Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Naza Kia Malaysia has officially launched the new Picanto GT Line in Malaysia, which is a new variant that joins the existing EX in the Picanto line-up (we previously reported on). Priced at RM57,888 on-the-road wit...
The 2018 Kia Picanto that was launched last week is the only non-national offering left in the A-segment space. This time around, only one variant is offered, the litre EX AT - priced at RM49,888 (OTR without insur...
As the only non-national car under RM50,000, the Kia Picanto is a solid alternative to the Perodua Myvi and Proton Iriz. It's well equipped and has a quality of ride and refinement that is head and shoulders above its peers, all while being better to drive than the previous model - only the lack of interior space is a letdown. It also now comes with autonomous emergency braking, which makes it one of only two vehicles in the price range to have it (the other being the Myvi).
Ultra-modern styling, well-built interior
Ride and refinement puts it in a different category altogether
Driven Web Series is back again, powered by Petronas Primax! This is the episode you've all been waiting for, featuring the 2018 Perodua Myvi! We compare Malaysia's best-selling car against its two closest rivals, t...
- Handling wise, above expectation as it just a small car so i dont expect much but it did suprised me!
- Performance wise, above expectation as i don't expect much from 82hp car. 0-60kmh is not quick (maybe tuned to save fuel) but after 60kmh, easy to climb to 170kmh compare to my wife myvi 1.5H. opss sorry but truth hurts. it tops at 185kmh (dont tell pdrm/jpj)
- Safety wise, front and rear disc brake + 6 airbags for A-segment car. you judge!
- Fuel consumption, expected not as good as axia but more or less the same as myvi. around 400-420km for 30litres tank = 90% city driving. the problem is i always drive fast on free way so it might consume more. what to do.. drive 140kmh feels like 100kmh.
- Infotainment, very good very satisfied. it comes with apple carplay. hey siri call my wife! hey siri open waze! hey siri open spotify!
- Reverse camera? A lot better than my brother's camry hybrid reverse camera ;)
- NVH? Also better than my father's vellfire :D
- Seating position and steering feels is great but this is subjective as i like to seat low (i dont like seeing the car hood) and the steering feels premium. stim!
- Well, expected small space. it is not spacious as myvi and slightly tighter than axia. but i always drive alone so i dont mind. obviously not practical for those who always bring people.
- Factory tyre is not so quiet. some get kumho but i got nexen hd blue plus. good grip but not so quiet. change to conti cc6 or michelin xm2 to reduce tyre noise.
- Aircond is cold and i always put max on 2 in hot day. but somehow for some people who like snow, note that the middle vent is slower than the side vent. u might put it on 3 or 4.
I dont know what as i just wanted a daily small car for work but this car is above my expectation. i booked myvi before i even know Picanto. No regrets and i feel thankful to God for changing my mind to Picanto haha owning it for almost 1year 6months already. I dont consider Iriz because i dont like the cvt gear. boring, feels like scooter but yes Iriz>Myvi (if u dont mind the cvt gear). manual? good luck everyday at least 1 hour stuck in traffic :D
but hey, there's always room for improvement! like.. more power please! because this car is stable at high speed.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: