Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- good overall packaging VS similar range in Malaysia
- spacious regardless for driver, rear passenger and rear boot space
- capable turbo engine adequate for urban and freeway accelerate and cruise, yet able to be economical if driver wants to and can behave
- lesser rate of quality defect VS some manufacturers
- driving experience not as joy as mazda3
- stripping away many good features, but the most unacceptable for me, is the exclusion of passenger airbag disable function
- too bad Malaysia don’t get SENSING in top spec, else I would go for it
- the Econ button feels more like comfort mode button, I use it mainly because it’s delaying acceleration response, which better for riding passengers especially family with kids and elders.
- bring back the safety features
Good fuel efficiency, average 13.1km/litre for 100% city drive
Impressive cabin and interior space
Auto brake hold very useful when in traffic jams
Rear aircond vents
For the price and specs given, it's value for money.
Obvious road noise
Fold down rear seats
Honda need more service center to cater for it's exponentially sales growth
- Very good fuel economy. (Fuel consumption is better then my old Myvi 1.3 manual.)
- Compared to Honda Accord, the suspension is on the softer side. Comfortable ride for the family.
- Very spacious rear seats and outstanding legroom.
- For 1.8 spec, does not feel under powered. Engine revs at ~3000 when cruising at 150kmh on highway.
- Super smooth CVT.
- Compared to 1.5 turbo, I feel 1.8 version should be cheaper to maintain and less issues. 1.8 engine has a proven track record.
- Super cold aircond and powerful ac blower.
- Spacious boot. Boot lid closes easily without much force. Some say this is not solid, but I prefer it this way as you do not need to smash the boot lid every time you want to close it.
- Quality of assembly can be improved. Noticed gaps between front headlamps and front bumper. This can be easily fixed during your scheduled servicing.
- Loud road noise when driving at higher speed. This is more obvious for rear passengers. Suspect it is due to the stock Conti MC5 tyre which has a harder compound.
- Head unit is a bit buggy when using Android Auto. Honda needs to update the firmware.
- Poor sound quality from the stock speakers.
- Rear seats not foldable.
- Door cup holder (front and back) is a bit small. Only fits small/slim water bottles.
- Please make the rear seats foldable like the US version. This is not type R Civic.
- Please provide better speakers and head unit.
- Larger cupholders.
- Ride & Handling. Very stable at high speed around 140km/h to 160 km/h. Well weighted and balanced steering especially on winding kampung roads. Steering is light around city and great for parking in tight spaces. Conti contact MC5 grips very well no matter the road condition.
- Engine performance. Good response from the turbo and VTEC combo when overtaking and climbing steep hills. Very low turbo lag. Torque is useable max torque at 5000 no need to rev high.
- Transmission. One of the best CVT gearbox at the moment. Whining sound is minimal. Sports mode and paddle shifters is a nice feature. Synthetic shift points sounds ok to my ears .
- Noise,vibrations and harshness. Suspension is well tuned and balanced.
-Design. One of the best design for a C-segment. Eye catching exterior, drive it along a busy area lots of people will look at your car especially car enthusiast and women. Interior is well designed and muscular at the same time.
Fuel consumption - Econ mode is ok, ok response not to sluggish like a vios. Around highway 14.3km/l is possible when driving around 110km/h to 130km/h with A/C on. Around city expect to get around 13 km/l
Interior & Features- Android Auto is a nice feature to have, good user interface with speedometer integration e.g. google maps and spotify. Headroom and legroom is one of the best in its class. Materials used is ok for its price range. The back up camera and sensor is great. Decent interior storage space
-Safety. Basic safety feature e.g. VSC,TC and 6 airbags is standard across the range.
- Quality. Some bad workmanship and cost cut materials is used. For example near the door hinges, poor sealant installation near the spare tyre and materials around the wheel arches. CKD fit and finish is not up to Japan standards. Ticking sound when high bass music is played, near drivers side i suspect its from the speakers. Steering wheel control buttons is very sharp and very plasticy.
- Features. Auto brake hold is a bit jerky to use around stop and go traffic. Android Auto is a bit buggy, sometimes spotify app froze. WhatsApp messages can only read and reply english messages only.
Alarm goes off randomly if the last close doors is not the driver's door. BEFORE you lock your car you need to open and close the drivers door if the passengers doors and trunk is open before to avoid random alarm.
- interior. Lack of foldability for the rear seats and no ski hatch cmon lah even Bezza got it. Lack headrest support. No auto wipers. FM Radio user interface is not intuitive, no radio station information and radio station list needs to updated manually.
- Value. The high spec premium car is rm10k more compare to the standard turbo variant and you only get LED fog and headlight, dual zone and chrome door handles. For 10k more i aspect Honda wii at least equip it Lane departure or collision warning or premium audio or sunroof.
Build quality and material quality
Fine tuning the auto brake hold function.
Add foldable rear seats and headrest support
Better equipment for top spec variant
My rating is based on what Civic offered among its class.
Entering the 3rd day of ownership of this car, never regrets. This car is absolutely superb in terms of performance, exterior & interior design, modern-tech, comfort and safety.
1.) 1.5 CVT Turbo - With 170hp/220Nm recipe, this car drive seamlessly and overtake effortlessly. It is responsive and the turbo is felt at its minimal level.
2.) LED headlights - Giving you clear and bright views during night time. Haven't really see any others players in its class offers LED headlights, I'm not 100% sure tho.
3.) ECON button - While turning this on, you need to press slight harder for more power. In other words, it helps you to save fuel for not letting accelerate hard.
4.) LCD Display - This thing is absolutely gorgeous and informative. I really like how they design the temperature and fuel gauge. Look into its details, it is really very nice.
5.) Safety Features - 6 Airbags, VSA and Emergency Brake Signal etc, bunch of vital safety features which is one of the reasons I considered to take this car.
6.) Handling - It handles great on the road. With 1.2 turning ratio, it steers responsive and direct.
7.) Spacious - Surprisingly it is very spacious at front and rear despite the sloping rear design. Headroom and legroom are great at both sides.
8.) Remote start - Brilliant feature that none in its class has this features. Say you parked under sunny weather for lunch, you can remote-start 5 minutes before you enter the car.
9.) Fuel efficiency - Although I haven't finished my first-filled tank, so far I ran 230km+, still left 65% of fuel.
Well, there are still some cons in this car I found but they were overwhelmed by the pros so I really satisfied with this 2016 Civic.
1.) Brake - Its brake is not really up to my expectation given its power output, sometimes I will be afraid of driving at high speed of this car/
2.) Auto brake-hold - It helps you to hold your brake if you come to complete stop but there's situation where you stop and go immediately because of the vehicle in front of you starts to go. Then, this auto hold holds the brake while you're on the move, making you stop unintentionally and there will be weird noise coming from your brake. Therefore, I seldom use this function already.
3.) Sounds system - It didn't provide a better sounds system despite choosing the highest variant, at least come as an option so consumer will have a choice.
It's very difficult to find something to dislike about this car... Honda really did a very good job this time round with this Civic.. It's hands down, best in it's class in terms for "Bang for Buck"
Very honestly, I do not, I repeat, I do not regret buying this car.... It's absolutely brilliant at its price point and it's a step ahead compared to all other cars in its segment. Comparable to my friends A3, it's better if not the same.. ;P
-interior feels premium (feels more like a German car instead of a Japanese car) mixture of soft plastic and hard plastic all round.
-(apple car play is a huge plus)
-handling is superb and very responsive...
-petrol consumption is great
-Boot space is huge!
-acceleration never disappoints (non turbo variant)
-Safety features (too many to list, and they come as standard across the board)
-roomy interior (especially for the back passengers)
-handsome exterior looks.... Very gorgeous..... Looks like a long hatchback....
-rear air cond vents!!!! Big Plus!
-leather steering wheel and leather gear knob.. =)
-GREAT FAMILY SEDAN
No matter how awesome this car is.... I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said My Civic is PERFECT.
-fabric used for seats seem to be a little thin, compared to my CRV's fabric seats... (Cut cost?)
-non foldable rear seats..... Unable to load long items like curtain rods etc...
-no lights for the vanity mirror....
-too low for elderly people....
(It may be a good thing for the Centre of Gravity, but it'll not be your parents/grandparents favourite car to enter and exit)
-no android auto yet..... (Android, why are you always so slow? Can you be more like apple?)
-settings for the car's extra features aren't that straight forward.
-rear Doors do not open 90degrees, so.... Entering and exiting may be slightly difficult.
-the plastic buttons on the steering wheels are mediocre and not great.. They could be way better....
(Not much travel in them and it's just not satisfying enough.... Plasticky......
-Honda, do something about Android Auto in Malaysia!
-Please give us the option to fold our rear seats? Instead of putting a bar right across it... We could use the extended space which is already available.
-Buttons on the Steering wheel, next generation, perhaps... Have better materials?
-Fabric seats.... Get more thread for the seats? Don't be so stingy Honda... =P
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: