Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- Good driving dynamics and feel of precise steering wheel
- Very good driving position
- Nice engine if you like high rpm
- Good coverage to avoid blind spots
- Easy phone connectivity
- GEARBOX IS TERRIBLE. This is first dual-clutch (Powershift) by Ford that basically does not know when is the best time to change gear. Usually after an uphill climb, it will continue revving high at lower gear for a while before eventually changing gears. Sometimes the engine can stall if not enough acceleration at uphill.
- Gearbox is jerky at low speeds
- Feels underpowered when bringing passengers
- Centre console display is outdated and keypad layout is not practical
- Front wiper coverage does not clean in front of passenger side (passenger cannot see when raining)
- No armrest for driver
- Seating position for front passenger not fully adjustable
- Cramped rear legroom space and limited headroom
- Difficult to install baby seat
- Small boot (though expected if you buy small car)
- Back windshield is difficult to clean with design of rear spoiler
- Fix gearbox issues
- Steering wheel materials should be improved as you touch this everytime
- Ford service should get faster
- Build assembly quality (this particular car has issues with door cannot open)
- Car acceleration is top notch (very very fast car!)
- Stable at high speed and superb handling
- Good sound system
- Packed with lots of features
- Decent noise insulation compared to similarly priced vehicles
- Legroom at the back is quite cramped
- Car may experience "jerking" when driven in low speed (especially during traffic jam)
- COOLANT LEAK in less than half a year of owning. Sent the car to service centre, they replaced the water pump. With the new water pump, coolant LEAKING issue persists. Sent the car another time for inspection, they say have to replace 'O' ring. Have been waiting for the part to arrive for two weeks, it hasn't arrived yet. Called the service centre, was notified that it will take another three weeks to arrive. Meanwhile, the coolant level continues to drop....
- Fuel consumption at low speed (especially during traffic jam) could be better
- After sales service could be improved. It takes SO LONG for a simple part to arrive
- "Jerking" issue of gearbox
- Reliability of the car!!! Japanese cars do not give any problems after years of owning!! Even Myvi (Malaysian made) also got no issues after so many years. The COOLANT LEAK issue of this car surfaced less than half a year of ownership :(
- GOOD LOW END TORQUE. It really helps with the low fuel consumption, due to not having to rev so high to squeeze out the power from the reserve. Pulling away from traffic feels effortless. It is very intoxicating.
- HIGH SPEED STABILITY. Driving at high speed, the ride is very stable and quiet, making you not realize how fast you are actually going. Trust me, going over the speed limit unnoticed is very likely to happen, especially on the highways.
- FUEL CONSUMPTION IS HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON HOW YOU DRIVE. Drive it sedately, and it sips fuel like an English Lady sipping on hot tea during tea time. Drive it like a hooligan, and it drinks fuel like a German lad drinking beer during October Fest. (Actually, it's not that bad. I usually got an average of 5.6L/100km for smooth driving, and 9.5L/100km for hard driving.
- SAFETY. With 7 airbags and a bunch of driver aids being offered in such a small car, there's nothing much to complain about. Just make sure you wear your seatbelts.
- REAR LEGROOM. It is a bit tight at the back, even after the front passenger or driver have moved their seats significantly towards the front. Shoulder room is also quite narrow.
- GEARBOX - while the gearchanges are superb during acceleration from standstill, the same can't be said during traffic jams. It sometimes judders especially during uphill crawl. Harsh shifting or rapid maneuvers in between traffic is not advisable, judging from the way the gearbox being quite hesitant and lagging in selecting which gear to use and what engine speed it wants to match it to.
- GEARBOX. A normal auto gearbox is actually quite relevant for Malaysia's hot climate and also traffic condition. It's more reliable, less jerky and provides faster reaction for rapid-changing driving pattern.
- DECALS. The decals are a tad too much. No need to place the word ECOBOOST all over the car. It creates a "cheap" image. Decent stripes and an Ecoboost Plate Name at the rear should suffice.
- DASHBOARD DISPLAY. The monotone center display looks outdated. Cars nowadays are normally equipped with touch screen display.
1.) good fuel consumption as i get 7.1L / 100km.
2.) goog performance ( tried with k3, elantra) overtake them in less effort.
3.) nice interior design
4.) very good technology and user friendly for the Ford user.
1.) less space (but dont get high expection on spacious space for a B segment ride.
2.) hard to look for another vehicle if i want to upgrade this fiesta to another ride... Ford pampered me and makes me too satisfied on this nice ride... unless i get the Focus...
- Handling is superb
- Respectable fuel efficiency. Benchmarked, went to KL and back from Penang with 1 full tank, RON 97. 697 km total mileage.
- Driver and passenger has comfortable leg room and space seated in front.
- The power coming from this 1.0L engine is unbelievable.
- Boot space is large for a compact car.
- The car generates power for quick acceleration when needed for overtaking.
- Microsoft Sync™ + Spotify (Bluetooth) = Awesome!
- Dual-Clutch is "known" to be jerky, but user's alternative approach is by "lightly pressuring the paddle (1-2cm)". The car "computer" will generate power to accelerate without jerkiness.
- A sudden force on paddle will create jerkiness.
- Rear seat legroom is narrow. Hard to fit in adults above 165 cm.
- Makes you impatient when stuck behind slow drivers. LOL!
- Internal LCD would be good.
- Better "ecoboost" sticker quality. They tend to peel off after 3-4 months.
- Manual transmission would give the "FUN" a bump up a notch.
As a owner of the 1.6NA for the past 3.5 years, I've just upgraded/downsized to the 1.0 EcoBoost.
The immediately feeling I get is that of smoother acceleration. The first thing my passengers notice is how I do not need to rev up high to get peak torque like how I used to with the old car. It has changed my driving characteristics somewhat. The low end torque is addictive and you do not notice how fast you put on speed. This is definitely a much faster car than the 1.6 and also the 1.5 I had as a loaner for a week. Handling wise, it's a Fiesta, which puts it right at the top of its class. Also, I feel that they've improved the gearbox a lot, the low speed juddering has been eliminated from my car.
This model comes with 7 airbags and full electronic safety systems. Definitely safer than most cars that cost more.
Boot space is small, but to be expected in a hatchback.
The 1.0EB engine seems to be louder especially during cold start idling.
Improve their after sales service which should improve their second hand value.
I lost almost 50% of my car value for the 1.6 when I traded in.
Ford Malaysia also must be ready to support this high tech little engine as it uses a special WSS-M2C948-B 5W20 engine oil. Not sure if all service centres have this particular lubricant or even if the service crew knows about this requirement.
- Solid build quality, even hard plastics looked good.
- 1.6NA engine is quite powerful yet smooth, revving sound is quite nice to listen. Engine noise only leaks in at 160KM/h.
- Superb handling, accurate steering, handles bumps nicely, great cornering stability and nice high-speed confidence.
- Decent NVH, cruising at 88KM/H (2000rpm) is a bliss, rain and wind noise well muffled.
- Sound system decent, Bluetooth function is great and simple to use.
- ABS, ESP, TC, too bad mine only have 2 air-bags but ESP is a must for me.
- Free 3-year maintenance service. I didn't pay anything for oil change, wiper, battery.
- Small cabin space and some passengers might feel cramped. Subject to each individual.
- 16" stock rims has odd size, less tire choices.
- Rear seats do not fold flat completely, could make loading long cargo tedious.
- Stock tires are quite loud but wet handling and braking is great.
- Fuel consumption can vary widely if driven hard.
- Gearbox has slight annoying grinding noise at low speed. Might jerk if you press and release accelerator too rapidly in low speed.
- Drive-by-wire system seemed to be slow occasionally, so you really need to press the accelerator decisively to gain speed to make a pass.
- A more refined and reliable gearbox. Mine is good but there are many reliability issues on dry dual-clutch across multiple car makers.
- After-sale services like 3S centers and spare parts logistics need to be expanded as soon as possible. Ford is bouncing back in Malaysia and they must expected to handle more customers in the future.
- Has amazing looks, both exterior and interior
- Really good on the highway and excellent handling
- Really nice ICU and useful MyFord system and outstanding speakers for those electric and smooth music
- Fuel Average of 350km for RM50
- The car that make you smile :D whenever you hit on the ignition
- Its not really good for traffic jam, the gearbox doesn't really work nicely for you
- Service Centres and after services aren't really up to expectation
- Passenger seat isn't really comfortable nor is the ride comfort for the passengers.
- NO FLAPPY PADDLE GEARBOX!
- Expensive spare parts?
- Alot of people complained about the gearbox issue and some users even successfully sued Sime Darby Ford for that manner.
Improve the service center
have more and better QA before allowing the car to go on sale
be more flexible with the after sales and warranty
Control the pricing? The MK7.5 is a bit more expensive than the previous.
Handling is awesome especially when cornering, suspension not too stiff and soft, just the right.
Young outlook and sportier
Very satisfy with it interior and ambient with foot well light.
Awesome sound system with six speaker and tweeter just right beside the door.
Powershift gear change just smooth when in accelerating and easily can go 140km/h, you will love gear change compare to traditional transmission.
Very good feature especially i like the rain sensing sensor which automatically turn it on for your during raining day.
Electronic stability control, hill start assist, auto lamp, push start button, rear fog lamp, capless fuel tank and SYCN with phone.
Free maintenance up to 3 years or 60,000 km include labor and oil change.
Rust drive shaft and exhaust system and some of the SC claimed this is common.
Gear change not as smooth as traditional type especially during traffic jam but for me just acceptable as i drove manual car before same as characteristic of manual gear transmission.
Spare part might be more expensive.
Heard a lot complaint on transmission leaking and cause clutch slip, not sure 2013 facelift model still with same issue or not.
Small cover at tow lug easily drop off.
2 air bags only for 1.5 liter version.
Improve SC service quality.
Keep more stock spare part for common issue items.
Extend transmission warranty to build buyer confident.
The car has impeccable handling, it drives sharp and corners without a fuss. The traction control, electronic stability program (ESP), ABS as well as EBD keep everything in check at the very edge of the cars physical limits. Voice control is very good but will seem rather gimmicky after some time. Dashboard built quality is good for its price point. Very minor squeaks and rattles. NVH is very good compared to most other cars within the same segment.
Very rough and unreliable gearbox, Had to be replaced very early since ownership. Clutch failure is common due to weak oil seals causing gearbox oil to wet the dry clutches. This leads to excessive juddering during stop-and-go traffic. Gearbox tends to be smooth at higher speeds.
After sales service is terrible, parts take 3 months to arrive. And very bad follow up from technical advisers.
Back seats not suitable for adults traveling long distances. Coupled with limited boot space makes it only suitable for singles or small families.
Improve gearbox reliability and after sales service, especially parts replacement lead time.
- Solid car
- Good noise insulation
- Good pickup even in high gear
- Superb sound system
- Fun to drive
- Good fuel economy can manage to average around 6.5L to 7L/100km when driven carefully.
- Problems with clutch ( even when changed )
- Jerking when in start stop traffic or when having full passanger
- Tyre noise can be heard from inside the cabin ( must be cause of tyre provided by dealer )
- Long wait when srvicing
- Have to improve the customer srvice
- clutch problems need to be improved too.
- Could have a projector headlamps
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 22 May 2014
Ride & Handling
Sport 1.5 (2011)
Bought new, Owned for 3 Years
Fuel Economy: 8.0 km/litre (12.5 L/100 km), RON95
The driving dynamics cannot be compared to others in its range with more sure-footed driving in everyday and spirited driving. Interior quality is also top notch with ease of use of every feature, various chubby holes to store all your knick-knacks, complete entertainment system with good connectivity and voice control. Besides that, maintenance is breeze with free maintenance up to 60,000kms (saves me alot of money) and warranty up to 100,000 kms. My car was purchased in 2011 and for only 88,888 MYR, it came with leather seats, body kit and 7 airbags.
The jerking gearshift in the lower gears during very slow drives
To replace warranty parts faster, to conduct callbacks with evident failure of the parts but instead they rely on buyers to do it themselves, give parts replacements within the warranty period (wiper, air filter, brake pads) even though it is not broken because after 60,000 kms it is bound to suffer some wear and tear.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 21 May 2014
Ride & Handling
Sport 1.5 (2013)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
Fuel Economy: 8.0 km/litre (12.5 L/100 km), RON95
- Fun and easy to drive for everyone
- Accurate SYNC voice activation (better than Siri)
- Great audio sound system
- Lots of suprises interior features such as ambient lighting, card & pen holder in glove box, car boot hooks etc.
- 3 years free maintanence with 5 years warranty
- Just 2 airbags
- No side skirt
- No sun glasses holder
After sales & service follow up calls from Ford Malaysia.
It's good to create more event for Ford owner's to understand more about the cars.
Who knows my next car is another Ford.
- Feels very solid and good handling (Precise steering wheel).
- Equipped with Traction Control, a must feature for better safety.
- Good sound system with Voice Command, Bluetooth and USB connector.
- Good NVH
- Problematic clutch.
- Not good at stop and go bad traffic situation, car may feels jerking.
- Takes to long for a service centre to for checking / rectify problems.
- Increase warranty period, as because the Dry Dual-Cluth is problematic.
- Parts can be expensive.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: