Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1. Style - The front aggression look of the car, and the cool LED headlamp and tail-lamp.
2. Performance - Consider powerful for a 1.5l NA-car, its even more powerful than 1.6l car. I own a 2005 waja 1.6A and test drove my friend’s 2014 Persona 1.6A, both of it can’t match up with City.
3. Handling - handling is alright, although the ride is on the hard side but high speed stability still floaty.
4. NVH - it’s alright for a car in this segment, but it’s quieter than most of the car in the is segment.
5. Fit and finish - the material for the cabin in 1.5v variant makes it feel more premium.
6. Design of the cabin is stylish.
1. The seating position is high and the bench of the seat is short, no and comfortable for a tall person.
2. Even with the high seating position and I’m a 180cm guy, due to the design of the car I’m unable to see the hood of the car which difficult to jugde while manoveur.(trust me, go and have a try it!)
3. It’s not a comfortable car for a tall person, short bench and high seating position.
4. The ugly duck tail spoiler integrated with 3rd brake light for top variant.
-Touchscreen infotainment (compared to Toyota Vios 2014 still using manual radio)
-Rear air-vent & charging port
-After sales service
-No daytime running light
-Suspension (I can always feel the vehicle is floating up & down while driving on cleared highway speed 120kmh)
-Spare tyre (smaller size & no ori rim)
-Engine is so loud while speed up in sudden
-Interior too many hard plastic
Suspension & more advanced technology like Korean car
-Good NVH (Compared with previous gen and other b-segment model)
-Good FC, 1st tank can get good FC already. No need to wait 1000km la, 10000km la, until 1st service la..15km/l-17km/l..mix highway, traffic jam,long car park with idle engine and town driving..
-Good handling (Compared with previous gen and other b-segment model)
-Good and comfort full leather seat, the leather smell will stick with you even after u leave the car and seat also not really hot if park under the sun if compare with semi leather or pvc seat
-Nice design and features for V Variant, white led headlamp & projector lamp + rear led light. Looks like premium RM100k++ car during night time.
-Acceptable rear aircond blower.
-Good NVH, but tyre and tarmac/small stone hit under body noise quite apparent
-Some of the fit and finish could be improve, however still acceptable as long as not make apparent rattle noise.
-ECO not suitable to for 1500cc car, it will makes car feel very sluggish and at the end will worsen FC since need to accelerate more. Different from ECO in accord, still acceptable and bring better FC. Turn off ur City ECO and blend with CVT character, then it will be very efficient and responsive.
-No front parking sensor, new persona have it
-No reverse parking aid & no HD camera (Camera quite blur sometimes)
If compare with Civic or Accord, yes, some items could be improve. However if compare with other B-sgement, Mazda 2, vios, persona and especially with super uncle+stone age features+tech car, almera. City is the best B-Segment Car, value for money regardless which ever variant (But it would be perfect if you buy V-Spec)
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: