Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Good torquey engine producing 220nm from a low 1,500rpm, very effortless when driving with a full load of ppl
Fuel Consumption quite good averaging at 12km/l considering i drove quite fast on the highways
High torquey motor from low rev makes a relaxed engine while cruising on hyway, doing just 2,000rpm at 120kph
the infamous DSG7 issues, mine has started juddering at 45,000km...will be replacing the clucth pack and currently waiting for parts (as usual, you need to wait for parts...bad ownership experience)
Service Centre is not on par wt say a toyota,honda, Merc...
Be prepared to take public transport since car will be stuck at service centre with lots of dsg issue...replace clutch, mechatronic...etc,....and no curtesy car from VW, so be prepare to take public transport
VW need more effort to improve its after sales experience....provide curtesy car to owner with car stuck in service center
Stock up with parts esp the clutch pack and mechatronic since VW shud have known this parts always breakdown...and the moment, owner need to waits weeks/months for clutch pack/mechatronic replacement (just stock up ler, this parts breakdown a lots and are needed most)
Unless you love taking public transport or you have lots of spare cars...do buy a VW, or else better steers away from this brand
- Drives like a sedan
- very practical in all aspects especially the seats are removable to maximize space
- economical and powerful engine
- very spacious and roomy inside
- don't feel underpower although the cc is small (1.4)
- feels very gripped while taking corners
- comes with 5-years unlimited mileage warranty (2+3)
- tyre profiles for front and rear are not identical (may have possible issues in tyres maintenance)
- no leather seats. customers would expect leather seats for that price
- no rear camera for such a big car
- heard and read a lots of mechatronic problems especially with the DSG
- leather seats should come standard
- addition of rear camera would be very helpful
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: