Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
-Great handling for the price range, far surpass CR-V from my test drive experience.
-One of the very few manufacturer that use Boxer engine for mass market.
-Great all time AWD system, a peace of mind when you want go dirt road to avoid traffic :v
-Fuel consumption is comparable to my 3 years old Iriz, for a C-Segment SUV
-Better NVH refinement than most rival
-Best visibility in class, minimal blindspot compare to ALL rival.
-Smoothest CVT in class
-Spacious for passenger, plenty of leg room and head room.
Lack some features that my Iriz had, despite 2x of the price:
-Lack auto-fold mirror
-Lack Auto-lock + auto unlock (for accident)
Boots space is smaller than rivals.
Add on the auto fold side mirror.
Add on the auto lock & unlock features.
Better performance tuning for the engine and transmission.
- Great handling
- Great suspension setup
- Smooth engine ride on highway & city drive
- Good safety features with 7 air-bags
- Huge interior space
- AWD system was superb
- Good visibility with large windows
- Great ground clearance
- Car accessories was a joke (reveres camera, head unit) was cheap and bad works-man-ship as the reverse camera fell off as they used double-side tape to sick on the car
- No lighting in the glove box
- Only one reverse light as for the other light was useless in urban drive
- Road noise feedback is bad
- Slow respond in CVT gearbox
- Improve sound proof
- Improve head units
- Improve reverse camera unit
- Improve after sales service
- Great handling coupled with comfortable and quiet ride in a well-balance body given such a tall car size.
- Completes with a good round of fixtures & accessories, i.e. steering responsive projector LED headlights, power driver & passenger's seats, auto headlights, auto rain wipers, power tail gate, illuminating lights at the lower front doors, 7" touch screen head unit with reverse camera, Cobra anti-theft security system & pre-installed Motorimage Metasat system (free for 1st year).
- Solid built body with 7 airbags and other active safety features.
- Well-tuned suspension meant for rough roads and challenging terrains.
- Very informative center display with various settings, inclusive of engine oil temperature, throttle opening ratio, Instant fuel consumption rate, all-wheel traction view, average fuel consumption for each trip & etc.
- Great visibility with large windows and spacious cabin.
- No lighting in the glove box! Lights are on every single button at the front dashboard, steering wheel & door panel, but not in the glove box?
- Signal stalk should be on the right hand side! This is a right hand drive car.
- There is only 1 reverse light at the back! Should have 2 to make a balance view as in tight parking spots, sometimes, on-coming cars couldn't see the car's single reverse light.
- 'AUTO' climate control keeps switching to 'Air Inlet' mode whenever preset temperature is attained.
- Fuel consumption rate is in L/100KM only! Should be interchangeable to KM/L.
- Kenwood head unit display is glaring and couldn't view the screen content when it is hit by direct sunlight.
- Car is slightly under power when pushing for higher speeds (>100 km/h) and climbing uphills at higher speeds.
- Car was bought in 2017 for a 2016 model. Always 1 year backdated.
- Lighting in glove box.
- To add another reverse light.
- Climate control 'Air Circulation' can be permanently be set.
- To give more premium tire e.g. Toyo Proxes T1 Sport SUV which is meant more for SUV. The Continental ContiMax MC5 seems not able to cope with the vehicle's weight and handling demand.
- Engine and gearbox to be tuned for better high-end free revving ability.
-Leather seats even on the lower models
-Big windows and tall car makes you feel safer on the road
-7 airbags best in its class
-Very stable on corners and on highway
-Tech accessories like eyesight is not available on the Malaysian version
-Car is not as reliable as other Japanese brands. (My car had problems not covered by Warranty on the first week!)
-After sales service is a joke (most of the staff are either incompetent or pretend not to be aware of your car problems) and is more expensive than most Japanese brands.
-Car rattles and road noise is very loud.
-Better & cheaper after sales service
-Make sure your cars are at least problem free in the first 1 year, but after 1 week? Come on subaru!
-Bring on eyesight
- All wheels drive, no need worried about road and weather condition
- LED headlamp, good visibility
- Interior space are good, nice headroom and legroom
- Small triangle window on A Pillar, good visibility
- Handling is superb because to Boxer engine.
- 7 airbags, best in is class
- Pin code access without remote control.
- CVT gear box slow response
- 2.0 L N/A engine slightly under power, but money worth value.
- Oversea market fitting more safety feature, eye sight, lane keep assist and etc
- Road and wind noise quite load
- Air condition circulate system auto off when temperature is low
- Should not consider CVT gear box
- Better sound-proofing
- Original audio system (Not Kenwood HU)
- Use space saver tyre better than original size tyre
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: