Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
* limited to Malaysian citizens and verified owners of the reviewed car. CarBase.my works with ISM Insurance Services to verify car ownership in order to ensure quality reviews.
18 Owner Reviews
Date Reviewed 11 February 2017
Ride & Handling
S AT (2013)
Bought used, Owned for 1 Year
RON95, Mileage: 150 km/month
-good acceleration for an A segment hatch
-steering feels responsive
-tackles corners quite well at 80kph and below
-nice speakers for a cheap car
-front seats offer good shoulder support
-aircon cools down the cabin quickly
-good fuel consumption makes me worry free when I floor the pedal
-suspension is too stiff
-dashboard occasionally rattles when accelerating, which causes noise
-no temperature meter. Can't tell car is having a high fever…one time I forgot to close radiator cap properly and almost all the water spilled out. Lucky that my car didn't overheat
-roof feels thin as it is loud when raining
-rear seats not as comfy as front seats as the rear seats ain't ergonomic
-no safety features at all as mine is actually the 2009 Viva 1.0 EZ. Glad that Perodua has been working on safety since the Axia and Bezza.
-most issues that I've addressed above have been solved on the Perodua Axia. Hope to see something even better with the 2017 axia facelift, and thank you perodua for making even the very poor to be able to afford a vehicle.
- Great fuel economy!
- Good for city driving as it is very compact
- Compact but do not sacrifice interior spaces
- Cheap to own one and also affordable maintenance
- Very durable car as mine is a second hand car but do not experience heavy break down or so
- The dashboard is very shaky when the car is idle due to the 3 cylinder engine.
- Very cheap plastic interior use
- The 1.0 L engine is very sluggish when carry a lot of passenger
- The build in CD player is very poor, will hang if the car shake too much
- Handling of this car is very poor as you will feel the car tyres will leave the ground...
- The chassy of the car is believe to be very soft and doesn't have any rating in ANCAP so safety is a concern
- Improve the quality use in the interior
- Use a better CD player please no one likes their music jammed or hang
- Every problem is improve with the new Perodua Axia
1. Cheap to drive
- Manage to make 22km from a litre. (average speed 80-90km/h with less traffic but a bit mountain roads in Sabah)
- Traveled from Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu city with only 19 litres.
2. Cheap to maintain
- With free 3 years service offered during purchase, every service if like, you know what i mean *wink
- Not much problem even though you're a rough driver. Parts are easily obtainable.
3. Overall good ride for this price tag.
- This price with the things it offers just puts a smile on your face.
4. Good space
- Driving position is good. I'm 178cm and i still got 7-8 inches of headroom.
- Rear legroom is also good for a person with long legs.
- Tyre noise, wind noise... lack of soundproof materials.
- A bit lack of power when having heavy passengers.
- Headlights aiming a bit too high.. People always thought i'm using high beam.
- Rear suspension a bit too soft. 2 person weighing 70kg in the rear will lower the car A LOT.
- Troublesome blind spot on the pillars when driving.
- Boot space is abit too small. (can't ask more from a small hatchback..)
- Better soundproof
- Better rear suspensions
- Higher power output from the engine would be better
1. Long lasting cars - i have drive 5 years+, no major maintenance needed.
2. Fuel save - a full tank with full air condition turn on, can run 500KM!!!
3. Good room space - I can carry a 6 x 2 feet fish tank & all other stuff without any problem compare to a more bigger cars.
4. Engineer is NOT under power at all.
1. Road and wind noise sound quite intrusive
2. No air bag.
1. Already improve - the car price drop aggressively.
2. Come with 2 Din radio.
3. Come with steering with button control kind of audio, radio search, etc.
- Good handling under 100km
- good radio system for a cheap car
- smooth gear even in a traffic jam
- fuel efficient (i'm using my car to go back from KL to Seremban frequently and it proved it)
- comfortable seats and interior (i'm using exclusive edition with leather seats)
- excellent car for students and new driver who just want to own a new car ( i'm a student)
- stylish exterior
- silverstone tyre is not so good (noise)
- better suspension should be installed
- bigger fuel tank should be installed (instead 36, it should be 40)
- luggage space is to small
- interior should be much better (the interior looks to thin)
- luggage space should be bigger
- improve the interior materials
- improve the suspension
Throttle works. The brake works. The clutch works. Aircond works. All the light works. The door works.
Over 3 years, all stated above still works. Only thing broke down is the aftermarket security system I installed.
That glorious moment when the C segment car in front of you gave up a parking space because it can't fit and it's all yours, as well as squeezing through people illegal double parking everywhere.
Will fit four six-foot tall dudes and a cat. And 3 years supply of cat food at the back. Space for a pair of shoes under each front seats too.
24km/L cruising on the highway, 18km/L if doing speed limit + a lot of stuff/people. Cost less than RM300 (so far) to service every year. RM20 roadtax. Cheap insurance.
Felt like a mouse crossing the street. Boring commute become exciting, because it's easy to push the car to the limit, rev to 8k rpm redline for the power, screeching tires to go around corners and still doing civilized speed. Capt. Slow approved.
Perform like a bus going up hill.
Perform like a bus when going around corners
What? What did you say?
- In car entertainment:
Well, the trip meter seems to change numbers every few seconds...
I can has seatbelts!
Butthurt after a long distance. Literally.
- 15km/L FC driving in town for a small car seems ridiculous.
- Should come standard with central locking, and a clock.
- An even lower settings for air conditioning. It's a choice between freezing cold at fan speed 1/lowest settings vs off aircond and fog up all windows in the car during a cold rainy day. The aircond is cooooooooold.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 11 June 2014
Ride & Handling
Elite AT (2007)
Bought new, Owned for 7 Years
Fuel Economy: 20.0 km/litre (5.0 L/100 km), RON95
-Excellent for city drive
-Good fuel efficiency, can get up to 20km/l
-Excellent speaker (just upgraded the HU, and surprisingly, huge different!)
-Spacious rear legroom
-Not value for money in terms of quality, design and space
-poor air condition
-Power window problem
-engine sound very loud
-need to do the alignment every 6 months
-Get new engine which is not very loud
As an owner who loves and cares the car for around 3 years+ with 150,000 mileage, here's my voiceout:
Handling: Handling is medicore. Less then excellent. Thank god this car have a power steering. My advise: spend and invest in implementing a front strut bar. You can really, REALLY feel the difference while handling in steep corners and driving really fast. Very less vibrations and driving are very snappy after installing a strut bar.
Exterior: Well, no further comments about this. I have hit cars and being hitted before with my Viva, and I can conclude that while the exterior is very cheap, it doesnt absorb impact so much. You will be surprised that after a collision that you think its bad, you will find some some scratches only. Front bumper is prone to dislocation after minor impacts. Foglamp is also easy damaged by rocks and other shrapnels. Also, I love the very wide door angle for the doors to open. Very easy to transport wheelchair-bourne person.
Interior: Not so much complain for a car that is that price. As a quite tall person (180m+), I have to admit that the drivers legroom is not so satistactory. The fabric seats are the excellent perperators once you got something spilled on it. Legroom for back passengers are just enough for some minor movements.
Power & Engine: The main reason I bought this car. I really love the engine. Being a 1.0 kid, I am more than happy with the engine's performance over the years. I have tested the car on a really steep road (Gunung Berinchang/Gunung Ledang) and have tested the car on an offroad track to orang asli in Kelantan and found the engine does not disappoint me at all. Max top speed is around 160 km/h around 6.5-7k rpm. Fuel consumption is very, very, very good.
Comfort: Hmm.. this is a car where I can say "OK la" to everything when it comes to the price, including comfort.
Security: I really recommend owners to change the alarm system after buying. Do not trust the stock alarm at all. It is prone to theft.
- Aircond sucks. I have to service/refill 5 times in a year (last year). And it still sucks.
- Body is very thin. Drive safe.
- Car engine is like a choir's soprano and alto voices combined together. Loud.
- Look after the suspensions. Treat this car as a little girl, or it will cry everytime u hit a small bump
- Small bootspace.
- Cheap car comes with cheap maintenance? You are wrong. This car has a huge pricetag on the maintenance part.
Enhance the quality of the car in overall. Too much points to note for a check & balance.
Single DIN player should be swapped to the empty double DIN space.
Bigger tyre. Please.
Decent power for 1.0(m), very nippy around city, like the handling very much because of aftermarket suspension and braces at the front and back thanks to Ultra Racing and GAB suspensions, cheap to maintain after warranty is over, fuel efficiency is almost like a bike. 4 years of owning the car and never been worried of fuel price.
Apart from a few glitches here and there.. its a reliable car, changed to bigger 15" rims to get better traction and feel and for safety too.. travel extensively all over malaysia with this car..
Covered 220000kms so far ;)
Electronics sucks big time, my car had this problem where it had the engine light turned on whenever i release the clutch from the very first week of owning this car. After a year had another issue of ignition light turned on during the car on the move. When this happens, the timing would be very unstable and in one occasion the car just died while driving. Did a quick reset by unplugging the battery and plugging in back. To solve this, had to go through several re setting at "friendly perodua" service centre. When asked why this problem happening they would say their computer had detected an error and they have cleared the error and it would be fine. But it remained, after the warranty had finished took it back to sc for to the same issue where i was advised to to a full re wyring for the car 0.o.. which i rejected and after a week my radio broke.. when brought bck to perodua, was advised to change the radio.... WTF.. all this happened in 3 n 1/2 years of owning this vehicle. So a word of advise, i anyone had this kind of issues.. go bck to sc and get it resolved immediately.
Car engine sounds like a diesel engine..
Fabric on the seat is too thin.. mine tore after 3 years of usage
No sense of safety at all feel like driving inside an alumanium sheet.
Chassis feels like its crying each time when pushed above 100km( braces from Ultra racing helps to over come that) apart from safety reasons.
Engine note is very loud. No proper seal for the engine wall
And if it rains, the occupants have to shout at each other to be heard.. ( very thin roof)
Improve the electronics in the car
Improve the quality and increase the knowledge of sc personals
Reduce the cost of servicing vehicles during warranty
Improve on chasis and sound insulation of vehicle
Improve on safety aspects of the vehicle
Its own-able price.
Great exterior finishing.
Great for city drive.
Powerful at standstill.
Easy to maintain and cheap spare parts.
Not too jerky 4 speed AT
Cooling aircon system
Bad Fuel efficiency for city drive.
Sound systems way TOO Poor...too bad quality
Very unstable after 100kph
Suspension too hard on bumps, uneven roads, at stripy road marks will make a very noisy sound to the whole interior.
Need better handling, better suspension
Provide better sound system. The current one was total 0 marks
-Great Fuel Economy.
-Low maintenance fee.
-Overall interior space (quite spacious for a compact car!).
-Poor handling especially at high speed.
-Low quality plastic interior.
-Poor audio quality.
These are my personal thoughts after owning a used the Perodua Viva EZi (2007) for a while
-The plastics used as interior could have been better.
-The seats should be firmer. The current ones is too soft for my liking.
-It would be better to have 60:40 folded rear seats.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: