Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- great safety features that at below / at most 60k pricetag
-light and smooth handling
-comfortable seat and roomy
-stable when drive in highway
-poor fuel efficiency especially drive in city
-dashboard rattling sound (after fixed at service centre still same)
-jerking during low speed especially when trap in traffic jam
-tyre noise is terrible (silverstone)
-CVT delay in response when start to move from stationery (feel like manual gear-slow in release the clutch)
-air cond water drops at driver legroom
-slow response/hang Proton info system
-small tyre/rim compare to previous persona
- Feul efficiency is acceptable which can get around 16km-17km per liter if in highway
- Tip top safety features that we can get at price below 60k
- sporty design especially front grill.. A lot of my friend said it is Honda-like design
- Big Boot space which can carry a lot of bags especially for "balik kampung"
- Dashboard Rattling sound (which can be fixed at service centre)
- The lack of quality plastic for interior (it is acceptable for this kind of price tag, it is bad if u buy toyota / honda brand but use similar plastic material)
- got a few gap in between front bumper and body
- No rear aircond vent
- instead of using VVT why should proton add VVT-i or Dual VVT-i function to this persona, VVT is an old version of VVT system
- i prefer the enjine to be 1.5L to get more fuel efficiency. Honda city & Vios both are using 1.5L why cant persona?
Stable and fun to drive
Light and amooth power steering
NVH level is much better
Comfortable seat for both front and back
Noisy engine during pickup
Cold start engine sound, need to replace valvetrain according to SC Mutiara Damansara (was heard the noise but after 1k km service, the noise still there)
Got dilema on whether to open the engine as if will cause lots of engine problem in future
Boot lid sound when you press the button to open it
Tyre noise is loud (Silverstone Kruizer 1)
Obvious body roll on uneven road
Aircond sound (like snoring)
Refine the engine to have more response during pickup
Change to more llw noise tyre
Check every engine before deliver the car to customer for cold start engine noise
Front seat adjustment too tight, maybe some grease need to be applied
- Very comfortable and roomy. Easily to fit in 5 adults.
- powerful. Even it is fully loaded, it is still able to move off uphill.
- stable/superb handling (i own a myvi. As comparison, this persona is much more stable than myvi when cornering or speeding)
- reasonable fuel efficiency . 7L+/100km for combine cycle.
- full safety spec. 6 airbags plus ESC.
- the after service provided is good (3s centre at Mutiara Damansara)
- CVT not 100% smooth. Quite jerky when driving < 20 km/h. Beyond the speed, it is quite smooth.
- Some rattling sound from dashboard (intermittent).
- to refine/re-tune the CVT. Improve the smoothness for slow drive.
- to provide headrest for rear seat passengers
- to provide optional kits (like door visor, luggage tray etc)
- room for improvement -- to improve further the fuel efficiency & reduce carbon emission to obtain EEV status
-Nice to drive around city, taller, better turning radius, fuel effiency than the predecessor.
-The driver seat are big and comfortable for taller people, back seat are quite comfortable too.
-Handling is good, stable cornering and powerful enough to easily go up to 140kph. Safety features are there, ESC, ABS, EBD.
-Great engine refinement improves from the iriz, engine are smooth and silent like japanese car.
-The car are comfortable and silent cruising around the city. Big boot spaces to put luggage for balik kampung.
-Super value for the price, some nice features even better than the more expensive japanese car.
-Some rattling sound from the passenger side dashboard when go through uneven road.
-Wind noise quite loud after 100kph.
-Tyre profile should be bigger as it feels quite bumpy when go though uneven road or yellow line.
-CVT quite jerky if driving under 20kph when traffic jam.
-More insulation foam in the dashboard to prevent rattling sound. More rubber strip at the outside edge of the car door.
-Front seat trailer should have stopper to prevent back passenger getting wounded by the sharp metal edge if wearing slipper.
- very nice looking
- NVH very superb than older version.
- good handling
- price very affordable
- fuel efficiciency better than 1.3 VVT model.
- very suitable for city driving.
- before this persona only 2 years waranty but this model proton give 5 years..wow
- tyre look like no matching with the body
- not too powerful but its ok.
- not too comfortable in highway driving
- please produce manual trans in premium variant.hmmm
-Good fuel efficiency compare to previous persona
-Quite tall for a sedan, fun to drive in the city
-Good NVH level quiet ride when drive below 80km/hr
-Fantastic value for the pricing
-Electric power steering and VSC, ABS, EBD even with the standard variant.
-Stable handling and powerful enough to easy go up to 140 km/hr
-Nice wide front semi bucket seat
-Well improved car system intellegence, improved to be more to a daily city car.
-CVT quite jerky when driving slow comparing to normal AT gearbox
-Should have thicker profile tyre 185/60 r15
-Half a seconds hesitations to pickup from a completely stop.
-The car will not move forward like a torque convertor AT car when u engage to the gear. Must at least -press the fuel pedal, require some practice to drive in a jamming situations or else u will feel the car very jerky.
-Should put a rubber stopper to the sharp front seat trailer, behind passenger tend to get their feet torn injured if they r wearing slipper.
- More CVT refinement tuning on the slow drive or u may choose the manual variant better.
- I would choose the highest specs if there are rear disc brake.
- Standardise the coil mat, door visor, boot tray as a gift to buyer for them to need to find it aftermarket.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: