Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
- Compact size
- Spaciousness for rear passengers
- Decent leg room for rear passengers and small families,
- Bigger boot space vs the previous generations
- Sportier appearance
- LED headlamps [very bright]
- ASA safety features for a car in this price range is virtually unheard of
- Smart Tag reader is a god-send!
- Decent fuel effi[...]
- Could do with a mirror for driver's sun visor
- More adjustability for driver's seat would be welcome - I'm struggling to find ample support for my thighs during drives and I'm not a particularly tall person
- Built-in GPS could be improved
- Smart Link doesn't work for phones running anything higher than Android 8.0 [makes me tempted to bu[...]
- Luxury Interior which come with a lot of leather wrap finishing and soft touch plastic
- Responsive gear box at normal mode or power mode
- Bright and wide headlight
- Resonable fuel efficiency if driving at cruising speed
- Good legroom and 3rd row is comfortable for adult
- Nice bird view camera
- Can heard the engine noise at gear 1 and gear 2
- Low resolution camera especially during night time
- No inner mud guard
- Slightly under power at eco mode
- Slow response paddle shift
- Handling wise, above expectation as it just a small car so i dont expect much but it did suprised me!
- Performance wise, above expectation as i don't expect much from 82hp car. 0-60kmh is not quick (maybe tuned to save fuel) but after 60kmh, easy to climb to 170kmh compare to my wife myvi 1.5H. opss sorry but truth hurts. it tops at 185kmh ([...]
- Well, expected small space. it is not spacious as myvi and slightly tighter than axia. but i always drive alone so i dont mind. obviously not practical for those who always bring people.
- Factory tyre is not so quiet. some get kumho but i got nexen hd blue plus. good grip but not so quiet. change to conti cc6 or michelin xm2 to reduce tyre n[...]
Bought Suprima S premium on 2017 , as usual before buying Suprima I have the mentality that proton will never last long but before choose Suprima I went to all other brands and tested the car which was nearly same price with Suprima and last went to Proton and tested Suprima , Of course the price was a big deal for me a C segment car for 77k wit[...]
the door plastic is extremely cheap quality, I will say only that
Proton should have consider to recall the car for a change of that so that customers would have feel happy.
Please focus more on the QC , I believe if Proton gives a high quality plastic for Suprima , I can say Suprima S is the best in everything.
Fuel efficiency is around 11km/l in full city drive with high volume traffic. Highway drive the best I got was 17.5km/l when you drive around 110km/hr.
Max speed is as good as Civic.
Very powerful engine, very good acceleration.
Very reliable engine, Used it for close to 2 years. Just service the car periodically and use.
Suspension is very hard. To much movement when travelling fast on the highway. Gives body ache sometimes.
Head unit has been downgraded from the previous generation.
When using the handsfree, the person on the other end can't hear me clearly and always complain got interference.
The seat is short and extension to the back is short.I had probl[...]
- Very good handling with this 17" standard sport rims.
- Consider good fuel efficiency of 11km/l for this size D segment car (city & highway drive)
- Consider quite good power / torque as the power is more than enough to pull for this heavy car 2000kg
- Good rear legroom and large boot size with comfortable leather seat
- Very comfortable [...]
- Spare parts a bit hard to source and sometimes need to back to back order
- Bluetooth can't connect to newer mobile phones and missing of woofer which oversea i40 model have it
- 6 speed gear not that swift and punchy when change gears
- Local Hyundai i40 should include the cooling / heating seat locally
1. Attractive and modern design.
2. Quiet cabin. it is also quiet while driving on the highway.
3. Minimum road noise. It use Bridgestone Alenza, maybe if use Continental more comfort & quiet. BR-V is more noisy compare to Aruz.
4. Quite save on fuel as well as if we look its high body, body weight & RWD.
5. Proven Dual VVTI engine. Effici[...]
1. Sometime ull feel the Engine underpower. It will feel underpowered at mid or certain RPM from 2000 to 3000 RPM. but after 3000 RPM the engine quite alive. Acceleration 0 to 100 took about 15secs. But for me as a family man and the age of racing spirit was faded in me i think it is acceptable for me. But if u change gear to 3 then the Eco indi[...]
- For this size, it's a solid & tough built.
- Good FC for a 1.6.
- Moderately comfy seats.
- Nice sporty steering. Turning circle/radius is quite small.
- Good handling (takes corners very well for this size) & acceleration (the speed picks up whenever you rev it).
- Elegant and nice leg and front cockpit dim lights.
- Cruise control. I [...]
- Tight rear legroom (3 adults would be squeezed like sandwich at the back but better than Fiesta)
- No auto fold side mirrors.
- No ESC.
- No engine sound insulation. The engine's roar is visible when high rev.
- No lights on the trunk.
- For this price, airbag is only 2 at the front. No side and rear airbags.
- No panic button.
- No rea[...]
- Sporty design compared to the previous models
- Decent engine, power comes higher up the rev range.
- Good looking leather seats
- Very nimble car to get around town without sacrificing features.
- Very spacious for a B-segment Car
- Sport rims are pretty good looking
- Sexy lines throughout the car
- Extremely Well equipped for the pri[...]
- Insulation could be better, soundproofing shouldn't be sold as an upgrade,
- Steering completely lacking feel
- Suspension jerky over bumps and floaty at high speeds
- Seats are not as comfortable as it looks. Feels like seating "on" than "in"
- Seats don't get low enough, feels like sitting in a MPV
- The rear undercarriage is poorly ins[...]
things I am happy with the Vios 2NR
-new Dual VVTI 2NR is very fuel efficient and a whole lot quieter than the outgoing 1NZ
-fuel consumption is not bad given the daily KL-PJ commute (average speed under 30 km/h on drives heading home)
-tachometer reads 3,100 rpm at 110 km/h, just fyi. engine noise begins to be audible.
-fitment of VSC and [...]
features or items that could really swing your purchase decision on a used Vios 2NR
-no side airbags and curtain airbags, if that is your main priority
-no Hill Start Assist, absolutely will notice (and want) it when you drive along Jalan Maarof everyday.
-no Multi-info Display for 'Range to go', 'current fuel consumption' and 'average fuel[...]
Performance - A very powerful 1.5 NA engine combined with Electric Motor with a 7-speed iDCD transmission.
Handling and Comfort - Better than Honda City GM6 FL 1.5V's
Legroom - A lot more spacious than Mazda 2 including cargo space
3D Iluminated Meter Cluster - Direct and Clear Multi Info Display
- 6.8-inch double-DIN head unit with reverse camera isn’t the best in the class and is less user friendly compared to the old seven-inch GM6 model.
- No curtain airbags
- lack of the City GM6 FL V’s LED headlamps and foglamps
- No USB charging port for rear passenger
- Urethane Steering
- 4 speakers only
-Decent acceleration when I fully step on the gas pedal.
-Soundproofing from OUTSIDE noise is decent too.
-Rusty fuel inlet
-Brake pedal squeaking and stuck feeling. Brake master pump was faulty
-Clunking steering rack.
-Squeaking and clunking suspension, especially during heavy rain
-When driving highway speeds, occasionally sounds like something in the suspension is loose
-Vibration at 60-100 km/h
-Car seat squeaking whenever turning corners[...]
- Pickup is good and strong, does not feel underpowered most of the time.
- Fuel consumption is excellent, I can go up to 580km on one tank on 50% city 50%highway driving.
- Space for rear passengers is surprising, I can sit behind myself with a lot of space and I'm 1.86m tall. Headroom and legroom are excellent.
- Car is very silent at idle.[...]
- Tyre roar is very loud, especially at speed. Could be due to the Goodyear tyres factory fitted.
- Fit and finish. My lock/unlock button in the car is loose and is going to fall off, and the left side LED front light vibrates when the car is stationary.
- Paintwork. I find the paintwork very thin, small rocks can chip off the paint very easil[...]
1. Space - big enough for 4-5 kids. But when they grow older, space might be tight.
2. Handling - superb for MPV of its class
3. Comfortness - excellent in terms of air conditioning, cup holder, arm rest
4. Powerful - 1.6CFE Turbo is powerful to carry 5 adults with 3 kids + luggage
1. Fuel consumption - Very kuat makan minyak.. To get 8.3km/100km means to maintain 100kmj speed. Plus very light pedal during accelaration, can be too harsh
2. CVT gear box - under power (during low speed). Sometimes even can gostan on slope/ramp, even in D!!. Punch CVT defeat the purpose of CVT. Proton need to go for conventional gearbox
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: