Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1. Best design and quality interior in its class
2. You gotta admit, the exterior design looks stunning too
3. Very fuel efficient (Easily 12km/L in 100% city driving)
4. Comfy front seats with great lower back support
5. Handling is one of the best in its class
6. Sport mode + paddle shifters for the occasional spirited drives
7. MZD Infotainment system is easy to use
8. Decent engine performance with one of the smoothest gearboxes
1. Relatively cramped interior space (Compared to class leaders such as Honda Jazz)
2. Rear passenger headroom and legroom does not accommodate tall passengers (over 180cm)
3. Very small boot space
4. Slightly bumpy ride in the rear at times due to high PSI tyres
5. Stock halogen headlights are below average in terms of brightness
6. Long bonnet (although it is also what gives the car its good looks)
- Would have been nice if Bermaz gave us the classy looking LED + Projector headlamps
- MORE AIRBAGS PLEASE. COME ON, IT'S 2016 ALREADY. 2 AIRBAGS IS A JOKE. At least you gave us stability control so that's not too bad, unlike some of its other competitors (hint: Polo 1.6)
- Judging by other owner reviews here, thankfully I did not go for the RM1.2k optional navigation software!! Why not just use Google Maps or Waze. It's free and works perfectly.
Best in class interior with leather seats
Good looking dashboard
Cool and useful HUD to keep eyes on road
Paddle shifter + manual shifting for maximum control
Sport mode to hold onto lower gear (otherwise car up shifts very early to save petrol)
Easy to park because of small size and with reverse camera
Fuel economy monitor
Good power when using RON97
Poor legroom for rear seats (can't seat 3 grown man comfortably at the back, especially for long journeys)
Only 2 airbags
Needs RON97 for more torque and better power
USB port cannot be used for phone charging, need to buy separate usb adapter
more airbags for safety
auto headlight/ wipers
no comment on GPS, need to pay extra RM1200
This is a car not for everyone , it's a car design focus more on the driver instead the passengers. If you looking for comfortable family cruiser , stay away from it.
1) Fuel consumption (Best : 4.5L/100km , Worst 6.8L/100km)
2) Good and refine engine. Sufficient amount of low end torque to pull the car nicely (not comparing to turbo)
3) 6 speeder gear box. (Perform like a CVT when u drive smoothly , u get the gear shift direct feel when u change gear at top end.)
4) Classy interior
3) The strongest point will still be HANDLING (even thought it comes with very high PSI in the tires) , i am surprised how good this car handle the corners. if you think Iriz is good then you havent try Mazda 2.
4) Rear look of the car
5) Good EPS with decent feedbacks
6) classy interior
7) Good driving position.
8) keyless system (jz walk off then the car will lock itself)
As mentioned above , this car is focus more on driver so most of the cons will be something related to passenger
1) Bumpy Ride. (driver will not feel uncomfortable but not for the passenger especially back passengers, full load tires pressure : F 38 PSI , R : 48 PSI )
2) Mazda Connect is not what u call user friendly.
- Radio will not auto look for signal except u DIY , they cant detect radio name too.
- No radio channel 1 , 2 ,3 ; only got favourite
- When sms come in , it took 5 mins to download a sms (some time error)
- it cant detects some contacts in your phone.
- GPS outdated (it shows i stay at somewhere in the jungle) , i paid rm1.2k for something outdated.
3) Glove box uneven gap so it make little noise when drive through uneven road.
4) Rare tire size 185/60/16. Checked major tire manufacturer website , they don bring in this size 0.o
5) Soul red colour is very difficult to take care if your are frequent traveler like me.
6) The halogen reflector light is below average in term of brightness. ( I don mind without the fancy projector light but i jz wan a good headlight to brighten my view)
7) stop start sometime can be jerky
8) if you place a bottle at the middle cup/ bottle holder, it will block ur hand if u try to use the analog to control your Mazda Connect
9) I dont like the front look. (yeap i not joking)
10) Free service is not really free too.
I really love this car , one of my best buy. As for the Cons i mentioned above , actually it's nothing serious and some of you guys may not even notice it.
1) More POWER !!!!
2) Mazda authorized aftermarket parts
3) Improve the Mazda Connect
Actually not much to improve because it's already a good car. If you love driving or looking for a daily economical , reliable and fun driver car then this is your choice.
-Striking Exterior Design
-Minimalistic and well thought out interior
-Quite good fuel economy
-Good seating position for driver with a lot of adjustment for steering
-No CVT but comes with a proper 6speed gearbox
-A B and C Pillar are big blindspots
-gearbox abit jerky at times.
-gearbox refuses to downshift sometimes in auto mode so have to manually pull down a gear.
-rear legroom abit cramped
-steering weight abit light for my taste
-tire roar noise
-Soul Red paint may look pretty but difficult to maintain and touchup
-Steering wheel diameter abit too large
-The safety package that the European market gets is not present in our car (Not Mazda's fault but Bermaz's choice)
-Skyactiv engine needs to produce more torque at even lower revs
-Insulation on road noise
-Better materials used in the dashboard especially some plastics that are flimsy.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: