Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Bought Suprima S premium on 2017 , as usual before buying Suprima I have the mentality that proton will never last long but before choose Suprima I went to all other brands and tested the car which was nearly same price with Suprima and last went to Proton and tested Suprima , Of course the price was a big deal for me a C segment car for 77k with lot of specification compared to others brands which offer B Segment for higher price and low specification
Using the car for 3 years and yes really loved it ... Who said Proton cars are useless and will always gives problem.Using it for 3 years without any issue.
-The Ride & handling is fantastic *Better than Civic*
-Powerful, very comfort and the cabin is quite even the meter reaching 180
-The seats are very nice
-Audio system is fantastic with blaupunkt speakers
-Likes the English car touch in Proto, Like unlocking the car and safety features are good.
-Auto light and Auto rain sensors are very useful
-Very comfort on high speed , and the Paddle shifts really a matter specially in highway.
the door plastic is extremely cheap quality, I will say only that
Proton should have consider to recall the car for a change of that so that customers would have feel happy.
Please focus more on the QC , I believe if Proton gives a high quality plastic for Suprima , I can say Suprima S is the best in everything.
QC , The plastic but if you see the price .. the plastic is not an issue
The plastic is only cheap quality but doesn't mean it can break , Just dont get the Premium feel
My advice is do not skip the services and bring the car to Proton SC so that you wont have any issue.
One of it is the Turo horse need to replace every 40K but if you do the service at unauthorized SC they will never advice to change the horse , that`s where the problem will start.
best handling ever
low fuel consumption for long distance trip
cool air cond
oil cooler hose problem, need to replace every 40k km which costly about rm100++
steering frequently not align, tend to the left side even did wheel and tyres alignment for every 6 month
lots of turbo damage recorded as driver tend to pro-long millage to exceed more than 5k millage if using semi synthetic eo
steering not align, too many cases reported by the driver
-Good power when compared to 2.0 and even some 2.4 NA (Non-turbo cars) surprisingly
-Stable at high speeds and corners
-Very comfortable leather seats (soft type)
-Steering feel is good, responsive and solid.
-Planted to the ground at high speed. If you don't watch your speedometer you may only realise when the scenery is moving way too fast
-Front and back cabin space is good. Better than some C-segment too.
-Very clear reverse camera
-Front parking sensors help a lot especially in town traffic
-Very nice tail lamp design at night
-Some service centre provide commendable quality service (even compared to other makes-not about the food you get like premium cakes and orange juice - response and notification/updates)
-Published fuel consumption is attainable but easily tempted otherwise
-Can be a heavy petrol drinker if you don't know how to control the throttle. The turbo opens at 2k rev
-Mute and Audio mode buttons are slightly too close to hand position
-Head unit too bright at night. Has auto brightness adjustment linked to headlamps to brighten when lights are on.
-Back design in the day is rather you love it or you hate it
-Stock tyres that come with the car are quite noisy and are not that great. However it shouldn't be a problem if you are not constantly 'spirited driver'
-NVH (Noise vibration harshness) is considerably high for a C-segment, maybe due to high responsiveness
-Let's face it. The Proton badge. Could be a hot buy if not for it.
-Soft leather seats needs more pampering to maintain its original look (if you really love your car this is negligible)
-The waiting time at some service centres
-Some minor defects that require a long time for parts although fixing takes less than a day
-Some service centre have a 'tak apa' attitude and is the opposite of the best service centres (across brands)
-Better sound insulation. Spending a few hundred more can actually make the cabin insulation like some D-segment cars.
-Segmenting the centre Head Unit console area. No functional issue but just different from the usual. That will give a better looking interior
-Make the paddle shifters a little larger or taller
-Some improved finishing to really give a premium feel
-Reverse camera side guide lines are about 1 inch narrow. You can almost fully rely on it although technically not supposed to. The guide lines on the reverse cam other than that is perfectly aligned. Add a moving guideline from steering feedback and you can get premium car reverse camera. Talk about above the 200k range car type of reverse camera
-Better stock tyres? I think the same brand as the Inspira one would suffice and even give better ride comfort
-Sometimes when a part comes in the service advisor has to still make sure the part is a non-defect before changing the part. Good part is sometimes its before the service appointment but still have to wait until a non defect part is confirmed after the part has arrived, by service advisor qc again. *Fix this first and this car offer is solid.
- Engine is very powerful, feel the power at 2k rpm.
- Handling is superb, hard turn single-handedly
- FC is moderate. RM90 Ron95 full tank. Half finished from Port Klang to Johor Bahru.
- Once drove 190km/h use autocruise, the car was steady and stable.
- Very poor QC
- Back seat lock already broken, does not lock, the seat fall down. Noticed it 2days after using it. They replaced new back seats after 2months.
- Wiring problems. Detects the passengers door as open, even though it is closed. The replaced the whole set wiring on the driver's side.
-GPS shows the car still in Jalan Andaman KLCC. Open up the gps (infotainment system) sent back to Penang for warranty claim. They said not later than a month. Still waiting for the infotainment systems replacement.
- Service Centre shall be very well-trained staff. I went to 3 SC just to get them to say they need to replace my backseats. This one SC said the have no tools but his 1 SC said we will order new seat for you.
- Improve your QC especially towards your vendor who supply your parts. Once single item in 1 Delivery Order has defects, reject them all. teach the vendor to be more responsible.
- Proton e-mail email@example.com. Do you even read the e-mail i sent to u?
Best design by Proton
Android HU was biggest step for Proton and the user friendly
6 SRS airbags
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
Brake Assist (BA)
Traction Control (TCS)
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Fuel consumption high
Service centre sucks..
poor and delay on customer requests
No information sharing from SC to other SC
HU unit needs more improvements on touch sensitivity
Service centre and customer relations
Knowledge sharing on problem solvings
Tire quality to other better brand
- Superb ride and handling. Tackles every corner smoothly
- Loaded with many safety features
- 3 years free services (peace of mind)
- Stock tyres too noisy
- NVH not very good
- FC is abit high even for Turbo car
- Improve refinement and fit finish
- Change stock tyres to better one
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 21 May 2014
Ride & Handling
Wan Ahmad Fairuz
Suprima S Premium (2013)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
- Handling is superb.
- Acceleration is good
- Feel safe when cornering in wet condition (Traction Control play active role in car stability)
- Can tapau most of the car on the road. Very easy.
- Good suspension
- NVH not pretty good.
- Service center suck...! really...
- Finishing quality is not expected as this car is proton flagship.
- Rear diffuser should be little extended below to hide the muffler exhaust
- Android unit sometimes jamm
- Please please control the quality of product. Pleaseeeeeee...!
- Fuel lid holder during refueling.
- Ride & Handling are above average. Corner smoothly with minimal bodyroll.
- 5 Star Ancap, 6 Airbags with ESC + ISOFIX
- Smooth and Solid drive. (seamless gear changing)
- Power delivery & Acceleration comparable to any 2.0 to 2.4 N/A
- Android HU, (Any android apps can be installed)
-One of the best reverse camera u can get.
- Very Spacious with reasonable Boot Space for a hatch.
- Reasonable Features at a reasonable price.
- 5 years warranty & 3 years Free Maintenance with Parts
- mediocre NVH
- Due to Sporty Suspension, bumpy ride at rough roads.
- limitation of CVT gear box.
- overall Interior design
- Improve FC
- A Better Gear box setup.
- QC on Fit & Finish
- Improve quality of Service Center.
Handling & Features that come with the price tag for this car consider value for money. This car have give me a the things that i need which is good engine performance, great handling & stability, all those safety features such as ABD, EBD, Traction Control and 6 Airbags give me peace of mind when driving especially with my family members in it.
NVH not as good as Proton Inspira or even Proton Persona. Improve this car insulation and it would be perfect for me.
-please improved the service quality for the customer especially at the main service center (Proton COE).
-please get feedback from the first batch owner since this could help to solve any issues in future. A good offer or package for those pioneer or 1st batch owner would be great since they will be the ambassador to Proton in long term.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: