Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Very smooth to drive bcoz of the xtronic cvt.
Very good and smooth acceleration.
Ride quality very impressive - Good suspension setting.
Good nvh if not very good.
Addicted to drive it.
Very good looking suv.
Got xtra 2 seats at the 3rd row. Can fit adult but need to
squeeze a little bit the 1st and 2nd row seats.
Nice and clean interior.
Good built quality.
Can adjust the car setting through the steering buttons.
The most i like is the all round view camera. It's very handy
in tight spaces. U can see ur car exact positions.
No regret after purchased the car.
The best car i ever purchased.
I owned the accord 2.0 year 2009, but the feeling of driving the
x-trail is unbeatable. It may not have the happy-rev engine feeling
likes the accord, but the overall feeling driving the x-trail is very impressive.
I think it's the combo between the engine and cvt gearbox, very good
suspension setting and the flush and well padded seats.
The only drawback is that only 2 airbags is provided
Gap between tyre and body for standart model quite big
- apperance become not so sporty unless change to impul
sport spring (will effect the ride quality)
A lot of pros can be said about the car. Owns 2.0 FWD T32 since Feb 2016
- Impressive NVH. Ride on highway at 120km/h with minimum wind/road noise. Put AM/FM turned off, the cabin is quiet, but tyre noise is really noticable. (I think that the Grandtrek ST30 is for allroad condition i.e. snow, ETCM should put other quieter tyre as standard e.g. Continental)
- Butter-smooth CVT. Eventhough the MR20DD is not so powerful on paper, but CVT really makes it for acceleration and low end torque. Went up Cameron Highlands via narrow curvy Tapah road with no fuss at all, no gear change to tiptronic needed. the cvt able to maintain the engine at low rpm, which translates to good fuel eco. (recorded overall of 12km/l return trip from/to kl, eventhough stucked in traffic queue for almost 2 hours going downhill towards simpang pulai)
- Active chassis control kicked in and help smoothen the ride. U can really feel the trace control kicks in to give better control at corners. Active ride control kicks in to reduce undulations on wavy roads, and yes it really does its job.
- Handling is sharp and predictable.
- The seat is really comfortable.
- My kid really have no issue riding on the 2nd row seat, no struggling/crying to get out of the car seat as she was in my sedan before. (good view at higher seat elevation, rear aircon vent)
- Great cargo room.
- Very handsome interior design.
- As a buyer of the x-trail, i feel it is value for the money for expanding families (7 seater, smaller than full size suv, but bigger than medium size suv) this is for those who do not want MPV as an option.
- Tyre noise.
- Airbag, of course. Yes, it may not prevent accident, but it will mitigate the impact of accident towards passengers.
- The 2.0 feels a bit underpowered during acceleration when on full load. But it is not annoying, due to its smoothness.
- Very spacious, good for the tall people
- Interior is elegant and premium feel
- driving experience is good
- the eco mode indicator will assist to drive in economical
- the 360 degree view is really amazing, good for parking
- 10.8L / 100km for city drive or office hour travel in town.
- Cornering is not so good. need to reduce speed a lot
- turning radius is kinda poor. making U-turn sometimes need to reverse again
- having defective on all my headlight and tail light. all of them having vapor after rain and car wash, which something I cannot accept it.
better turning radius, quality control of the headlight and taillight
I am buying this Softroader for my wife`s daily commuting. Before we decided to go with the new Xtrail, we have checked with the Subaru XV and Forester, Mazda CX-5.
Key reasons for us to buy Xtrail are；
- Looking great, we choose the 2.5 4WD with Brilliant White which make the car looks even BIGGER. And the appearance factor made us give up Subaru XV which is also a very good crossover with very good AWD system and driving experience. XV just simply too much hatchback-look.
- More practical and capable 4WD system. We know Xtrail IS NOT a ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE softroader but it has one more option of selectable 2WD than Subaru`s unselectable AWD system. If Malaysia snows, then definitely we will go with Subaru, Xtrail`s 4WD system will provide a more economical fuel comsuption while you go with 2WD in Urban road conditions and also provide a reliable 4WD performance while it is needed. According to the test result from AUTOHOME in China, Xtrail`s 4WD system is more capable than CRV and MX-5.
-Roomy rear seat leg room and luggage room. If you compare you will find Xtrail has the best in class room performance if compare with CX-5, CRV or Forester. For family like us, we need to travel a lot and those 28` luggage case will be easily stored with X trail`s rear boot. Also, the roomy rear space will be easier for us to install the Children Safety Seat while the rear door can open widely enough or saying it is the widest among the other cars. Try once you will know.
- The 2.5L engine is just enough for a daily car and the CVT gearbox is working very smoothly. the engine rev is just 1800rpm while doing 120km/h on highway which gives us a very nice 9L/100km combined fuel consumption.
- The LED headlamp is very bright.
- the sitting position and the steering is very lady-friendly. My wife likes driving it a lot.
- most comfortable seats and suspensions in class.
- Noisy control could be better.
- The stereo speakers is the worst ever among all the cars I have ever owned.
- Painting is very thin, just a very light scratch then you will see the black primer coating.
- the Rain-sensor wiper is not working, I shall talk to the Technicians during my next service. At the first service, they said this is how Xtrail`s rain-sensor wiper working, but it certainly not. I checked the repairing manual of T32, and figured out how to turn it on from the BCM, I shall give it a try and report later.
- 2 airbags.
-lacks of may safety equipment if comparing with other countries xtrail models.
-Speed meter is not very precise, The speed gauge pointing 120 but gps only saying 107, the gap is too BIG.
The NVH of Xtrail could be better.
Add more airbags please.
Add the panoramic sunroof please.
***Surprisingly the performance is much better than Mazda CX-5 that i test out few times which i don't feel sufficient power to drive it (Under power). Not sure is that a good impact directly from the 3rd Gen of CVT Technology? from my point of View, 11km/L is a very good fuel efficiency
***Comfortable level & sound proof is the a very good advantage and it can be easily beat down all SUV segment, such a big different between old X-Trail and the current. Seriously i will vote as many star as i can if there is any chance .
***Try to test the minor noise from the whole body of X-Trail by drive over 100km/h. The result will make you fall in love.
***7 Seater, although it is not so spacious from the 3rd row. My advise, forget the 3rd row you will get better space for 2nd row. (The feeling is like you sit on MPV vehicle) not many vehicle you can sleep at rear seat comfortly. But you can make it on Nissan X-Trail!
***4 sides camera (Satellite view) the feature is awesome when you are going to park it. Awesome feature! with the 8" screen would be great !
***something that i need to highlight the disadvantage, 2 airbags ? such a SUV almost close to perfection but 2 airbags? TCM, you really need to reconsider the safety of your buyer. "They could be your 2nd car buyer too". Lastly, not satisfy with such a safety feature.
***Plastic boot? seriously ? not good for those big vehicle bang our backside. it is also involve to your safety feature too.
*** Body paint is boring, not many choice, White is solid, Graphite Blue & Titanium Olive not many people can accept, Diamond black doesnt look nice when apply to X-Trail but good looking to other car & i'm sure silver is the most sellable if no mistaken (Correct me if im wrong)
***Obviously safety features really need to be improve as we are not pay for normal RM80k sedan car. You may lose out many customer due to this kind of safety feature. Strongly advise especially to Airbag !!
Easy to handle and great safety features. Road noise well suppressed although they could have out-classed the Camry if they put some extra effort on sound padding. Love the 3rd Gen CVT, I dont know why I ever subscribed to those 3/4/5/6/7 speed gearboxes, seems archaic after trashing the X-Trail
I'm comparing with my outgoing Camry 2010, body roll can be be overcomed with a better tire, but is really no as bad as Gregory puts it.
All those empty hollow spot around the car should have been filled up with sound absorbent foam/sponge. Please reinforce the bonnet frame, it vibrates when idling or taking the car up on the highway.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: