Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- The most spacious B segment vehicle u can get in Malaysia market
- Short learning curve to adapt the car, very easy car to drive for non car enthusiast, can borrow to any family members without worry.
- Steering is light, effortless to move the wheel.
- CVT is damn smooth and good throttle response, how i wish Proton Suprima can has this CVT.
- the weight of this car is light, low speed cornering is quite nibble.
It is just a 1.8L engine, it is sufficient for daily town traveling, but dont expect it can out run any of its competitors. The only car u can smoke is ASX, bcs that car was quite slow even though it has extra 200cc.
Throttle response very instant but it doesn't mean the car could accelerate as quick as the CX3.
Poor assembly quality from DRB-Hicom, external panel got lots of mis-alignment, the driver seat frame keep making squeaky noise everytime i corner the vehicle.
The steering is light, but zero feel and almost zero road feedback.
The suspension couldn't filter those little uneven road, but it filter the big lubang well.
Even u install stage 2 UR bar, the handling and ride quality still far way behind CX3 and CHR.
Wish it has a rear independent suspension.
1.5 turbo would be more fun to drive, would be extra for the turbo.
The seat is too soft, not good on long distance drive, prefer firm solid seat.
ABS too sensitive, not sure is it cause by the stock low traction tyre.
Wish the ESC is as smart as the Subaru ESC when dealing with understeer.
NVH could be better at door side.
The underneath metal already rust when i jack up the car at 1500km mileage only, local parts suck. Hate those local cronies suppliers.
* Automatic features are great to make daily life easier
* brake hold is excellent for city commuters
* CVT is smooth and I like CVT character. It fits well with my driving style as I don't accelerate excessively
* Rear fog lamps for those really heavy rainy days
* Practical Magic seats
* Sound insulation is better than my 2007 Civic, but not great.
* Electric Parking break is great
* Plenty of USB for the modern day ADD cellphone user.
* Excellent fuel economy in the city
* Easy to park as it's based on the jazz
* Cruise control with large fuel tank is good for long journeys
* Auto LED light is amazing. Follow me home light is also great for me to feel safe when I return home and can see to open my front door of my house.
* This car is perfect for city commuters, but can be used for occasional long distance travel. Only for small family though.
* Good pickup from only 1.8L engine.
* Very smooth engine. So smooth, sometimes I forgot I left the car on and walk away.
* Keyless entry is great
* It feels like a grown up car, good road presence
* Eco button lowers the responsiveness of the throttle (perfect for city driving), makes the car smoother in traffic. Not sure if it has any effect MPG wise. Turn off the Eco button during cruising as you need power during overtaking.
* eco assist LED helps you become a better eco driver.
* Really cheap plastic interior
* They only have half 'leather' seats which is not even real leather. Stick your hand in the magazine pocket behind the front seats to see what the material is made out of (it's not leather, more like cheap China fabrics).
* Somehow the interior feels really cheap. Interior of my 2007 Civic is a much better place to be in
* I think phone connect system is annoying & doesn't work
* high rear door handles might not be good for small kids
* LED light might not be screwed on correctly. Sometimes during idle, I can see LED beam vibrating due to the engine.
* Hollow body makes me feel a little not safe. Even though it's a 5 star safety rating (psychological)
* Does not include window tint
* Steering wheel does not have sport grip at 10 & 2
* rear middle seat is not comfortable. So can only fit 4 adults comfortably in this car
* Due to the magic seats, there are no rear center armrest.
* Boot is OK. can't fit 2 largest airline luggage unlike my Civic (I travel overseas a lot so this matters).
* because the fuel tank is located below the front seats, front passengers feels cramped. The way I sit in a car, my left foot typically rests at the hollow section of the front seat, but that space is filled with the fuel tank in the HRV, so I feel cramped.
* No coin storages
* Due to short wheelbase, ride can be quite bouncy. If you hit a speedbump at a slightly higher speed (30km/h or higher), the rear suspension will make a loud 'thud' sound. This problem does not exist in longer wheelbase civic.
* CKD quality as manufacturing was catching up with demand.
* Perfect working car, somehow a bit soul-less (no character or fun)
* Better interior materials - too many cheap plastics
* rear center armrest
* Better looking Rims like the ones in the US market.
* Make the fake rear lights real
* Auto folding wing mirrors
Looks very elegent, stylish, and sporty in a sense.
Break hold is very helpful in City driving and does not consume much petrol either.
Ample space all around, especially the boot.
Sound system is reasonably good.
Multiple variety of sockets are very thoughtful
Projection lights are cool and clear
Petrol consumption is surprisingly low for it's size
Automated functions are helpful
The interlock system is plaudable
A bit bumpy at times, especially on the bumpers.
Can incoporate a bit more of audio features (e.g. speakers selection/alignment etc.)
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 15 September 2015
Ride & Handling
1.8 CVT V (Pre-GST) (2014)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
Fuel Economy: 15.0 km/litre (6.7 L/100 km), RON97
- Very nice looking and futuristic outlook.
- Complete interior equipment with very premium feel (e.g. leather soft touch plastic, multi colour odometer)
- Very good fuel efficiency. My drive is half highway and half city. 15km/l is definitely impressive for a compact SUV.
- LED headlight is very bright and wide. it's very clear when drive at night especially place without light. Loving this very much.
- Value for money with features such as 6 air bags, VSA, EBD, EPB, push start, rear camera, auto headlight, smart entry, cruise control and etc...
- Smart brake hold is a plus point as it's very convenience when drive in a road which has a lot of traffic light. Loving this.
- Magic seat for long, tall and utility mode is very very useful when you need it. I use tall mode the most as you can place many dirty stuffs in the rear floor.
- Good rear legroom for its size. Trunk size is very spacious as well.
- 1.8L Civic engine with CVT gear box is very smooth and surprisingly it's won't feel under power even going up hill.
- Reasonably comfortable for both city and highway drive.
- 5 years warranty with unlimited mileage is a plus point.
- Road noise from bottom (feel like from Tyre) is kinda intrusive when come to rougher road.
- Slightly bumpy for rear sit when come to a uneven road.
- No auto lock when press break after start engine. Need to lock manually.
- A bit jerking when come to low speed from 10 to 40 km/hour if you press the pedal hard. I believe this is due to Honda setting to make sure the car is not under power when come to acceleration. Need some time to use to it.
- Half leather seat for high spec??? This is really a half cook decision from Honda.
- No auto side mirror fold when engine is off. Need to do it manually. It's ridiculous for a RM120k car.
- 16 inch rim is a bit too small for this car. 17 inch is just nice.
- The passenger seat aircond design is not practical. Too cooling for passenger seat but not cool enough for the rear seat.
- Full leather seat.
- Auto lock when press pedal after engine start.
- Auto fold of side mirror when engine is off.
- Sound proofing. More insulation is needed for comfort drive.
- 17 inch sport rim.
- Passenger seat aircond design.
although it's only 1.8cc, acceleration quite good and doesnt feel underpower at all due to the size is quite small too compared to tucson and other SUV
fuel efficiency, 50l full tank can go up to 650km based on your driving skill
very comfortable when driving 140kmh, it feels like only 80kmh
disappointed with the factory tyre, expecting of continental or yokohama or higher
the rear seats cant recline much, uncomfortable for back passenger to sleep
have to buy the highest spec to get the cruise control,rear camera and the colorful odometer
the aircond design is quite awful
should change the front design a bit to make it looks more futuristic
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: