Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- Engine performance at low RPM
- NVH is very good
Quite a bit body roll but acceptable
using VW quite scary.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 3 September 2017
Ride & Handling
1.4 TSI Trendline (2011)
Bought new, Owned for 5 Years
Fuel Economy: 15.0 km/litre (6.7 L/100 km), RON95
1. high body torsion strength that resulted in good road handling, cornering and with highest safety. The only car with continuous welding technology.(same as Audi & Porsche n not even found in Merc n BMW) vs spot welding. - 25k NM/deg vs japanese car (general) 15k NM/deg
2.latest technology engine with Low fuel consumption and high torque.
3 Very comfortable for long distance travel and feel safe feeling.
1.My engine and gearbox is free of trouble after 5 years. But door lock have all been replaced.
2.Another bad feature is Auto "fresh air in". you need to always manually off the fresh air from outside to come
in. when you drive the car every time.
3. Not so smooth when drive in first gear.
1. Handling on high speed around 150kmh quite good
2. Good Fuel Consumption, 700km per full tank 100% achieveable. 800km or more if you are gentle on the pedal.
3. Good acceleration up to 180kmh.
4. Headlamp nice.
5. Spacious boot & rear seat space.
6. So smooth & stable at high speed compare to Japanese C segment Car.
1. Media Player not nice to play with.
2. Wind noise & stock tyre are noisy at above 140kmh.
1. Wind Noise at high speed
2. Larger Screen Media Player like Passat 2.0 B8
1. Acceleration make u big smile.
2. Gadget auto cruise, wiper, light etc
3. Spacious boot & rear space.
4. Good fuel consumption even can get less then 6 l / 100 km
5. Just pump ron 95 and smoke others...he2
6. Most reasonable car for its features in the category.
1. Late a bit on acceleration compare to previous model
2. Stop Go a bit annoying but can switch off.
3. Rubber noice on doors. Send to sc and treat with some kind of liquid.
4. Body roll.
5. Body kit expensive out there.
1. We Malaysian need anything reliable even CVT. Why address wet clutch in new tiguan? Anything?
2. Please do offer with bodykit. At least side skirting. Hard to find out there.
3. Form a R&D to satisfy southeast Asia customers.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: