Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
* limited to Malaysian citizens and verified owners of the reviewed car. CarBase.my works with ISM Insurance Services to verify car ownership in order to ensure quality reviews.
2 Owner Reviews
Date Reviewed 23 October 2018
Ride & Handling
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
RON95, Mileage: 1,000 km/month
1) Proton has done a good job in redesigning the perdana's exterior.
2) It's 5 metres long gives a premium high class look.
3) Handling is superb for a car in this size since it has front double wishbone set-up. Stable relatively at high speed.
4) A very spacious boot.
5) Quite comfort ride.
6) Sound system is just nice. 6 Speakers.
7) Projection type headlamp and fog lamp.
8) Spacious for rear passengers.
9) Honda's Engine and Transmission, chasis. You know Honda is a good car makers.
10) Irresistible car for its price.
11) When its hot inside the car, you can just wind down all 4 windows by pressing the unlock button on the remote 2 times.
12) All round sensors and reverse camera. 2 screens.
13) Fuel efficient. From Klang to Melaka and back to klang in around 25 litres @ 90 - 120km/h. Still had balance fuel.
14) Engine is very responsive at higher rpm. Pulls from 90 to 170+ km/h fast. Race with a Ranger 3.2 hehe....otw to klia airport time....
1) Power kicks in after 2500rpm.
2) Slight vibration when accelerating from standstill.
3) Outside noise can be heard around 110 km/h onward.
4) No auto fold side mirror.
-I find this car is okay. no cars are perfect.
-Quality Control have to be more effective. Headlamp layer start peeling.
- So far the car is okay.
- A very spacious interior
- Parking assist with 4 front sensors, 4 back sensors and reverse camera
- Elegant looking Design
- Two screen infotainment system gives it the accord feel
- Sporty looking rims
-Huge Boot space
- the car 6 speakers are really good. base, treble is a 4.5/5. Thumbs up
- No push to start and keyless entry for a 2016 car which is worth RM 118,000 is rather odd..
- The Proton infotainment system lags or hangs when receive a call on Bluetooth. Very unstable system
- 2.0 model doesn't come with Electronic Stability Control which even a Myvi or Axia these days has.
- The fuel consumption is extremely bad. Very very bad, especially driving in town
- The car pick up is rather poor. You really have to step the paddle till bottom to get a little speed. Extremely under powered car.
- Car starts to have some rattling sound after a year at the boot area. Poor typical PROTON assembly. No proper QC
- Being a 2016 car, it doesn't even have a computer to calculate fuel consumption, car range and etc. Even a Perodua Axia has all that.
- Steering is a little heavy as it is still using the dinosaur age hydraulic power steering
- No auto wipers
- Tune the engine and gearbox to reduce fuel consumption
- Add a computer system to calculate car fuel consumption, range and average fuel
- PLEASE improve the infotainment system which hangs and lags half of the time
- Being a 2016 car, it should have keyless entry and push to start to the least!!
- switch to electric power steering and do include ESC in the car.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: