- Alfa Romeo Aston Martin Bentley Borgward Bufori BYD Caterham Chana Chery
- Chevrolet Citroen Ferrari Fiat Ford GAC Great Wall Haval Infiniti
- Isuzu Jaguar Jeep JMC Lamborghini Land Rover Lotus Mahindra Maserati
- Maxus McLaren MINI Mitsubishi Neta Peugeot Porsche Renault Rolls-Royce
- Skoda smart SsangYong Subaru Suzuki Tata Tesla Volkswagen Volvo
Proton Saga P2-13A MC2 (2022-Present) Owner Review
Share your experiences with the Proton Saga - Write an owner review
Do you own the Proton Saga? As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life.
Share your experiences with the Proton Saga and help others in the market for a car like this.
4 Owner Reviews
4 August 2023
-Proton was over engineered for this A-segment car.
-Good handling and stable (180km tarak goyang maa).
-Fast braking from 100km to 0km.
-Feels safe when drive this car.
-Feel solid when drive (just no enough torque u feel like a meh???).
-Feel confident when u start to cross the junction with Hyundai gearbox compare Saga punch CVT.
-Just Ok when cruise on highway.?
-B road is the suitable road for this car.???
- Hyundai gearbox works well.
- from 100kmh to 140kmh is faster than saga FLX?
-Fuelsave around 5.5L until 6.8L/km when in highway (other car also do the same thing..? ).
-Nice speaker for it class. dum dum dum Techno song for life!
-Well space boot for segment A car.
-Easy to maintain.
-Handsome look car (with bodykit?).
-small space at driver side compare Perodua Axia.
- Seats positioning gone wrong and produces unconfortable feel and weird viewsight for driver.
-rattling at dashboard "trrrrrrr trrr trrrr".
- BAD FUEL COSUMPTION for 1.3 engine! city driving around 7.8L/km above depend your leg.
- Unbalance power to weight ratio.
- Low pickup and low responsive when accelerate from green trafficlight compare to Perodua Bezza.
-Bad quality made in Geely Mao zedong infotainment screen. The screen always restart when function.
-Headlight less birght.
-bad for survive in city driving.
JUST CHANGE NEW ENGINE laaa for great fuel cosumption.
- upgrade torque around 150nm max is good enough for 1.3 engine.
- Tune better the pickup be more responsive when accelerate.
-Eco mode must be in the next gen Proton Saga soon.. Eco indicator only nobody will be care about that. Malaysian kaki tekan!
-Interior design be more practical and feel more space when driver and passenger stay in the car. be more comfort.
24 July 2023
1. The handing for this car in this segment is one of the best ones so far (Driven from KL-Uni Perlis few times already for this pass 2 months of ownership, taken corners without slowing down much still manageable)
2. Tried lenjan this car at empty highway midnight (easily 170km with 4500-4800rpm) no problem
3. Factory tyres are really good and grippy in wet rainy weathers and quite quiet at highway, only engine rev sound noticable
4. Love the looks of the car from the exterior and interior (Ruby Red Premium s version)
5. The speaker system in this car is great (blast with 75% volume throughout my KL - Perlis journey was an experience
6. The reverse camera quite good and accurate sensors
7. Aircond sejuk...not as sejuk as FLX since that uses Sanden compressor now this new saga uses geely compressor (Aetocar compressor) but it still manages to bring down the car cabin temperature well
8. Spacious boot and still the only car in this segment that comes with factory spare tyres
1. The infotainment system could be better
2. 2 times already the computer system freaked out when starting the engine and all the dash panel warning light lights up and can't change gear from P, after restart then it's fine
3. Also the infotainment system crashed 3 times in this 2 months of ownership, when stopping the car usually the information system will show the 3 warning message before shutting down, but it stayed on after the engine shutdown, had to factory reset the infotainment system and then everything works back as usual
4. The factory halogen headlights were very very dim and really out of alignment, both facial too low and to the left the beams of the light, changed to 4300k LED and it's night and day difference
5. Fuel consumption...after 3000 rpm... memang makan teruk...kaki kena kawal sikit, and when start stop especially too many traffic light... you'll notice your petrol consumption is higher, highway as long maintain below 3k rpm then jimat
6. The cup holder...hmmm tiny...and lack of storage space for things like smart tag holder, bottle holder, card box, all around the car at least at the front 2 seats
2 June 2023
This is a brilliant piece of machine for the city. For many years i have an SUV and Crossover. This is my first ever Proton Saga bought it in April 2023.
What I love about it (feeling-wise) is how easily it manoeuvres around the busy street and loads of red lights in KL. It makes my daily errands so enjoyable and I can treat it like a toy car. I love how others just see me cruising in this with my shades on just buying going to buy milk or go to my football matches.
What I love about it (practical):
- easy to park in reverse and parallel park with all round sensors
- fuel efficient
- AC is the coldest (great for our hot climate)
- the console is friendly plus can mirror screen off my phone
- responsive steering and quick turnings
- i guess maintenance and availability of spare parts in the future would be abundance. Will be easily taken care off and at lower costs compared to other cars
- oh trunk space. HUGE TRUNK SPACE! A golf set easily fits in with more room for duffel bags and stuffs.
Coming from bigger better cars, there are a few things hard for me to be at peace with. They are:
- storage compartments for driver and passenger. So small and little space
- the car does not beep when u lock and unlock it. Paranoid sometimes when i leave the car feeling unsure if its locked or not
- speed and acceleration of course. Think about max cruising speed at 100-120km/h on highways but beyond that, no way jose.
- small fuel tank 30 litres
- confidence of taking corners so low
- no armrest and storage box
- basically storage is super lacking for me. No idea where to place my wallet, phone, multiple sunglasses, access cards, smart tag machine, thermos, and etc.
- storage and compartments (like why do i have to buy a third party armrest and storage unit from Shopee?)
Beep sound when lock and unlock the car.
Bigger fuel tank.
Wider tyres (altho they actually did increase for this model i think)
30 May 2023
-My RM36k base spec saga is far more better NVH than my top spec rm5+k myvi mg3.
-Seems good in terms of ride quality as u wont feel much when going through harsh road compared to my myvi that feel like spring potong
- Easy to corner or parking because u dont need to turn much to get big angle & also being more lighter than myvi despite myvi already use electric steering.
- Saga MT only have 2 speaker but give far more pleasant & bassy sound than myvi which have 4 speaker.
- Engine is more quiet than myvi when driving
- Good pickup when using the right gear & rpm. Campro are not so good at low rpm.
- Compared to the perodua, fuel average on saga can be high especially when you're doing city driving. This engine will consume more fuel when you always accelerate-stop. Highway driving can achieve 16-20km/L.