Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Naza Kia Malaysia has officially launched the new Picanto GT Line in Malaysia, which is a new variant that joins the existing EX in the Picanto line-up (we previously reported on). Priced at RM57,888 on-the-road wit...
The 2018 Kia Picanto that was launched last week is the only non-national offering left in the A-segment space. This time around, only one variant is offered, the 1.2...
Driven Web Series is back again, powered by Petronas Primax! This is the episode you've all been waiting for, featuring the 2018 Perodua Myvi! We compare Malaysia's best-selling car against its two closest rivals, t...
- Very good build quality. Fit and finish is better than your typical local/CKD models at this price point. Plastics used in the interior are high quality.
- Ride and handling is refined :
i) Very good suspension. Absorbs bumps and road imperfections very well with stock rims and tires.
ii) Car doesn't feel floaty at high speeds (120km/h +/-)
iii) Sound insulation is well sorted.
iv) Handling is direct and precise. Very close to what you would expect from a European car.
v) Transmission and engine response is smooth and quick. Minimal jerkiness except under low speeds at rare occasions.
- Integrated DRL makes the car looks more expensive than it seems.
- Respectable safety specs for the price.
- European inspired interior design with floating touchscreen
- Very good infotainment system, with integrated Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Responsive UI and reasonably good audio quality.
- Despite the small leg room (depending on your front seat adjustment), the rear seats are reasonably comfortable because of the long bench and slightly angled position.
- Rear boot space is rather good for a car this size.
- Slightly intrusive road noise (can be improved with better tires)
- Engine power is sufficient but not great. Car will have difficulty picking up speed under certain occasion like overtaking, resulting in more revving , which in turns affects fuel consumption and more engine noise in the cabin (not too bad).
- Depending on your driving style, fuel consumption is rather high for a 1.2L engine. Averaging 11 - 12km/L under 80% +/- city driving conditions in KL.
- Cabin space is not great but expected from a car of this size. Fetching 3 adults at the back will be quite a squeeze.
- Audio quality is good but slightly lacking in bass.
- Steering wheel have no telescopic adjustment.
- Lack of center armrest. (aftermarket solution available)
- Lack of fabric/leather at door armrest.
- Lack of autonomous safety features.
This car only needs a better engine for better power and fuel consumption. A 1.0/1.2L turbo will be perfect. The 4 speed transmission is great but 6 speed is desirable. Autonomous emergency braking should be included.
However, end of the day, we can't ask for everything for 49k ...
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: