Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1. Really fuss-free motoring experience.
2. Great fuel efficiency. Not as real as claimed but better than most cars on the road.
3. Super easy to drive (being lightweight has its merits).
4. Engine suitable for its size and can go quite fast when pushed.
5. The cabin is as spacious as the old Myvi (new Myvi already out when I wrote this).
6. Fit and finish is not bad at all despite being a budget car.
7. Paint finish and exterior add-on makes the car looks more expensive.
8. Lastly, the features. Advance spec has all the nice bits (touchscreen with navi and smartlink, auto-fold door mirrors, projector headlamp with foglight, leather-wrapped seats and steering wheel, and keyless entry/go).
Build quality still typical Perodua. My driver's door got rattling sound after 2 days and went to SC but staff dunno how and afraid to fix. Frustrated, I d-i-y alone and fixed it. It was the door stopper near middle B-pillar not tight.
Speakers not really good. Just acceptable.
Suspension is so-so. Comfortable slow drive but can get trashy on big potholes and speed bumps.
1. Steering is weird. Heavy at parking speed despite this is a city car. Should be lighter-weighted.
2. Foot rest! Where's the foot rest? Not really comfortable on a long drive, I tell you.
3. Gearbox is slowpoke but understandable due to efficiency. So, you have to plan your overtaking to avoid taking too much time.
4. Engine vibrations. I know due to 3-potter but perhaps can be further reduced?
1. Build quality can still be improved.
2. Safety. This Axia don't really need VSC for its 67 horsepower but nicer to have.
3. Probably can give more free labour charge for services. Come on Perodua you make so many profit. Can treat us your buyers with better added values.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 3 August 2017
Ride & Handling
SE 1.0 AT (2016)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
Fuel Economy: 12.5 km/litre (8.0 L/100 km), RON95
- ride is smooth and composed when driving under 100kmph.
- added features like keyless entry and push start is a treat.
- small body makes it easy to park
- suspension is very firm when going over potholes.
- engine and wind noise very intrusive when under hard acceleration
- fuel consumption isn't the same as the manufacturer claims
- removal of CD player
- turning the steering is rather tight when stationary. the myvi with EPS is smoother to turn.
- why did Perodua remove the vanity mirror for the passenger side?
- gearshifts is slow to respond when under hard acceleration
- front passenger seat is too high. taller people will struggle.
- added sound insulation
- retune the 4 speed auto for smoother gear changes
- bring back the CD player and passenger side vanity mirror
- lower the front passenger seat
A very fuel efficient car
Low cost car to run
A very decent leg room for A segment car
Comfortable seat for front passanger. Good for long journey
Automatic off headlight when open the door.
Switches feels luxury, straightly taken from Toyota.
Engine sound interupted into cabin after 3000rpm
Wind noise from 60km/h and above
Body rolls too much.
Less compartment to save things like phone.
No bluetooth for headunit.
Easily scratch keyfob
Body absorb the bumps, resulting to harsh ride on speed.
Underpower on fully load.
More sound insulations.
Bluetooth and steering audio control as standard.
Bring the 1.2engine like Indonesia
VSC as standard
Average FC 14.3km/l
Impressive external design
Comfortable driving experience
Easy to park
FC is not the same as advertisement described
Soundproofing is bad especially on highway
Steering wheel is not comfortable to hold on
Horn button is hard to press on
Not smooth when driving speed under 20km
Definitely is the soundproofing system of this vehicle
Steering wheel is needed to be improved
- surprisingly spacious for A segment car
- great fc in city driving
- steering feel & response is good for EPS..much better than in myvi
- handling sampan
- steering wheel too thin
- fugly..really fugly car
- very small fuel tank. full tank cant even reach 450km
- fc is bad for long highway journey..just a bit better than my waja 4g18 while suffering fr small underpowered car
- problematic aircond compressor
- extremely useless rear floor mat
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: