Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- For this size, it's a solid & tough built.
- Good FC for a 1.6.
- Moderately comfy seats.
- Nice sporty steering. Turning circle/radius is quite small.
- Good handling (takes corners very well for this size) & acceleration (the speed picks up whenever you rev it).
- Elegant and nice leg and front cockpit dim lights.
- Cruise control. I enjoyed using them on LEKAS highway.
- Smooth driving experience and good for long distance. Very stable (for this size) to cruise on high speeds.
- Moderate headroom & simple interior.
- Aisin 6 speed conventional auto - smooth gear change. Without DSG.
- Touch screen audio system is very simple to use.
- Auto up and down for all windows.
- Bought it on end year promo, good price for a new German car.
- Rear air-cond vent. Good for our climate condition.
- Just a tap on the key to open the rear trunk.
- Overall NVH is moderately good.
- Tight rear legroom (3 adults would be squeezed like sandwich at the back but better than Fiesta)
- No auto fold side mirrors.
- No ESC.
- No engine sound insulation. The engine's roar is visible when high rev.
- No lights on the trunk.
- For this price, airbag is only 2 at the front. No side and rear airbags.
- No panic button.
- No rear or middle dim light.
- Can still open the door from inside eventhough the lock is engaged.
- Speaker feels cheap.
- No DRL and auto lights.
- There's only 1 USB port (for the radio) and no rear USB inlet port.
- No door panel lights.
- Auto folding side mirrors with turn signals should come standard.
- Service interval is 15000km but i doubt with our climate conditions. Should go for 10000km.
- Should provide rear or middle dim light and trunk light and door panel light as standard.
- All 4 speakers should be upgraded.
- Put more USB inlet port.
- At least DRL should come as standard.
- Engine dampener should come as standard.
- At least 4 airbags instead of 2.
- Central locking is good and you can't open the door from outside, but you can still open the door from inside eventhough the lock is engaged. Should put mechanism and better central lock.
- Should provide panic button. Good for woman drivers.
Superb ride and handling. Good suspension. Suprisingly good pick up and acceleration. Pleasant interior. Stable on highways. Seamless gear change. Comfortable for long distance driving. Good fuel consumption.FC 6.3L/100 km highways and up to 8-9L/100 km town driving.
car is bumpy, lacks power, shudders at standstill, opening and closing door does not feel solid. its like the doors are not closed properly. all the doors squeak on uneven surfaces. rear is tight. can only seat 2 adults comfortably. parts so not last long. at the 3rd year mark absorbers, lower arms, pcv valve,link rods need to be changed. lights not bright at night. cooling systems need to be flushed as rust is present.
needs projector lamps,auto headlights, vipers and folding side mirrors, keyless entry, and electronic seat adjustment. doors need to be more solid. and engine must be a 1.8 and above. suspension needs a lot of improvements. seat have to be better quality. its already sagging at the 3rd year. needs disc brakes at the rear and arm rest as well.and the sound system sucks big time. it has 4 terrible sounding 8 ohm speakers from Belgium. its should be 4 or 6 ohms only. tyres should be bigger. 185/60/15 should never ever be used in a car. and where is the ESP? peoples lives matter.
Please stay away from this car until all these are improved. the value of a 2012 cbu polo is only 30k in 2016. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!
- Good looking exterior & interior, love the lining black tinted around headlamps, look more garang than prev facelift
- Very fast acceleration,
-Gearbox 6 speed tiptronic shift pretty quickly, just only reached 100KM/H in 3rd gear, it quite impressive
-Feel Solid built of continental car, steering weight absolutely comfy, fuel efficiency quite reasonable as long not to rev hard
-No DSG no problem, the 6 six speed conventional automatic tiptronic more less problem than DSG
-love this firm seat, feel like racing seat
-price reasonable as the 20k rebate offer
- no hi tech as TSI engine & DSG
-should provided armrest,
-keyless entry & keyless start
-VGM Should improved their design & toys in VW segment B
-at least 4 airbags
Good acceleration for a car at its class
Love the 6AT Aisin tranny
Cruise control work flawlessly
Good fuel consumption when you are not hitting it hard
Better handling than other competitor at its class
Its good to have auto up-down anti pinch window
New steering wheel with extra buttons is helpful when scrolling the display menu.
Good looking headlamp with blackened and refined look
Tail light is awesome at night
184 top speed? I got 194km/h
Should have been sold at lower price (Luckily i bought this during VW Promo period!)
ESP would also help.
4 airbag is better but hey thats seem to much to ask for a 73k car?
Maybe more power?
Just read on the cons and if VWGM could work up on that and still maintain below 90k price, I will certainly buy it.
Looks really smart, its a Volkswagen after all. Sharp styling, and looks like a baby Golf or Jetta from a distance. Interior also is well designed and well thought out, with logically placed buttons.
Panel gaps are generally tight and visibility is also pretty good, with nice seats. The 1.6MPI should be reliable with the regular 6 speed automatic, which shifts pretty quickly.
The steering is too light on the MPI model, which is very disappointing since the car rides really well actually. The roar of the engine can be a bit disappointing too.
The bigger issue is the lack of safety features on it. There are only 2 airbags and ABS, with no ESP or side airbags even as an option. For the price it is quite unacceptable. Also, the boot is a bit tight and so is the rear seat, unlike the cheaper Honda Jazz.. Also the materials used feel cheap, compared to the TSI one.
Probably drop the price and at least include ESP and side airbags as standard. Also improve the dealership experience.
-Good acceleration especially at gear 3 and 4
-Nice looking interior and new front grill with chrome lining
-Has cruise control
-Fuel consumption is good even achieve better than what it claim 6.3 liters per 100 km and I did at 6.0 liter
-All four windows are automatic
-Easy hands on with the new radio system RCD320
-Smooth gear shifting
-Cranky sound at rear seats during driving
-Quite noisy from inside for the engine when rev hard
-Safety equipment is not that good, felt not protective enough
-Boring headlights that comes with halogen only
-Things that has been taken away or removed is too much for what a 30k would have expected
-Since this is Volkswagen, i assume those cranky sound should not be an issue for the car
-Reverse camera should be necessary
-It should be fine just to add another 2 air bags to make it 4
-Wouldn't be too expensive just to install LED/DRL
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: