Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
-Sporty looks : bodykit, clear lens rear brake
-Quite good fc : 6.5L highway/7.6L city
-Smooth handling : steering shape give more grip
-Modern and nice looks interior
-Very comfortable front seats
-Projector headlamps give more brightness
-Bad safety : just two airbags
-The transmission give more lag when shifting the gear
-Not comfortable for the 2nd, 3rd row seat : too straight body shape
-Wind noise in 100km/h
-The brakes work too bad
-Bad and quite expensive services
-Got tinted windows like dont get it
-Add more airbags
-Nice Daytime running lights
-Changes to better brakes
-Install single turbo for a better pickup while maintain the fc
-Improve the aerodynamics shape
-Change the better and latest engine like the axia and bezza
-Add 2 more twitter
-Improve the 2nd, 3rd shape of the seat
-Improve the service
-Change to CVT transmission
-Install the cruise mode
-Changes to Keyless system
-Better tinted windows
Light, spacious, long wheelbase, foot parking brake, front bench seat, adjustable rear seat slope, middle dashboard meter, projector headlamp, Bluetooth connection, reasonable fuel consumption, easy to park.
Poor NVH, can hardly have conversation during heavy rain, wind noise even at 90km/h, steering lack of feel although is hydraulic assisted, shock absorber is not durable and ride is bouncy after 30,000km, loud thud when air cond compressor kick in, no rear a/c vent, 2nd row seat is splitted at 50/50 instead of 1/3 and 2/3, 3rd row seat is entirely one piece bench, car stereo sound not solid enough.
Better NVH, include traction control, more flexible seat configuration, 3 point seat belt for all passengers, higher cup holder for driver.
Very good design of front seat which allow easy access from left to right or vice versa.
Wide size of front center armrest
Good sound when close the door, feel solid.
Too low or too far overhang, the front bumper skirt. Easily touch ground or ramp when go mall parking, and enter house with front ramp. Mine is 2014 facelift, lesser than 1 week from new car, already deep scratch the front skirt especially both side lips area. Can't imaging perodua designers made a car that not suit to Malaysia condition, yet so called local car maker. Even my friend cars, parents cars also never experienced such heart broken case.
Plastic Center armrest without fabric wrapping.
Many water stain around the car when received. Cannot removed by normal car wash. Polish is only way. Poor perodua arrangement due to obviously parked too long in their open stock yard, but no such awareness to avoid appearance problems inccur to customers.
Flat 3rd row seat.
High fuel comsumption for short trip usage, 13L/100km was recorded.
Poor acceleration and poor engine power response, can't feel is 1.5cc. Even Vios also far responsive than alza.
Front area only have bottle holders at door side, no cup holder at all. Want to put hot Starbucks drink is impossible.
Perodua tinted film is too light color, feeling like no tinted at all.
Very improper placement the headrests of 3rd row seats while less using the seats. The design for such temporary storage of the headrests at both rear compartment at side plastic parts, always heard annoying sound while cornering and uneven road. It actually no way to hold firmly and headrests always hit around the plastic part.
Need to press harder the brake pedal, all apply brake more early. Feel like poor braking. Even kelisa also better. Honda jazz that my brother using is very good and confident while braking.
Clearance with ground issue, overhang issue of front skirt or bumper. Malaysia car maker should produce best car for Malaysia condition.
Improve fuel comsumption, at least same as Toyota Vios or honda city because same 1.5cc, nearly same length of car.
Come on, give proper cup holder.
More padding for last row seats and proper storage of headrests.
Should polish before hand over to customer if the car is store way too long at outdoor yard.
More engine response or acceleration, at least same as Vios or city.
Front center armrest with fabric wrapped.
- Seriously big interior space for a B-segment car.
- High seating position and good front view.
- Wide legroom for both first row and second row.
- Second row seat can be adjusted.
- Engine sounds smooth.
- Good FC for a MPV (8.0L/100km).
- Fast pickup from idle.
- Not very responsive when sudden acceleration needed.
- Suspension seems loose compared to Myvi.
- Underpowered when goes after 80km/h.
- Aerodynamic is very bad, wind noise kick in after 120km/h.
- Gearbox issue, when stop the car at slope and put to P position before put handbrake, next time will be hard to put the gear to other position, and jerk happens.
- Doors too light, horrible sound when close the door too hard.
- Better gearbox to fix jerking issue.
- Bigger engine, 1.6 or 1.8 will be the good choices.
- Better suspension system.
- Better aerodynamic design.
- Heavier doors.
- Front parking sensors.
- Sunroof for highest spec variant.
,the multimedia system is very good and has a lot of functions
.it is very spacious
.it is the most affordable three row mpv in town.
it is very good,and has very good fuel efficiency
.reasonable price.comfortable car
sound proofing not good at 110 kmh
water bottle holder too small
when i just got my alza i went to the shopping mall and just parked my car suddenly somebody accidentally use his car scratch my alza adv .
better multimedia system
,and maybe front corner sensors
front parking cameras
.And some place to put tissue
,bigger bottle holders
. multimedia system can browse the internet
Daytime Running Lights
.But it is already an affordable car
new gear system
more air conditioners
touch screen air conditioner system
sound proofing system can be better
driver and front passenger vanity mirror
,the multimedia system is very good and has a lot of functions
.it is very spacious
.it is the most affordable three row mpv in town.
it is very good,and has very good fuel efficiency
.reasonable price.comfortable car .
the bottle holders are very small
better multimedia system,and maybe front corner sensors and front parking cameras will do better.And some place to put tissue ,bigger bottle holders .and maybe the multimedia system can browse the internet or HDMI connection can be better and some Daytime Running Lights.But it is already an affordable car
Was ok to use while there are no problems.
Nice to drive.
Fuel wise reasonable..
Good to use iridium plug (got better mileage)
Mileage was 12-13Km/liter.
Other than the usual noise complain, had gear cable issue for AT. car jerked with noise and struggled to shift from 1->2->3. When to complain, happen to see a memo on staff screen, looks like known issue (AT lights will be on, happen to read few words issue occurs when AT cable heated up). Not sure if this will lead to gearbox issue eventually. Brought to service centre (tuesday), cable took 3 days to ship but they won't fix saturday(only service - no repairs). Sent in following monday, got call about 6 hrs later, that they shipped wrong cable.
Service need to improve.
If known issue need to track the model and make attempts to fix issues.
- Reasonable price for a small MPV
- Nice body kits.
- Spacious enough for 5 adults and 2 kids.
- Soundproofing is good enough to cut down the noise of motorbikes around.
- Good air conditional, fast cooling down in a short period of time.
- Good seating environment especially for tall people
- Doesn't seems to playable for same type of movie files
- No door visor. (sometimes it's too cold and wanna wind down a little bit in the raining day beside having the air conditioner blows.
- Got to make a far distance brake for maintaining the stability with and without high speed.
- Not recommended for Silverstones tire. It's too hard, too bumpy. And it's easily to be bloated or else burst!
- RPM looks getting a little higher. (It can be smoother. Gear ratio problem?)
- Suspension too stiff.
- Suspension can be a little bit softer because it's not a 4x4 carrying heavy weight.
- Sound system can be improved. Maybe 2 more twitter will be better.
- I dont know is it brake or gear, i guess the braking system can be improve. For my experience, the car without ABS that i drove are better than Alza.
- Driving while playing movie in the car, front screen should stay functioning mode without movie played but please not a blank screen written "No movie when driving".
- Daylight lamp can be apply. It seems to be other competitor are getting more advanced than alza advanced.
~Value of money
~Wide opening doors - useful when carrying big items in and out
~Less power especially uphill.
~It is unstable when accelerate until 120km+
~3rd row seat are only suitable for kids, not for adults likely.
~NVH - too much noise intrusion. Noise are generated from tyre and engine
~The build quality may need lots of improvement.
~No electric power steering compared to Its smaller brother- Myvi.
~ Limited space for bags and luggage.
~Fuel consumption is slightly higher compared to 2.0 a luxury car that can travel more than 400km with full tank of fuel.
~Extreme brake dusts on front wheels, enough to darken rims in just 1 weeks!!!
~Better sound proofing
~Enhance the safety features such ESP, etc.
~Go for 1.8cc instead of 1.5.
~Better after sales services, and suggest to lower the price of car servicing.
~Change the Silverstone tyre to Continental MAX contact or even Michellin Energy.
*Thumbs up for affordable MPV
*Thumbs up for Ride Comfort
*Thumbs up for reasonably price but come with great accessories & equipment
*Thumbs up for Fuel efficiency
*Thumbs up for reasonably power.
*Thumbs up for leg room.
*Should put in more design effort in Interior Detailing.
*Rear suspension / shock absorb are a little more on the soft side.
*Battery stamina not as good, Meter Lights / Lighting dimmed when alternator / a/c compressor kick-in.
*Easily scratched interior door side arm-rest. (e.g driver who are wearing arm accessories should be more aware of this issue.)
*No 3rd row passenger A/C vent, front dash a/c vent will be on a noisy side when on full blast to cool down 7 passenger.
*Slow / Lagging User Interface on screen (e.g during GPS recalculating may randomly fade off music play even the GPS remain silent / switching music folder may lag music play some times.)
*GPS voice selection too little.
*Front Center arm-rest compartment cover should not be in plastic / PVC finish.
If is an Advance Model (Full Spec);
*Interior Design Detailing (e.g LED Ring Light on Dash-Ignition port / Chromed Air Vent)
*Tougher / Long lasting finishing instead of powder coat / spray paint finishing on door-side arm rest to reduce scratches.
*Improvement on Screen User Interface (e.g speed & responsiveness)
*Should provide a firmer but comfort shock absorber to the Rear of the car.
*Front Center arm-rest compartment cover should be in PU Leather Finish.
-I changed tyre Bridgestone EP200 195/55/R15 on the first day, was getting average 10.3L/100km, after reviewed others ppl feedback, this tyre really helped on fuel consumption.
-It is quite inside the carbin even i drive 120km/h, wind sound start when reach 140km/h, but this is family car and there is no legal highway can let you speed over 110km/h in malaysia, so it is quite a comfortable ride. -second seat row can adjust make it legroom really spacious compare to others B/C segment car, third row mainly for putting baby stroller and stuffs, easily can load and unload. I had tested Alza and Avanza before buying, third row of seats ALza actually is much comfortable and i can fit inside with my comfort legroom (My heigth 172cm) but Avanza my leg totally cant get inside.
-Good multimedia player, bluetooth can easily link to handphone / ipad for music and phone call which is very convenience without using handsfree. GPS Navigation very accurate and user friendly. Sound quality actually is very nice,you gotta try bluetooth link to ipad using spotify (I am premium user), the sound quality is impressive (Nice bass and vocal). Rear view camera very clear even at night vision, same quality with my other car HD rearview camera. Rear roof monitor is a bonus for kids enjoy their favourite movies, the quality of the monitor also awesome (can show HD movie very details) [Some feedback mentioned not support most format, if you get used to any others branded players(not china/taiwan model) it is actually quite standard to convert your file to avi format.
-You wont feel underpower as it can accelerate to 100km/h easily.
-This model definitely look much better than its previous versions, especially headlight and rear light getting more clean and sporty look.
RM64k to get such spacious and full features MPV, nice looking and good fuel consumption with lower maintenance and better quality built, its already exceeded its value and expectation.
- mulitplayer screen in front cant view when in driving , it only shows dont watch while drivinig,but if open GPS navigation it can be display, this is some kind of weird theory and not fair to people sit in front seat (I mean front not only driver, there is another seat who also want to watch movie during the journey.
-if some uneven surface road, you really can feel the bumpy hard for sudden.
-If speed too fast, some cornering can feel its unstable for the rear side.
-should not set the multiplayer in front cant watch during driving, it is no point to keep it blank for video but ok for GPS, front seat also got other ppl to sit and watch it.
- they need to do better adjustment on the rear absorber to make it more stable during cornering.
-Young Exterior with spacious interior. Just take it as 5+2 MPV will do.
-Tinted Film and dual air blower cool down the car in short time.
-Smooth acceleration, feels comfortable for a long trip.
-Wide opening door and its just good average car height. Easy to get in and out the car and the better driving view.
-Comes with 3 Years warranty and the service centre can easily found everywhere.
-Average fuel consumption. (Highway: 7.7km/L ; Half City Drive: 7.9km/L)
Tyre: Better change it for the better quality as the current quite noisy once driving fast and the grip isnt gpod on wet road.
The noisiness come in to cabin (engine and tyre sound) when u driving up to 100km/h
The audio system isn't good.
The 3rd row seat only suitable for short distance trip
Take in more safety feature as standard equip such as ABS, Tyre etc. agreed with previous review that auto folding side mirror should take in as well. Anyway, this car is worth the value to buy.
1. Highway driving is very comforting especially on the 2nd row
2. New bodykit design
3. improve on it's soundproffing, noise & vibration
4. Improving 3rd row seat folding
5. the ISOFIX really help
6. solar & security tinted film really helps
7. Even though back seat do not have additional blower for aircond, the design makes the 2nd & 3rd row passanger feels the cold air less than 2-3 minutes
1. City driving use more fuel especially stuck on traffic jam
2. the multimedia player only can play certain format of movie (using USB).
3. the car is little bit unstable when take a corner / roundabout
4. 3rd row seat are not really suitable for adult.
1. change the tyre model. Don't use Silverstone tyre.
2. not happy with the service center. They install the accessories (hood acoustic insulation) without my knowledge
3. the roof mounted monitor easily open by itself when i parked at hot & sunny parking area.
4. 60k for free service and 100k for warranty (both 3 years). Need to standardize it
1. Elegance and trendy exterior and interior design if compare to competitors, at least it looks more "Young"
2. Powerful air-conditional and could cold down the whole cabin fast
3. Spacious interior especially 2nd row (only if 3rd row is not utilize and 2nd row is fully extend)
4. Acceptable fuel consumption (around 9.0 L/100km for 90% city drive / 7.0 L/100km for 90% highway drive)
1. Dashboard come with noise near air-conditional vent, suspect internal component loose
2. Unresolved wind noise issue
3. Common issue on brake noise ( front ), change brake pad didn't resolve the problem
4. Leakage of battery water on original non maintenance free battery
1. P2 should provide better stock tyre as the original tyre with "S" local brand will bring the driving experience down especially on cornering and raining wet road condition.
2. Sound system have area of improvement (Maybe 4 speaker + 2 tweeter)
3. Gearbox slow to respond (Example : Sudden acceleration)
4. Better sound proofing
Space - plenty of interior space. Versatile seat arrangement can accommodate all my luggage ferrying needs.
Fuel economy - frugal for a car this size.
Suspension comfort - ride is compliant and comfortable. Long wheel base helps calming the body movement.
12 cup holders - that is a record.
Air condition - powerful and cools very quickly. Blower is strong enough to reach all the way to third row of seats.
Wide opening doors - useful when carrying bulky stuff in and out of the car.
Headlights - good brightness and coverage.
NVH - too much noise intrusion. Noise are generated from tyres and engine. Maybe a tyres change will help. Engine noise extremely apparent in cabin 2800 rpm and above. Trims are making a fair bit of noise too.
Tyre - factory fitted silverstones are not good enough. Apart from noise, there is very little grip offered especially when it is wet. Bad for safety.
Standard head unit - sound quality and interface is bad. Tried to use music to drown out the noise but it just made it worst.
Gear ratio - standard manual gearbox ratio too high. It does almost 4000 rpm doing legal highway speed. Not helping NVH either.
Air conditioning - compressor load is too high as engine loses too much power when compressor cuts in. Necessary for cool aircond but compressor is probably tad bit oversized. Aircond compressor cuts in and out very frequent. Didn't help especially when the cut in is so noticeable.
Seat and steering adjustability - seat not height adjustable. Steering not reach adjustable.
ISOFIX - no provision.
ABS - optional. Should make it standard.
Provide ABS as standard.
Lower gear ratio.
Better standard head unit.
Auto folding side mirrors.
- Spacious for cargo and 2nd -row seats.
- Value for money (only if just driving around town without much fuss.
- Very bad NVH, insufficient noise-insulation
- Lousy stock SS Synergy M5 tyres, recommend changing tyres upon this car, else everyday is a risk to owners and other road users.
- Confusing gear ratio, prone to breakdown. During ownership, replaced gearbox once under warranty, 2 years later gearbox showing signs of failure again.
- Rattling noises everywhere that even Perodua can't trace the problem. Most prone on B-pillars.
- Extreme brake dusts on front wheels, enough to darken rims in just 2 weeks.
I think Perodua should listen to customers complaints and suggestions. When I have my Alza for a few months, I have a long list of complains. My Alza has also been in and out of service centres for a combined period of 2.5 months. Just too many low quality materials and parts being used to assemble the car. Perhaps that's the only way to keep the price at 60k and above. Now that facelifted models are introduced with prices trimmed even further, who knows what else is being omitted or downgraded - though one thing obviously omitted are the door visors. Perodua, please improve upon quality control of the Alzas.
As for performance, for power to weight ratio, I would suggest a high-end version of the Alza paired to a 1.8-litre engine. Below that, the Alza feels sluggish and not very fuel saving. For safety concerns, it would help if Perodua could also include Electronic Stability Control, and rear solid disc brakes considering the enormous size of the car powered by a small engine.
1. It has a well built body and chassis, so whenever i close the door it feels very solid. This goes as well to the body panels as they have a more solid feel to it when pressed.
2. Spacious and wide, the cabin is well spaced out for average height occupants. No complaints from a family guy here carrying all my children stuff around. (big boot if you fold down the 3rd row seats, 50:50, so you can fold what space you need only)
3. Great amounts of cubbies or cupholders and storage bins.
4. Good illumination from the newly design meter display.
5. Comfortable seating for the driver as there is a very nice hand rest.
6. I personally like the new color(red) and the new bodykit that the SE model comes with, the main reason why i bought it at such a good price.(cheaper if you compare the old model price and current)
7. Fair fuel comsumption
1. If you get the Sliverstone Mk5 tires, they aren't very good. Not much traction especially in rainy wheather
2. Suspension on the rear end can be a little soft for some. (adding spring buffers may help)
3. Standard tint feels not good enough, however no complains
4. Wind noise from driving fast may be prominent at some times.
1. Provide better tires, as safety in a car is very important
2. Better sound proofing, wind and tire noise quite prominent
3. A more quality control on fitment of cabin and dashboard
4. A slightly stiffer suspension set as it is a mini MPV, nonetheless it is still meant for carrying people therefore loads may be heavier for the rear.
- Good fuel consumption
- Very useful 3rd row seat for short trip of 7 adults
- Agree with the expert review about the Cons of this car, especially about the brake!
- Poor sound insulation
- Service Centre experience, please give CONSISTENT information wit the user manual. I think they really push customer to purchase additional staff than what is required. (Maybe they try to make profits with other sales since the basic service is free for the first 60000km.)
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: