Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
The Viva is surprisingly very spacious despite being such a small car.
Fuel Efficiency is excellent.
Seats are comfortable.
It is very affordable and easy to maintain.
Overall, it is a reliable little car that is cheap and cheerful.
Perfect choice for those in need of a second car.
- Cheap and affordable
- Spacious cabin,like sedan
- Quiet engine sound
- Smooth and easy handling and manouvering
- Nice looking exterior design
- Spacious cargo boot,even bigger than Myvi
- Electronic side mirror folding,like on the RM50k+ cars
- LED taillights can be seen clearly from far
- 2016 G Spec now comes with ABS and EBD (Prev[...]
- Steering wheel height cannot be adjusted
- Window glasses become foggy especially after rain or before dawn when air-cond is on
- No auto central locking
- Fuel consumption it not as stated (21km/litres) Average fuel consumption I have acheived onli 12-15km/litres
- Front grille's plastic look cheap
- Not comfortable for long journeys
1) Comfortable seat
2) Noise level good
3) Go through bump softly good
4) Real 7 seaters
5) 7 usb port
6) Separate front and back aircond
7) Fuel efficient - so far full city about 8-10km/l
8) Sliding door, especially open with kungfu kick
9) Double rear bonnet.. Really handy.
Overall can see nissan really put some thou[...]
1) Expensive parts (rear windscreen = rm7k)
2) Too fast over a bump, have a " kuk" sound
3) HU low quality (Recent solved restart/future time)
4) Slightly shaky when moving fast to slow then fast
5) Service center not tech enough
cheap maintenance to maintain, fuel consumption very very economic like hybrid car, easy parking, large seat size and comfy..i owned this car since 2008 and till now had done mileage 300000km with no gearbox issue, no engine issue at all...very best you just keep maintain your schedule of maintenance then, car can last more than 10 years...i lov[...]
draftshaft problematic when you oftenly turning full wheels, mounting absorber need to improve, as now i'm converting using Alza absorber mounting which are more tahan brader
-Very fuel efficiency 12km/l and powerful engine at most circumstances even with 4WD
-CVT is very smooth and less winding noise
-Very spacious rear passenger seat
-During heavy rain, the rain drop fell the roof is very loud and noisy which is worse then my vios 2015 J spec
-Quality issue which I encounter is plastic roof molding going to fall off and gear lever button broken and fall off.
- Very powerful 1.5L engine
- Smoth CVT gear box
- Sport mode with paddle shift
- Auto Cruise
- Fast acceleration
- 16 Inch rims
- Good handling
- Sound system is very good (i really like this)
- Fuel save (1 tank can go 580-600km)
- New design
- Engine very silent when stop car
- Nice steering design
- Rear wiper
Nothing to comment
I feel very fun with my car... for me this is the best 1.5L car
- Powertrain (Powerful engine and smooth DSG)
- Sports mode (Transform the car into a beast)
- Fuel Consumption
- Superb handling, very less body roll.
- Interior build quality
- It jerks during slow traffic (I switch to manual mode all the time).
- Stiff suspension, can't handle potholes and uneven road well.
- Not well equipped although it is the top variant.
- High maintenance cost (Free 3 years service)
Got lucky to purchase a used Premium variant with low mileage.
Good things about this car :
1- Stable handling. Can take corners confidently even at 100km/h. But, going downhill, still a bit scared (maybe because I am not an expert driver.)
2- Confidently overtaking cars and big vehicles.
3 - Fuel consumption is ok. But still cannot beat Per[...]
The buts :
1- Jerky at taxiing speed (20-30km/h).
2- Sometimes, lack the agility required to move around heavy traffics. (MyVi is better in this aspect.)
3- I don't know why, but it seems there are inconsistencies around the edge of the exterior body. There are difference in gap between the metal alley on both sides of my tail lamps.
4 - Th[...]
1. Very fun to drive. I enjoy driving this car on the daily
2. Fuel Efficiency is great, about 14-15km/l on my daily drive and about 11km~/l during heavy traffic.
3. Rear legroom is pretty good.
4. Sporty exterior, aggressive to look at.
5. Engine is powerful, can easily speed up to 120km/h with no problem
6. NVH is pretty standard for a ca[...]
1. BRAKES. This is probably my biggest issue when it comes to this car, the brakes are, personally, horrible. Kickbacks during traffic, horrible during emergency braking, the brake tends to feel on the heavier side, the car responds slowly to the brake.
2. WELCOMING NOISE. Damn every time I unlock or lock the car, the welcoming noise so loud si[...]
- fuel consumption for this car is crazy (drove around the city & some highway can easily give me >500km per tank)
- foldable rear seat
- engine performance of this car is great, pickup is good due lightweight & can easily reach 180km/hr
- had better accessories compare with Pre FL version (DRL, keyless, sport rim, bluetooth audio etc)
- The build quality of this car is just another myvi level (I'm lucky to have a batch without OBVIOUS bumper gap (but still have some) & rear absorber problem) but suffer some seat rattling noise in driver & passenger seat (got it to fix when on 10k service)
- got the S spec so only 2 airbags
- don't expect handling much from this car as it[...]
Good fuel consumption, (Own toyota vios ncp93 2009 before)
Minimal engine sound even in high rev
Performance well done for me, not so underpower as claimed by others
Spacious boot space (better than some B-segment car even tho its a A-segment car)
Come with security tinted
Well looking for exterior
Low wind noise
Low maintenance cost due[...]
Noise from tyre when going thru course road due to no sound proof material under wheel arc
Stiff suspension, felt bumpy when going thru speed bump
No electronic folding mirror, need to close myself after parking
No VSC and 2 airbags for G and X variant
No armrest (cant rest my arm when cruising long distance)
Handling is great. And I'm lucky enough to get a new batch of X3 which comes with led fog light. Outlook is so much better compare to the launch model (april,2018). Great family and everyday car. Stunning design. The power of this car really pack a punch. Is a beast!
No 360 camera equip on the car, no lane keep assist, no pre-collision warnings, no blind spot warning. A car with this price tag should equip with more than these safety features.
- Powerful engine.
- Ride and handling very comfort , except you are taking corner at 180kmh, need to release the pedal. Te spring is soft.
- Aircond is well use.
- CVT gearbox is under power, from static to move the car is very hard (fuel consume high + slow) but when achieve the required speed ok already.
- very heavy body weight, required very perform gear box, better the conventional gbox than CVT.
- Turbo got a lot of issue, need to keep the maintenance.
- Compact Size (Able to park easily and fit in tight spaces)
- Relatively Affordable
- Decent Acceleration (Sufficient for city driving and grocery getting)
- Adequate Space (Enough space for 4-5 people to fit comfortably)
- Unpredicatable & Poor Handling (Too much body roll, hard to counter-steer.)
- Relatively High Fuel Consumption (12KM/L city driving)
- No Traction Control
- Poor NVH (Cabin vibrations and wind noise is very very apparent)
- Poor Braking System (Especially in emergency situations, more apparent when braking at highway speeds. Pedal feel is [...]
- The car's performance tops any cars in its class. Don't be fooled by the figures in the datasheet, the car has more to offer under the hood in comparison to its contenders.
- The fuel consumption is really good. You can get around 5.7L/ 100km on highway and if you are easy on the gas, but on daily driving the consumption is around 7.0L/100km.[...]
- Manufacturing quality is not up to the standard for continental cars. Since day 1, I have found issues with the car:
1. The door vacuum seals were installed wrongly. The seals will be protruding out from the car when you close the door.
2. The dashboard was not tightly installed, making rattling sounds when driving.
3. The seat belt was ins[...]
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: