further to about 800km+ but not willing to risk running out of fuel)
Well put together interior with abund[...]
The original infotainment system has been replaced with an aftermarket system which is not very user friendly. However you can fit a sim card or use your phone as a hot spot to access Waze/Googlemaps.
Only 1 USB port but 2 12V sockets. Would have preferred more USB ports.
The reverse camera feed has over saturated colors and low definition wh[...]
1) very powerful (engine 320hp / motor 87Hp) supercar teritory
2) spacious interior
3) value for money
4) comfort ride with air suspension
5) Volvo service package can purchase upon register of vehicle
6) Volvo on call cover SIngapore / Malaysia & Thailand
7) other European make with higher pricing don't even have all the safety feature in[...]
1) all system rely on the centre screen consule
2) electric range not as per indicate on meter
3) inner door and rear boot area easily get dirty
4) no R design bodykit for selection
5) interior colour too dull
6) big moon roof in our climate no so suitable
7) no front fog light
8) gearbox a bit obvious when sudden change from electric mo[...]
-The smooth interior design of the car
- Fuel Efficiency . ( Johor Bharu to Kuala Lumpur Only Cost RM 50 per Trip )
- Prefect car for those people need travel around in Malaysia
- Cant Really Say Under power . ( Cause i did run around 180km/h on Plus Highway
- The ugly design of the car behind ( Still finding a way to cover the butt )
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: