Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
- For this size, it's a solid & tough built.
- Good FC for a 1.6.
- Moderately comfy seats.
- Nice sporty steering. Turning circle/radius is quite small.
- Good handling (takes corners very well for this size) & acceleration (the speed picks up whenever you rev it).
- Elegant and nice leg and front cockpit dim lights.
- Cruise control. I [...]
- Tight rear legroom (3 adults would be squeezed like sandwich at the back but better than Fiesta)
- No auto fold side mirrors.
- No ESC.
- No engine sound insulation. The engine's roar is visible when high rev.
- No lights on the trunk.
- For this price, airbag is only 2 at the front. No side and rear airbags.
- No panic button.
- No rea[...]
- Sporty design compared to the previous models
- Decent engine, power comes higher up the rev range.
- Good looking leather seats
- Very nimble car to get around town without sacrificing features.
- Very spacious for a B-segment Car
- Sport rims are pretty good looking
- Sexy lines throughout the car
- Extremely Well equipped for the pri[...]
- Insulation could be better, soundproofing shouldn't be sold as an upgrade,
- Steering completely lacking feel
- Suspension jerky over bumps and floaty at high speeds
- Seats are not as comfortable as it looks. Feels like seating "on" than "in"
- Seats don't get low enough, feels like sitting in a MPV
- The rear undercarriage is poorly ins[...]
things I am happy with the Vios 2NR
-new Dual VVTI 2NR is very fuel efficient and a whole lot quieter than the outgoing 1NZ
-fuel consumption is not bad given the daily KL-PJ commute (average speed under 30 km/h on drives heading home)
-tachometer reads 3,100 rpm at 110 km/h, just fyi. engine noise begins to be audible.
-fitment of VSC and [...]
features or items that could really swing your purchase decision on a used Vios 2NR
-no side airbags and curtain airbags, if that is your main priority
-no Hill Start Assist, absolutely will notice (and want) it when you drive along Jalan Maarof everyday.
-no Multi-info Display for 'Range to go', 'current fuel consumption' and 'average fuel[...]
Performance - A very powerful 1.5 NA engine combined with Electric Motor with a 7-speed iDCD transmission.
Handling and Comfort - Better than Honda City GM6 FL 1.5V's
Legroom - A lot more spacious than Mazda 2 including cargo space
3D Iluminated Meter Cluster - Direct and Clear Multi Info Display
- 6.8-inch double-DIN head unit with reverse camera isn’t the best in the class and is less user friendly compared to the old seven-inch GM6 model.
- No curtain airbags
- lack of the City GM6 FL V’s LED headlamps and foglamps
- No USB charging port for rear passenger
- Urethane Steering
- 4 speakers only
-Decent acceleration when I fully step on the gas pedal.
-Soundproofing from OUTSIDE noise is decent too.
-Rusty fuel inlet
-Brake pedal squeaking and stuck feeling. Brake master pump was faulty
-Clunking steering rack.
-Squeaking and clunking suspension, especially during heavy rain
-When driving highway speeds, occasionally sounds like something in the suspension is loose
-Vibration at 60-100 km/h
-Car seat squeaking whenever turning corners[...]
- Pickup is good and strong, does not feel underpowered most of the time.
- Fuel consumption is excellent, I can go up to 580km on one tank on 50% city 50%highway driving.
- Space for rear passengers is surprising, I can sit behind myself with a lot of space and I'm 1.86m tall. Headroom and legroom are excellent.
- Car is very silent at idle.[...]
- Tyre roar is very loud, especially at speed. Could be due to the Goodyear tyres factory fitted.
- Fit and finish. My lock/unlock button in the car is loose and is going to fall off, and the left side LED front light vibrates when the car is stationary.
- Paintwork. I find the paintwork very thin, small rocks can chip off the paint very easil[...]
1. Space - big enough for 4-5 kids. But when they grow older, space might be tight.
2. Handling - superb for MPV of its class
3. Comfortness - excellent in terms of air conditioning, cup holder, arm rest
4. Powerful - 1.6CFE Turbo is powerful to carry 5 adults with 3 kids + luggage
1. Fuel consumption - Very kuat makan minyak.. To get 8.3km/100km means to maintain 100kmj speed. Plus very light pedal during accelaration, can be too harsh
2. CVT gear box - under power (during low speed). Sometimes even can gostan on slope/ramp, even in D!!. Punch CVT defeat the purpose of CVT. Proton need to go for conventional gearbox
The Viva is surprisingly very spacious despite being such a small car.
Fuel Efficiency is excellent.
Seats are comfortable.
It is very affordable and easy to maintain.
Overall, it is a reliable little car that is cheap and cheerful.
Perfect choice for those in need of a second car.
- Cheap and affordable
- Spacious cabin,like sedan
- Quiet engine sound
- Smooth and easy handling and manouvering
- Nice looking exterior design
- Spacious cargo boot,even bigger than Myvi
- Electronic side mirror folding,like on the RM50k+ cars
- LED taillights can be seen clearly from far
- 2016 G Spec now comes with ABS and EBD (Prev[...]
- Steering wheel height cannot be adjusted
- Window glasses become foggy especially after rain or before dawn when air-cond is on
- No auto central locking
- Fuel consumption it not as stated (21km/litres) Average fuel consumption I have acheived onli 12-15km/litres
- Front grille's plastic look cheap
- Not comfortable for long journeys
1) Comfortable seat
2) Noise level good
3) Go through bump softly good
4) Real 7 seaters
5) 7 usb port
6) Separate front and back aircond
7) Fuel efficient - so far full city about 8-10km/l
8) Sliding door, especially open with kungfu kick
9) Double rear bonnet.. Really handy.
Overall can see nissan really put some thou[...]
1) Expensive parts (rear windscreen = rm7k)
2) Too fast over a bump, have a " kuk" sound
3) HU low quality (Recent solved restart/future time)
4) Slightly shaky when moving fast to slow then fast
5) Service center not tech enough
cheap maintenance to maintain, fuel consumption very very economic like hybrid car, easy parking, large seat size and comfy..i owned this car since 2008 and till now had done mileage 300000km with no gearbox issue, no engine issue at all...very best you just keep maintain your schedule of maintenance then, car can last more than 10 years...i lov[...]
draftshaft problematic when you oftenly turning full wheels, mounting absorber need to improve, as now i'm converting using Alza absorber mounting which are more tahan brader
-Very fuel efficiency 12km/l and powerful engine at most circumstances even with 4WD
-CVT is very smooth and less winding noise
-Very spacious rear passenger seat
-During heavy rain, the rain drop fell the roof is very loud and noisy which is worse then my vios 2015 J spec
-Quality issue which I encounter is plastic roof molding going to fall off and gear lever button broken and fall off.
- Very powerful 1.5L engine
- Smoth CVT gear box
- Sport mode with paddle shift
- Auto Cruise
- Fast acceleration
- 16 Inch rims
- Good handling
- Sound system is very good (i really like this)
- Fuel save (1 tank can go 580-600km)
- New design
- Engine very silent when stop car
- Nice steering design
- Rear wiper
Nothing to comment
I feel very fun with my car... for me this is the best 1.5L car
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: