Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
The only good thing that I can say about the Nissan Grand Livina is the space that it provides. You can carry more stuff in it than a normal saloon car.
Before I bought this Nissan Grand Livina, I thought Nissan is a rather reliable make. Unfortunately, I have to disagree now. In the initial years, things were okay but in the last three years, there have been more and more parts that I have to change, certainly more than I expected and it costs a significant amount of money.
One was the air conditioner compressor pump. It was out of order causing a louder noise from the engine area than before. Another was the mounting such as engine mounting, gear box mounting, lower arm, subframe and anti-roll bar bush. The mounting needed to be replaced as the car was rattling. Even after replacement with genuine Nissan parts, the rattling problem recurred a few months later. The mechanic at the workshop said that genuine Nissan parts do not come with warranty but if I have bought third-party brand parts, then there would have been warranty that I could have claimed.
Another thing is that I find the idle speed of the car engine too be too high. The automatic transmission is also not that smooth.
Taking into consideration the pros and cons of the car, I can only give an overall rating of 2/5 for the Nissan Grand Livina.
- The reliability of the car needs to be improved
- Genuine Nissan parts should be given at least 1 year warranty
- Idle speed of the car engine should be lower
- Automatic transmission should be smoother
- Fuel efficiency could have been better
- Aircon can be a little too powerful for the front row, but not powerful for back row. It can be very hot even though at full
- Quite a lot of wheelspin as you accelerate
- can be very uncomfortable with daily use, eg car bounces up n down on straight roads.
- Service centre
- interior material
- price, there are many better 7 seater cars for >100k
-Value for New age families
-It's big and no feeling like drive a MPV car , fitted 7 people
-3rd row may be uncomfortable for big sized
-Fuel Efficiency normal
-Easy to handle
-with MR18DE CVTC engine, it's quite
-Chassis designed by Renault
-air conditional compressor sounds very loud
-No Traction control or Vehicle Dynamic control
-Loud Wind noise
-Vehicle are light , easy to understeer and lose balance while in speed cornering .
A better space for 3rd row. it's a perfect small MPV vehicle!
Fuel Efficient for MPV within the class. Puchong/Mont Kiara weekday drive & weekend rural drive.
Reasonable quiet & comfortable for the sub-100K MPV
Good handling. making corner at 60~80km/h very smooth.
Look good compare to previous model.
1.6 a bit underpower. But more than enough for normal family car. don't expect pushing when you ramp.
Maybe 1.8 can perform better.
Engine noise remarkable increase upon speed 120km/h.
less spacious legroom for 2nd row.
2nd row a bit tight legroom. best if can adjust further to the back.
- Fuel efficient for an MPV.
- Comfortable. The absorber gives a nice handling and a comfortable ride for both driver and passengers.
- Feels solid and good quality.
- Applaudable NVH. Road and mechanical noise is very minimal.
- Ability to transform the rear seats into a flat storage area is a plus.
- Lack of space for 2nd row passengers.
- Lack of small compartments in the cabin.
- Air cond blower only at the front and cold air is channeled to the 2nd row passengers via a small aircond vent. It is not a big issue IF you have a good quality tint installed.
If possible, add another notch to the 2nd row sliding seat to make it slide further back and it'll solve the 2nd row space issue. Overall, the car is a good family car and it exceeded my expectation. Would recommended it any day over its "competitors".
-Smooth engine and driving
-Fuel efficiency urban and highway
-Low maintenance (service)
-Good interior and exterior ( below RM100K mpv)
-Not very stable on high speed ( above 120kmh)
-No rear air condition
-Long wait at the service center (weekdays and weekend)
-Old style audio player
-Expensive to get leather seat and other accessories.
Need to build more service center especially in Klang Valley.
Should come with touch screen player and leather seat for 1.8 version.
- Good fuel economy
- Seated 5 adults and 2 kids comfortably
- 1.8L is more than sufficient to meet daily driving conditions (go up to Genting Highland uphill easily)
- Speed sensitive autolock is a plus point
- Rear air cond blower is not strong enough
- Should come with car tonneau free of charge
- Nissan Malaysia should install air cond filter in all Grand Livina model. As all current models have no air cond filter, the air cond compressor will not last long
- TCEAS service is not bad, but the replacement parts is a bit pricey
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: