Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1. Best looking car (compared to Malaysian's favorite Camry)
2. Full gadget available for the car
4. DVD player & Hard Disk Drive (HDD) audio
5. Multi-angle reverse camera with guidelines
6. Intelligent dual zone aircond
7. Rear door sunshade
8. Earth Dream Engine
9. Good quality Leather used in this model.
10. Honda ANC is good idea and concept
11. ECO driving and meter guide - sometime make me feel wrong to drive fast and see the meter is not in green color (nice Psychological)
12. LED Headlight - feel like driving with high-beam all night
13. Honda Lanewatch
14. Good Fuel Efficiency for Highway drive
1. The Earth Dream is lacking direct injection - might be due to our fuel quality. BUT Mazda did bring direct injection Skyactive engine
2. Lack sound proof - can hear enough motorcycle exhaust during driving - compared to my family W211 E240
3. I-Mid sometime fee lagging to switch different radio preset station
4. 5 auto gear is soo outdated - should be 6 gears nowadays. Even BMW come out with 8 gear conventional automatic gb.
5. No memory set for our driver + passenger seat
1. Better Sound proof, follow like German Marque technique
2. Honda SC - some of it not handle case very well. Need to read through in internet for which Honda SC is recommended to go.
3. No systematic / online on the Honda SC system. Lets say I go to Honda SC "A" later next service to Honda SC "B" then, it purely depend on your book outlet. Different from Mercedes.
4. 5 years Free Service + Labor offer. Mazda can do with 3 years package, Peugeot with 5 years (certain model), why can't Honda Malaysia doing that?
1. Sporty looking body with well designed dashboard
2. Spacious interior
3. Comes with
- 8 inch TFT display
- Navigation system
- DVD player & Hard Disk Drive (HDD) audio
- Bluetooth with Hands Free Telephone
- Multi-angle reverse camera with guidelines
- Intelligent dual zone aircond
- Rear door sunshade
- Steering mounted controls
- Front & rear sensors
4. Carry over engine has sufficient power to carry 5 adults
5. Very comfortable back seat
6. Better spec than any other D-Segment rivals (within the same price bracket)
7. Availability of many 3S / 4S centre - only requires 48 hours advanced notice to book your desired service slot (depending on service centres)
8. Spare parts are always available
1. Build quality - obvious gap between body panel
2. Body paint - easily scratch
3. Stiff suspension – a fair bit of jolt when driving on road with poor surface (if you have back ache, use an additional seat cushion to absorb the jolt)
4. Sound insulation is not up to par (for a RM150k car)
5. High fuel consumption for city driving
6. Only 2 airbags
7. Body roll around corners
8. Shorter legroom for front passenger (compared to driver's legroom)
9. No height adjustment for front passenger seat
10. No memory function for driver's seat
11. Rear seat not 60:40 foldable
12. Navigation map needs updating / enhancement
13. Carry over engine from previous model with only five-speed
14. No paddle shift
For upcoming facelift model (2015/16):
1. Provide better build quality, more stringent QC
2. Provide better scratch resistant paint
3. Improve sound insulation
4. Replace 5-speed auto with 6-speed auto
5. Minimum 6 airbags please
6. Add more features like
- Lane Watch (as per 2.4 VTi-L)
- Auto Levelling Headlights (as per 2.4 VTi-L)
- Speed Sensitive Volume Control (as per Honda City)
- Memory function for driver's seat
Lane watch is very much help, the leather-seat is comfortable, high speed stability on the highway is good (160 km/h and above), the ECON indicator always reminds me not to put my foot heavier on the acc. paddle, all time design I guess, lasted for two generations at least, reverse sensor make my day easier, no need to look back most of the time.
The suspension is quite firm for a car in this segment + the 18" rim on 235/45 R18 tire feels stiff for me. Tire roar is almost unacceptable when driving more than 110km/h. prefer more supple ride. 17" rim with 225/55 R17 with softer compound tire is a better option. the screen on the dashboard is easily scratched when wiped or touched. the paint easily fall off especially at the front bumper and bonnet due to small stone and debris when driving at hi speed.
make the ride/suspension better (e.g :Lexus ES250), reduce tire noise and improve cabin insulation.
1) Good lively revving engine compare to previous generations.
2) Nice engine note.
3) Smooth gear box.
4) Comfy rear seat and roomy cabin.
5) Steering is responsive and feel good at high speed.
6) Nice exterior design although w/o body kits (except I had rear ducklip spoiler installed, looks sportier!)
7) 18 inch rims look good
8) Fuel consumption is good (Gombak to rawang everyday gives me 11~12km/l (Full tank 680km ~ 740km)
9) Gotta love the Honda Lanewatch! Can't drive without it now!
10) Less tires rolling noise compare to previous generations
1) Built quality - the gaps (exterior panels) are too "unacceptable"!
2) Parts QA/QC - my front RHS absorber had given me squeaking noise when I passed thru road hump! (New absorber has arrived and ready to get in, a month of waiting for the part though.)
3) Outdated GPS
4) Rear air-cond ventilation is weak.
5) Again, built quality interior... a huge gap between rear passenger seat lumbar support and thigh support after a month...
6) Rattling noise from dash board/rear speaker after 3 months. (Couldn't allocate the exact location)
7) Active noise control doesn't seem encounter well to the trucks/motorbikes exhaust noise...
8) Airbags 4 nos < City's 6 nos
9) 5 speeds is kinda outdated; prefer at least a six-speed!
10) Some Honda Service centers are like "is ok if some owners don't go there for service, repair, etc."
I personally think the Germans nail it right for the i-MID control knobs which they usually place it beside driver (somewhere behind gear lever); this location does not attract driver from driving and makes it easier for driver to use without changing driving posture.
Noise leveling could be better; Honda, please make better insulation at door card, rather than spending R&D on ANC.
CKD plant does not give excuses for poor built quality; panel gaps, dash rattling noise, fit and finish, etc.
Extra note: I am not sure if Honda Malaysia Plant has started using 3-wet paint finishing system like Ford. Somehow I feel the paint is easy to get chipped/peeled off...
Affordable D segment car
Relatively Good handling even with a less firm suspension than mazda 6.
Better power delivery than I originally expected
Quiet and better looking than its main rival
VSA even in the lowest spec, the main reason I get this car over its main rival
Good leg room
Steering rack problem
Air cond 'duub' sound each time the air cond compressor turn on and off during the ride
Start to hear the so called cross wind noise when going over a bum.
Worse fuel consumption as originally expected. I.e from review
well, different car maker gives different spec, but the accord just gives the perfect equipment that meet my needs
the spec is just nice compared to camrx such as build in GPS, reverse cam, bluetooth, DVD and so on
the reverse camera has 3 angle view: bottom, wide angle, normal views
front park sensor, auto headlamp with auto-off timer
the Accord DRL LED is nice and attractive
stylish tail lamp with LED, nice looks
the control knob located on the central console just feel "shiok"
the 8' large screen gives mobile cinema feel
the background color of the 8' screen and head unit touch screen is changeable, 3-color modes
the meter rounded with "fuel economy indicator" which changing react with ur pedal pressed.
i personal think that the power is responsive, comes when i need, compared to camrx
good handling, very solid
the door closing sound very solid, the feel very near to continental car
very spacious at the rear, 3.5 fist from my knee to the front seat
boot very large and neat
foldable rear seat
rear seat is soft and comfort, and also with door sunshade
the chromed garnish located at the centre bottom of rear bumper looks sporty and special.
harder suspension than camrx, less comfort but better handling
turning radius at 6m
engine layout is messy
its sad that LED headlamp for 2.4, but halogen for 2.0 which not even HID
tidy up the engine layout and cover with a engine cover for tidy look
offer HID for 2.0VTi-L
- Big space, very good rear leg room
- Good design especially with the DRL, looks young for a D-segment car
- NVH is much better compared to 8 Gen
- Fuel efficiency is good for a NA non-direct injection engine
- Good amount of accessories including GPS, blue tooth, DVD, smart entry with push start
- Balanced handling and comfort, the suspension setup is not too soft or too hard
- SC availability is very good and good after sales service
- A bit underpower for the 2.0 version, car is struggling for low end torque due to the weight
- When heavy raining, the roof is very noisy (attap roof sound) that could affect the car music and hardly hear passenger's voice
- Voice recognition sometimes automatically deleted all the settings, has to redo settings from time to time
- GPS map is outdated
- Touch screen area is finger print magnet
- Low airbag count
- Increase the number of airbags to minimum 6 across all variants to match with most of the competitors
- Improve roof sound insulation
- Update GPS map
-Interior and exterior more elegant, suite to young adults+
-Long lasting car with minimum maintenance cost and spare parts
-10k service internval & many appointed service centre
-Adequate power and normal fuel consumption on city and highway road
-Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) could be better
-DVD/Media files only can be play when apply footbreak
-Door close sound not so solid as before (klekk)
-Need extra airbags (other county get it)
-Pls don't remove extra features like other county get - CVT, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning system, memory seat etc
- Stylish design from Honda + constant polish-waxing treatment always caught a lot of attentions !
- Pick-up torque is simply the best in its class after I tested others although it's only 2.0 i-Vtec !
- Engine and gearbox works harmonically and leave only a satisfied driver after the accelerator is stepped !
- Steering size and tightness is just perfect for everyday driving !
- Highway cruising with family is simply awesome thanks to the spacious interior, comfortable leather seats and the amazing audio system !
- Interior design stands out compared to others, luxurious and sportiness looks and feels blend well together so that I won't feel boring when I enter the car although it's been driven for 3 years plus and so on!
- In terms of driving stability in windy road, highway cruising or bad weather driving, Honda Accord really brings confidence and sheer driving pleasure !
- It has the capability to cruise 1000km with only a full tank (70 litres) of RON 95, when I had my holiday in Perlis from KL! Impressive!
- Rear dashboard has squeaky noise while driving in a bumpy road, I fixed it myself !
- Lag of features like adaptive HID head-lights on 2.0 VTi-L, rain-sensors, air-bags count and many more.
As mentioned above, more features should be insert to 2.0 VTi-L since it is the most famous spec to buy.
Hopefully Honda will sell their original sport rims in their showrooms so that my car could have an upgrade from its 16 inches rims.
- For the 2.0L engine, it generates enough power to accelerate
- Very spacious and if you are looking for a comfortable ride from North to South or vice versa, this is the best
- Much improved from the earlier generation where leg room space is improved with the some classy finishes on the dashboard and door trims.
- The cutting edge technology especially on the navigation, in car telephone, advance audio system and smart entry system, is a thumbs up for a D-Segment product.
- Most Honda Service Centers are 3S now, so it's also easily available and you do get customer service
- Worth the money paid to purchase and service is every 10,000km, so that's a big jump for Honda
- Weird to mention this, but yes, when it rains heavy, the passenger beside can't be heard, what more in car audio, with a thin roof, though with NR in place
- Only 2 air bags and for the price paid, 6 air bags should be mandatory
- Accelerating power
- More compartment (storage) to be looked into
- Manumatic transmission for the 2.0 VTI-L should be mandatory
- good handling
- good interior design with easy access on buttons
- spacious interior, with lots of leg space
- 5 years unlimited warranty by Honda Malaysia
- bad FC with average Rev
- no auto wipers / HID Bi-Xenon
- low quality interior (plastic based)
- bad insulation
Although this is CKD, Honda could really pay attention to the build quality of this vehicle. I have been with Honda for almost 7 years now (first was 8th Gen Civic) and i was not really satisfied with the overall quality of the car. Nevertheless, it's value for money but again, quality should not be compromised. Design could get your up there but definitely not for long.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: