Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
- The jinba-ittai philosophy live up to it's name. The car brings a smile to your face with it's nimble and zippy handling.
- Engine feels lively and willing to rev, engine note sounds the best in it's class.
- Frugal fuel consumption with constant speed.
- Steering is light and direct, feedback is good.
- 6 speed gearbox with paddle shifter[...]
- Despite it's measurements of 4,060 mm x 1,695 mm x 1,470 mm(L x W x H), it is one of the longest hatchback in the B-segment hatch, however it does not look the part due to it's rounded and sculpted body
- The pre-facelift model have very intrusive road noise, factory fitted eco-tyres further worsen the NVH
- Short front and rear seat, tight [...]
Nippy. 0-100 in 6.8secs bragging rights. Handling BMW DNA is there. Fully carbon fiber. Rear seats spacious. Economical to charge. 3 pin no issue to charge. DC max at 50kw. Nimble handling, easy parking. Driving around city and for outstation no issues.
The only expensive part to change are the tires. Only Bridgestone makes this bespoke tires.
Travelling on highway sometimes may be affected by crosswinds if going at fast speeds. Limited battery size. Ideally should be at 58kwh at least.
-Cheapest car with android auto / apple car play in 2019
-Cheapest car for non national car maker
- Reasonably comfortable
- Very respectable fuel efficiency. I live and drive mostly in a city and can get around 15km/l per tank. I drive mostly during non-peak hours and try to avoid high traffic areas.
-interior look good
- Road and wind noise quite intrusive.
- high RPM during high speed
- 4AT gearbox sometime have jerking
Very high spec almost nothing you could want on the car that isnt present maybe aside from air con seats. Sound system is amazing and coupled with the pilot assit system makes being stuck in traffic jams almost enjoyable. My car has got the polestar upgrade so it is even more powerful than standard, its pick up pins you in your seat and the acce[...]
Handling isnt the best considering how much power the car has got and the regenerative brakes makes braking this 2.2 tonne car quite scarry sometimes. You need to get used to weight your throwing around and the rear suspension isnt the most pliant, something like a X4 or X3 will be more comfortable for back seat passangers.
Excellent handling, good levels of safety both active and passive. Despite it being the most affordable entry into new Volvo ownership due to all the parts sharing across the range you dont feel like your are getting an inferior product. The handling of the car is excellent with good amounts of mechanical grip coupled with the excellent PZero ty[...]
Its a T5 so fuel consumption i find to be quite bad and coupled with the small fuel tank slighly above 50 litres, you have to fill it up quite often. its rear seats arents the most comfortable with a short rear seat base and uprights position that cannot be adjusted at all. The boot is decently sized but i find that because of the raised false f[...]
Owned from new over the last 8 years. very reliable nothing went wrong other than interior trim parts that started rattling and needed to be readjusted but mechanically very good. Gearbox and engine pairing is smooth enought with good gerobox mapping that offers good fuel consumption. Very practical with a lot of space.
Poor build quality relative to competitors, interior trim panels have started rattling everywhere, a lot of creeking over uneven roads and speed bumps.
I just clocked 16,000km after owning it for about 8.5 months. I like the looks of the car, both interior and exterior. The LED headlamp is very bright during nighttime. The car is wide for a B-segment car and seating 3 adults at the rear isn't too cramped.
The car rides comfortably and has overall good sound insulation (except for the front[...]
The ATLAS OS UI is absolute crap with no significant functions and is extremely laggy. Besides, the Bluetooth doesn't connect to my phone automatically, and really annoys me to pair it manually every single time. The reverse cameras are laggy as well.
The speakers are bad and not loud enough, cars at this price point all have better speakers [...]
Space - easy to carry 7 people, large space for those IKEA trips
Comfort - ride comfort and NVH is very good, surprising considering it's a ladder frame car
A/C - quickly cools the cabin on a hot day
Driving position - commanding view of the road ahead
Ride height - never had to worry going thru flash floods or rougher roads
Captain chairs [...]
Power - needs more power / torque
Fuel efficiency - needs impovement, I'm getting 9-10km/l in mixed driving
Safety - lacks any advanced safety like ADAS
No power boot
Space - abundance of 2nd row leg room, fold flat rear seats makes it easy to load items to the recycling centre
Rear A/C Blower - keeps my kids cool
Wireless Apple CarPlay - quick to connect, seamless, responsive
Fuel efficiency - I'm getting about 14-15km/l for mixed driving
Headlamps - super bright, ADB works a treat, even comes with corne[...]
Toyota Tint - not really great quality tint used, still can feel the heat, especially through the front windscreen.
Wireless charger - not a useful invention, especially for cars, makes the phone hot, and doesn't really charge at all
Poor throttle calibration - priorities fuel efficiency, the engine RPM will drop after initial acceleration fr[...]
Superb fuel efficiency, easily getting 22-23km/l (mixed city and highway driving)
Spacious, hatchback opening allows easy loading of luggage, storage space aplenty
Great owners community - able to help sort out any issues owners have
Low maintenance - no v-belts, alternators to worry about, brake pads that can last more than 150k km
Low ride height - need to really slow down (<10mk/h) for speed bumps
New 5th generation model not on sale here :(
The Fuel Consumption is awesome, because I'm driving the City RS. The ADAS also assist me during the drive in highway, so I can relax my leg hahaha
This car is unique as there is not much of City RS on the road.
The aircond blower has issue, I have claimed for 2 times. The issue still unable to solve.
The aircond will have annoying sound when start the aircond.
My first purchased the BMW iX40 as their first electric vehicle (EV) in 2023, drawn by BMW's reputation for producing quality EVs since the launch of the i3 in 2013.
Initially, the design of the iX seemed odd to the reviewer, but it grew on them over time.
The iX has a distinct BMW look, with the iconic kidney grille, LED headl[...]
Amplified body motions: As an SUV with a taller ride height, the iX experiences amplified lateral motions when driving over uneven roads, leading to some rocking or movement in the cabin. While the damping is well-tuned and the body control is solid, it may not match the level of stability found in lower-riding sedans or vehicles like the Merced[...]
Well, I brought this car because the following positive points:-
1. Cheapest sedan car (less than 70k) during year 2015 with amble leg room as compared and large boot size as compared with its competitors same class Vios and City.
2. Longest sedan B segment (1.5cc) during year 2015.
3. Can add-on half leather seats as part of accessories.
Below are the negative points that prevent me to purchase new Almera Turbo:-
1. Claimed one new rear absorber after oil leaking.
2. Claimed one rear wheel bearing.
3. Claimed news engine mounting set.
4. Claimed radiator motor fan and replaced another 3 units radiator motor fan under 150,000 km mileage.
5. Replacement cooling coil right a[...]
Fast Acceleration of 0 to 100km/h. One of the fastest among Lexus SUV line up.
Modern Styling and Curves
Very reliable, barely any maintenance
Easy to maintain as Lexus/ Toyota service centres are all around in Malaysia
-Value for money. At least it was during my research to buy a car back then.
-The front look. Oh I just love the front. Simple and pleasantly sculptured in my eyes.
-The cabin is spacious enough both front and rear legroom.
-Air conditioner performance is great. Fast cooling time and 25c of temperature certainly good enough for you to feel c[...]
-Front sensor goes haywire as it produces annoying sound and alert on display whenever there is a car in front of you particularly in congestion or simply while waiting for traffic light. What makes it weirder, it only happen if the car in front of you either Civic 10th gen or current CR-V.
Went to SC and the counter measure is you have to turn[...]
Fuel efficiency up to 20km per liter if we maintain 80-90kmh
My Advance model got VSC TRC ABS and BA
My Advance model got reverse camera and Artificial Leather seats
Powerful 1.3 dual VVTI engine with electric power steering
Light curb weight
509 litres rear boot space
Soft touch turning signal lever will blink 4 times
USB-A charging por[...]
It is not a good choice if you are fast driver even the car can reach 189kmh.
It is car for people like myself that love fuel efficiency and love to drive safely 110kmh on highway.
The NVH level is not as good as the more expensive car but you can opt for extra NVH insulation at Perodua Service Center
I thankful for choosing this car. Alhamdu[...]
- The design looks good form the exterior, and the dashboard looks good as well.
- The control buttons are within reach for a female driver (above average height), and the steering wheel is designed to be slightly lower than normal cars. This provides greater view on the road than my previous car.
- Door lock button is intuitive and as a femal[...]
- There's a noticeable accelleration delay after you depress the accelleration pedal. This was a pretty big issue for me before I got used to the car. Took me about 1-2 weeks to gauge the timing to accelerate while merging into lanes.
- After 5 months, the red engine oil light came off. Checked the engine oil and it was still at the right level[...]
- Impossibly spacious for a small B-segment hatchback only comparable to Honda Jazz. Not sure if anything else comes close.
- Extremely fuel efficient. 15kml in the city, 18.5kml (personal record) combined.
- Cheap and powerful for a daily commuter.
- Super easy to drive. No gypsy magics.
- Sufficiently comfortable despite reviews saying the[...]
- The suspension makes the car feel very cheap whenever it hits potholes.
- Tire noise. Get a different rubber when you can.
- You'll get the "Myvi King!" a lot.
- Eco mode feels lazy when the driver behind you are the kind that honks 0.2 seconds after the light turns green.
- Rubber-band effect at low speed. It's still a CVT.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: