- Alfa Romeo Aston Martin Bentley Borgward Bufori BYD Caterham Chana Chery Chevrolet
- Citroen Ferrari Fiat Ford GAC Great Wall Haval Infiniti Isuzu Jaguar
- Jeep JMC Lamborghini Land Rover Lotus Mahindra Maserati Maxus McLaren MG
- MINI Mitsubishi Neta Peugeot Porsche Renault Rolls-Royce Skoda smart SsangYong
- Subaru Suzuki Tata Tesla Volkswagen Volvo
Honda Civic FE1 (2022-Present) Owner Review
Share your experiences with the Honda Civic - Write an owner review
Do you own the Honda Civic? As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life.
Share your experiences with the Honda Civic and help others in the market for a car like this.
4 Owner Reviews
21 June 2023
-Value for money. At least it was during my research to buy a car back then.
-The front look. Oh I just love the front. Simple and pleasantly sculptured in my eyes.
-The cabin is spacious enough both front and rear legroom.
-Air conditioner performance is great. Fast cooling time and 25c of temperature certainly good enough for you to feel comfortable.
The interior is so appealing mainly on instrument panel design. Good material quality overall with soft touch on the upper side of instrument panel.
- Reachability of all buttons, switches, knobs control are well-placed. Ergonomically, it's good.
- The driving position is almost ideal for me. It feels composed.
- Performance-wise is superb for this price range. Powerful engine at 180hp with 230Nm torque.
- Love the handling, steering is precise and well-weighted. Smooth during maneuvering /cornering.
- The Honda Sensing package is well-equipped for me. I utilized almost everything they offer. ACC, LKAS, LSF, LDW and etc.
- Good fuel consumption (6.6L/100km). I owned A180(W176) before, and I can feel the immediate saving in term of fuel consumption. It really made my day knowing that, your car is good at sipping gas but also has power whenever needed.
-Lastly, spare parts are easy to find I supposed. After all, it is Honda.
-Front sensor goes haywire as it produces annoying sound and alert on display whenever there is a car in front of you particularly in congestion or simply while waiting for traffic light. What makes it weirder, it only happen if the car in front of you either Civic 10th gen or current CR-V.
Went to SC and the counter measure is you have to turn off the front sensor switch. Easy.
-Body paint seems to be too thin. even the smallest stone chip already reveal the steel body material color. and of course. rust.
-Small glove compartment for a c-segment sedan.
-Both front seat cushions are surprisingly too thin/firm in my opinion. I reckon you add aftermarket cushion for a long drive.
-No Blind Spot Monitor(BSM) is wrong move by Honda. Lane watch merely just a camera. No warning/alert sound to indicate there is a vehicle in your blind spot area.
Camera quality also doesn't make it better.
-Wind noise around a-pillar area is too apparent. Especially when you go beyond speed limit. My wife's rm60k Myvi gen3 has better NVH at that area compared to my rm138k Honda Civic.
-Cameras are lack of quality especially for reversing and Lane Watch. Please improve. Seriously.
-Dual zone air conditioner would be appreciated.
-No Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) is a bit let down.
-Rear look is not that bad. It just can be better. For the sake of this renowned nameplate.
20 June 2023
1. Powerful engine in its class
2. Low fuel consumption. i have driven on highway KL to Penang @ 21km/l driving sedately within speed limit. that is as low as an axia.
3. Stable handling. able to handle high speed curve well. Driven 298km from KL to Penang with only 2 hours 20 mins but that is during midnight with no car at @ 10km/l fuel comsumption.
4. Good interior material quality. soft touch material and leather lining every where.
5. Good media system. at least not CRT monitor as in other competitors.
6. Lane Keep Assist keep the car centered unlike previous gen where it ping pong between the white line.
1. ACC need better improvement. Sometime it is unable to detect cars in front and accelerate close to the car in front and had to slam on the brake. If there are motorcycle beside you speed up, it will assume the traffic ahead is clearing up and speed up as well but the traffic is still packed. Happened a few occasions.
2. Too low slung, the car will scrape the speed bum in my taman.
3. Front seats are hard and thin. butt aching after 1 hours drive. Need extra cushion.
4. Dashboard rattling at high speed. Which reminds me of Iriz and Persona
5. Fit and finishes not good. Seat side panel cames off and cant be properly put in.
6. CVT get hot when drive aggressively. You can feel the heat at the cup holder. At least it can keep your coffee warm.
7. BSM not included. Lane watch is half baked.
2. Better fit and finishes. Atleast no rattling dashboard.
3. Better programmed ACC to suit Malaysia road.
4. Better stock wiper. It worn off after a few months
5. Better battery. Wet cell battery provided stock. You need to top up battery water every where and then.
29 May 2023
Fast, fun, and great looks. It's also affordable for its performance and regularly receives positive attention. Best overall Honda Civic for the price and power, the engine is proven, done and tested and has plenty of potential and can be tuned up to 260whp with stock turbo and some additional parts, looks great and ages well, lots of aftermarket parts available. Coming from 1500cc, this figure is damn good.
i can't think of any other than if it will break down often when its older
CVT need CVT Cooler to be installed in order for its longevity
Bolster seat need improvement
10 May 2022
-Honda sensing is the most I enjoyed the most, low speed function is very convenient when driving in city traffic jam
-sportiness, it is fun to drive this car, not too sporty like FC or too soft like the T brand.
- the power is immediately when it hit the throttle
- rear-seat legroom is also one the best in its class. the rear cargo also
- abundance aftermarket accessories
-interior build quality , the door panel can be squeezed by leg & centre armrest area quite shaking
-thigh support for the front seat
- NVH is quite bad, the road noise, wind noise and tyre noise. especially if you speeding more than 120kmh
-No 360 camera
-No BSMS, only lousy quality left camera for honda lanewatch
-quality of paint , too thin
-single aircond zone and half digital metre cluster - really honda Malaysia ?!
-increase the size of the thigh support