Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- Great safety feature. 6 airbags, ABS, VSC, and automated braking. Not to mention rear disk brake whereas Axia only have rear drum break.
- Great NVH. No obvious noise and vibration even at highway speed (110km/h).
- Infotainment is loaded with Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I'm using Android Auto for navigation and it works fine.
- Decent fuel consumption. Usually I got 400km driving with 70% city driving.
- Great driving performance from 84hp car. Once it past 60km/h, you can feel the acceleration from the car.
- For A Segment car, expect the rear space will be small. But this is not a problem for me as I drive alone most of the time.
- The boot is small. It cannot fit a 20" luggage in the boot.
1.0L turbo will be nice but 1.2L NA we got here is not bad. If got blind spot info system this car would be perfect. But then again we cannot ask for more for 60k car. In conclusion, a better alternative than Myvi if rear space is not your main concern.
- Handling wise, above expectation as it just a small car so i dont expect much but it did suprised me!
- Performance wise, above expectation as i don't expect much from 82hp car. 0-60kmh is not quick (maybe tuned to save fuel) but after 60kmh, easy to climb to 170kmh compare to my wife myvi 1.5H. opss sorry but truth hurts. it tops at 185kmh (dont tell pdrm/jpj)
- Safety wise, front and rear disc brake + 6 airbags for A-segment car. you judge!
- Fuel consumption, expected not as good as axia but more or less the same as myvi. around 400-420km for 30litres tank = 90% city driving. the problem is i always drive fast on free way so it might consume more. what to do.. drive 140kmh feels like 100kmh.
- Infotainment, very good very satisfied. it comes with apple carplay. hey siri call my wife! hey siri open waze! hey siri open spotify!
- Reverse camera? A lot better than my brother's camry hybrid reverse camera ;)
- NVH? Also better than my father's vellfire :D
- Seating position and steering feels is great but this is subjective as i like to seat low (i dont like seeing the car hood) and the steering feels premium. stim!
- Well, expected small space. it is not spacious as myvi and slightly tighter than axia. but i always drive alone so i dont mind. obviously not practical for those who always bring people.
- Factory tyre is not so quiet. some get kumho but i got nexen hd blue plus. good grip but not so quiet. change to conti cc6 or michelin xm2 to reduce tyre noise.
- Aircond is cold and i always put max on 2 in hot day. but somehow for some people who like snow, note that the middle vent is slower than the side vent. u might put it on 3 or 4.
I dont know what as i just wanted a daily small car for work but this car is above my expectation. i booked myvi before i even know Picanto. No regrets and i feel thankful to God for changing my mind to Picanto haha owning it for almost 1year 6months already. I dont consider Iriz because i dont like the cvt gear. boring, feels like scooter but yes Iriz>Myvi (if u dont mind the cvt gear). manual? good luck everyday at least 1 hour stuck in traffic :D
but hey, there's always room for improvement! like.. more power please! because this car is stable at high speed.
- Very good build quality. Fit and finish is better than your typical local/CKD models at this price point. Plastics used in the interior are high quality.
- Ride and handling is refined :
i) Very good suspension. Absorbs bumps and road imperfections very well with stock rims and tires.
ii) Car doesn't feel floaty at high speeds (120km/h +/-)
iii) Sound insulation is well sorted.
iv) Handling is direct and precise. Very close to what you would expect from a European car.
v) Transmission and engine response is smooth and quick. Minimal jerkiness except under low speeds at rare occasions.
- Integrated DRL makes the car looks more expensive than it seems.
- Respectable safety specs for the price.
- European inspired interior design with floating touchscreen
- Very good infotainment system, with integrated Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Responsive UI and reasonably good audio quality.
- Despite the small leg room (depending on your front seat adjustment), the rear seats are reasonably comfortable because of the long bench and slightly angled position.
- Rear boot space is rather good for a car this size.
- Slightly intrusive road noise (can be improved with better tires)
- Engine power is sufficient but not great. Car will have difficulty picking up speed under certain occasion like overtaking, resulting in more revving , which in turns affects fuel consumption and more engine noise in the cabin (not too bad).
- Depending on your driving style, fuel consumption is rather high for a 1.2L engine. Averaging 11 - 12km/L under 80% +/- city driving conditions in KL.
- Cabin space is not great but expected from a car of this size. Fetching 3 adults at the back will be quite a squeeze.
- Audio quality is good but slightly lacking in bass.
- Steering wheel have no telescopic adjustment.
- Lack of center armrest. (aftermarket solution available)
- Lack of fabric/leather at door armrest.
- Lack of autonomous safety features.
This car only needs a better engine for better power and fuel consumption. A 1.0/1.2L turbo will be perfect. The 4 speed transmission is great but 6 speed is desirable. Autonomous emergency braking should be included.
However, end of the day, we can't ask for everything for 49k ...
1) Equipped with 7 inch floating infotainment system with reverse camera and Android Auto.
2) Quality speaker output and bass and radio signal receiving is good.
3) Good ride and handling, able to absorb road bump and less feel when car run over uneven road.
4) Nicely wrap steering, look premium and comfortable to hold at this price point.
5) Above average interior built quality and good plastic material use although not soft touch but doesn't look cheap.
6) Nice looking exterior especially the front with Projector headlamp and DRL and U shape position lamp, and LED signal. Kia improve on DRL when handbrake engaged DRL turn off, this increase privacy when parking in Mall and trying to rest in Car.
7) First in class safety features for car at this price point: 6 airbag, 4disc brake, VSM, 5 ELR type seatbelt with 5 seatbelt fasten reminder to name a few.
8) Good NVH suppression
1) No leather seat, consider Axia and Myvi have it at about the same price point.
2) No built in touch and go reader, which I think is very practical and convenience (Myvi have it).
3) No front parking sensor (at least two at right and left side)
4) Rear legroom is critical, it is a tight affair for passenger above 175cm, with front passenger also around 175cm.
5) FC not as good as expected compare to Axia or Bezza maybe due to heavier body weight (increase 44% AHSS), but still within acceptable range.
6) Black and white infotainment display is boring.
1) Use colour infotainment display
2) Improve rear design, make the exhaust pipe visible.
3) Add on rear passenger bottle holder at both rear doors.
4) Can add on leather seat as option.
5) Can built in touch and go reader.
6) Can add front parking sensor
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: