Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1) Muscular exterior and interior. Good styling for dashboard.
2) Excellent sound proofing and better than Japanese and Korean cars.
3) Lower price as compare to most 1.8 liter Japanese and Korean C-segment cars of the same year. Only RM108K in year 2012.
4) Equip with all electronics assists TCS, ESC, EBD, ABS and Semi-auto shift.
5) Service every 6 months. Latest Cruze service every 9 months with 5 years of warranty.
6) Big boot space and great for Malaysian family.
7) Good safety rating from EURONCAP and ANCAP. Full 5 stars ratings. EURONCAP is the highest safety standard in the world.
8) Excellent handling and body control.
9) Superb stability on highways top speeds.
10) Excellent sound n radio unit.
1) Acceleration a little bit slow because of the body weight but on highway speed is superb and no vibration.
2) No LED daylight.
3) Bad management by NAZA (NAZA is the sole distributor of Chevrolet cars for Malaysia) for Chevrolet 3S center in Malaysia. Lack of spare parts and quality mechanics or technician.
4) Bad call center for customer.
5) No pre-installed reverse camera or extra front/side sensors.
1) NAZA management should be more serious in promoting Chevrolet brand in Malaysia.
2) NAZA should keep theirs mechanics and technician well knowledge to service or repairs.
3) General Motors should be working together with NAZA closely in solving problem.
4) Make more accessories come standard with the car.
5) NAZA should provide more effort in customer satisfaction.
The image - muscular, handsome, sporty, fast and furious
The comfort - good suspension and superb handling
The price - affordable price tag, good maintenance price
The safety - the items given is sufficient at the price
The savings - fuel consumption is good for highway and urban drive
The paint quality of the bodykit - too bad cos after 30K KM, repaint 2 times, still have same problems, bad damage after fast drive cos of stonechips.
Change the supplier of the aftermarket accessories i.e bodykit...
Improve the service center for parts and customer service
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 2 June 2014
Ride & Handling
Dr Muhammad Faiz
LT 1.8 (A) (2012)
Bought new, Owned for 2 Years
After more than 1 year of using the Cruze, I think the fuel consumption is average for the 1.8 liter "eco" engine (RM90 for routine short distance use per week from Putrajaya to Bandar Baru Bangi).
1) Muscular exterior design and a non-boring dashboard with double tone fabric treatment.
2) Excellent NVH level during average speed (during non-racing situation).
3) Responsive electronic functions such as push start button, keyless entry, auto wipers, auto cruise, auto folding side mirrors, weather control aircond, etc.
4) Lower price as compare to most 1.8 liter Japanese and Korean C-segment cars of the same year. Only RM108K in year 2012.
5) TCS, ESC, EBD, ABS and Gear Shifter beneficial during long distance/high risk driving.
6) Quality paint job for the main body (metal area). Still shining like new until today after ordinary wash.
7) Nice pre-installed bodykit and 18' sport rim to enhance a sporty look.
8) A wide variety of Cruze exclusive accessories. Can be acquired via online purchase. Mostly quite cheap and acceptable quality.
9) Service every 6 months. Latest Cruze service every 9 months with 5 years of warranty. Cheap service (RM200) for the 1st 3 services.
10) Service Center always less people, only got to wait maximum 2-3 hours before the car get ready.
11) Satisfiable boot space especially for "Balik Kampung" journey. Otherwise the cabin is average.
12) Hard but heavy body frame. NCAP 5 stars in safety. But only got 2 airbags.
13) Brake disc for all 4 wheels.
14) Windscreen with pre-tinted upper visor.
1) Acceleration not as fast as other 1.8 liter C-Segment cars due to heavy body frame and non-turbocharged engine.
2) Handling mechanism is average on curvy roads. Preve and Japanese C-segment cars handle better.
3) Hard non leather stock seat. Got to put custom leather to make it comfortable.
4) My variant (Cruze LT Sport Edition) come with no touchscreen head unit (no GPS/DVD/Bluetooth).
5) No pre-installed LED DRL.
6) No pre-installed Halogen HID headlights.
7) No auto headlights.
8) No paddle shifters (only gear stick shifter)
9) No left foot rest pad for driver
10) No dual zone aircond (no backseat air blower)
11) Engine can suddenly roaring a hard noise when the gas paddle pushed more for take over/racing acceleration.
12) Chevrolet 3S Center still scarce in Malaysia. NAZA slightly overlooked this brand. Some spare parts require months to get.
13) Some told that the car got low after sale value but hardly to see people want to sell this car after a brief use.
14) No pre-installed reverse camera or extra front/side sensors.
1) NAZA must promote this brand aggresively. Advertise it more!
2) Give a choice of optional gadget installation. Do it as an add on package.
3) Please ensure the supply of certain spare parts.
Practical C-segment sedan
Handling on B roads are generally good
At highway speed limit, wind noise is acceptable
Comfortable cruiser on highway
The 1.8 engine is sluggish especially on hill roads
Only 2 airbags
As the car come fitted with 18" rims, the ride is a little bumpy
Tyre noise is intrussive (maybe due to tyre choice, currently fitted on firestone T700)
I hope they bring in the 1.4 L turbo variant and add the number of airbags
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: