Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Next up in the three vehicle VW spread is the Passat, the changeover from the Jetta taking place in Ipoh. Jumping in from the latter, the shift in presentation with the seventh-generation B7, as its designated, was ...
I actually bought a 1.8 TSI Sports CBU model with sunroof, leather seats and lowered sports suspension.
- Very responsive engine/gearbox combo, especially after ABT Stage 1 tuning.
- Fuel consumption very decent for a 1.5 ton car and stays constant even after 8 years of operation
- Humongous boot space and came with full sized spare wheel.
- Build quality is excellent and does not feel like an old car even after 8 years. Some knobs and switches are still in use in newer B8 and B8.5 models without alteration.
- DSG gearbox clutch is very lasting, so far at 273500 kms without requiring clutch pack changes.
- Very decent front and rear cabin with plenty of legroom
- Exceptional stability at very high speeds.
- Slightly lacking in comfort, due to sports suspension.
- Some wind noise intrusion at medium to high speeds
- Rear tyres do not last long due to aggressive camber settings
- VW Service Centres do not stockpile parts, requiring long downtimes for certain repairs, even basic ones.
Malaysian service centres should be more aware of the need to stock parts. Some repairs take ages due to parts unavailability. Service advisors tend to forget to follow up on parts orders. Because of the long repair leadtimes these caused, the public is of the opinion that VW cars are unreliable when it was actually the service centres that created such a mess in the first place.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: