Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
* limited to Malaysian citizens and verified owners of the reviewed car. CarBase.my works with ISM Insurance Services to verify car ownership in order to ensure quality reviews.
5 Owner Reviews
Date Reviewed 17 July 2019
Ride & Handling
1.8 Luxury (2009)
Bought new, Owned for 5 Years
No Engine Sound, small and handy to drive, however due to the incident of the below. we do not think the Pros to purchase Toyota Prius Hybrid car Anymore!
Little Help in Malaysia for Owners of Toyotas With Hybrid Car Battery Warranty Problems.
We own a Toyota Prius 5 years, and battery break down after 5 years used, we had been servicing our car at UMW Authorized car dealer Wing Hing for passed 5 years and never service our car at third party workshop as we wanna eligible for battery warranty. However, sadly said our battery warranty had been rejected, the reason of rejection is cause we delayed our car service schedule.
Unfortunately we had not aware of delaying car service schedule will come to a consequences to void our battery warranty, if we had known that beforehand, we will surely follow the service schedule . We are not professional in car service maintenance whatsoever, and the service advisers had not mention or warned us, it will void the battery warranty. We express our disappointment and unfairness as a consumer to UMW and Wing Hin, however it is still being rejected.
I'm writing here to hope that our voice is being heard by public and draw attention to public. We are just a small owner of Toyota Prius and this is definitely unfair to a consumer.
Previously we had bought camry from Wing Hin and servicing our car at Wing Hin for the pass 8 years. We had never servicing our car at third party workshop, we are loyal customer. After this incident, we had totally lost confident to the car dealer and UMW. We will never ever chose Toyota Hyrid car again.
We hope this letter can be widely circulate and hope the car owner consider first before purchase Toyota Hyrid car. They might face what we are facing today and no one can help. We got to foot the bill ourselves. Thank you!
First of all is it duty free( but now no more), quiet cabin, powerful engine n electric motor(high tech), has a lot of things that seen on luXury car like head up display, LED light , DRL and keyless entry.
The car is too low itself , over bumper must be careful and there are a lot of rattling sound coming from plastic from the cabin, n this car didnt have 'head turning" effect as it itself is not a beauty( plastic cover for a rm145500 car).
I think quality of cabin need to be improved tremendously, the rim must be alloy wheel!
1. Very fuel efficient car either in city, highway or both. Average 4.8L/100KM (city + Highway), best record is 3.8L/100KM (highway).
2. Come with plenty of safety features e.g. 7 Airbags, Traction Control, ABS, Reverse sensor & camera, daylight LED lamp.
3. Spacious seating front & back, a lot of head room & leg room to stretch your hands, legs & muscles.
4. Plenty of cargo space, I can even load my mountain bike into it by just folding down the back passenger seat.
5. This car pack with tech goodies e.g. HUD, rain sensor, joystick like gear knob, digital speedometer, keyless entry, LED light front & back, JBL GreenEdge sound system. I like the HUD on the windscreen (driver side) whereby the driver can stay focus on the cruising speed without need to tilt the head down at the speedometer.
6. The cabin light auto turn on when I about to open the door. It dim off when I away after locking my car.
7. Overall good exterior look & interior finishing.
8. Very quiet & comfortable driving experience.
1. Car base is quite low, have to be drive very slow to cross the road bumps especially when the car is in full load with passengers. Perhaps why Toyota Prius are rank 1 of the aerodynamic cars with Cd 0.25.
2. Lack of Navigation system. Not a big problem though as I opt for Garmin GPS.
- Impressive fuel efficiency. Best record at 24KM/L. Low Emmisions.
- Good cabin room. rear passenger leg room are generous.
- Power mode bring above 2000cc kinda feel, even normal mode already not bad at all.
- Like the front view of the car.
- Safety at the top in Toyota line-up.
- Reasonably comfortable at 29 PSi Tyre.
- Too low, real slow down on every bump.
- Too quite in EV mode. Pedestrian hardly notice they are infront of a Prius. Light on in car park.
- The original wheel design is dull. Why it doesn't come with Prius 17" rims?
The car spec can be higher ,auto park, line keep assist? at least add the alarm button on the remote control, and if the remote air-conditioning added, all the owner will be much happier.
-the most fuel save car where i never seen in the world!!!
-i can hit over 800km near 900km with filling up full tank fuel with just RM75 only.
-lot of features never seen in this price range car(RM145500) likes head up-display,led day time running light,led headlamp,headlamp washer,7airbags,auto light and rain sensor and etc...
-low maintenance cost!!! now my car around 20k++km and the service cost just RM350 only...
-engine noise/rattle is obvious during idle when the battery is low and petrol engine kick in
-wind and road noise when up to 100km/h
-hard plastic interior quality causes many rattle sound in dashboard.
-car pick up is slow when use the electric motor
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: