Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- affordable 7 seater
- suv look, mpv space, sedan driving
- neat fuel consumption
- excellent suspension
- gorgeous alloy rims and good 16" tyres
- smartly folding seats
- at RM90K, you'll get ignition start button, keyless entry and boot, rear view camera, leather wrapped seats, gear knob and steering, auto headlamps, LED daytime running lights
- all relevant safety features are intact: stability assist, ABS, EBD, airbags
- it shares several unique DNA of other Honda cars: steering wheel (Civic FD), dashboard (Jazz), engine (City), fascia (CR-V)
- timid rearside
- no auto folding wing mirrors
- stripped off LCD clock function
- gets noisy at over 100kmh
- rear of the car needs an SUV look
- add automatic function to wing mirrors
- reinsert LCD clock, centre armrest
- improve cabin insulation and filtering
- get EEV certification
- WISHLIST: Introduce a higher variant BR-V that offers 1.8L engine, gps, cruise control, paddle shifters, 6 airbags, 17" alloy rims, front-back disk brakes, LED headlamps, front door touch-based keyless entry
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 12 October 2017
Ride & Handling
1.5 V (2017)
Bought new, Owned less than 1 year
Fuel Economy: 14.5 km/litre (6.9 L/100 km), RON95
Large spacious with 7 seaters, Economical (especially due to CVT transmission) comfortable for long distance at the first 2 rows of seats but can be bouncy at the rear. Aircond is cold and added advantage of the Auto Aircon feature. Drive position is good with steering tilt adjustment and driver's seat for height adjustment. Comes with Auto Light sensor for both E and V variants. Electric steering is good with positive feedback especially at higher speed. Has bright DRL built into the headlight units. Vehicle Stability Sssist (VSA) is give assurance of good handling even when turning in windy roads. I like the digital multi information meter where it gives Avg fuel consumption, distance per tankful, vacuum pressure to monitor prudent driving. Rear bulkhead aircond blower is added bonus so that the rear passengers get the enjoy the cool airconditioning. The middle row seats can slide so as to allow for taller passengers enough legrooms. Lots of bottles/cups holders (11 in total). It also has a manual headlight tilt adjustment in case the load is heavy. Overall, I am happy with my decision to have purchased this car partly because it is value for money with such a large space and enough power for carrying 7 passengers.
The infortainment have limited functions and especially no mirrorlink to my Android or IOS devices and you have to buy special HDMI to micro USB (sometimes called the MHL cable) No GPS capability. The headlights and fog lights are all still the old fashion yellowish halogen bulbs.Honda should have upgrade to LED lights like the high spec HRV or City. The rear lateral red bar should be fitted with LED to give a lateral statement in design. The central bulkhead aircond blower is very noisy even with low and medium fan speed. There are currently no cabin air filter fitted which is not acceptable as the cabin cooling coil will be clog with dust very quickly so I had to pay my aircond mechanic to get this done at my cost. The wind and tire noise intrusion is acceptable but get really bad past 110kph.
The headlights and fog lights should all be in LED bulbs so as to follow current car design trends plus it conserves energy as well.
The middle overhead bulkhead aircond blower should be more silent in operation for more comfort. Honda should research into mitigating the cabin noises intrusion from wind and tires and sound proofing to all external panels will help cut down noises too. I would like to see the driver/passenger central arm rest cum storage compartments with built -in USB outlet for device charging.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: