Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
1. Good economy car
2. Premium variant offers modern features such as Push Start button, Keyless entry, USB, remote boot release and front sensors.for an economy car,
3. Include full size spare tire rather than wheel barrow spare tire
4. silent cabin and good NVH
5. Large boot space 508L
1. Whinning sound of Bridgestone Ecopia tire can be heard over 100km/h
2. Doesn't adjustable steering
3. Lack of temperature bar on meter display. Only show "cold" and "hot" icon
5 Upright rear passenger seat.
6 Luggage tray does not included
7. For a tall person like me (6'2"), narrow legroom on driver side. My left knee felt discomfort as it rest on the edge of the plastic part at the botom of aircond console panel
1. Include,floor mat, luggage tray, door protector and as a standard.
- Lots of space inside and in the boot (with full size spare tyre).
- Good fuel consumption. I just done 3100 km and am now averaging 18 km/L.
- The 1.3L 4 cylinder engine has good enough power for 4 adults + luggage.
- Has decent features. (keyless+push start, USB charger,Bluetooth+USB radio,front+rear sensors,508L boot)
- Acceptable interior quality (except for the window lock switch which feels a little loose).
- Road noise/tyre noise become audible starting from 100 km/h. Needs a little more insulating.
- The USB charger cap makes it a little hard to connect cable. The cap is elastic and have to force it outwards to make way for cable.
- The rear back seat is slightly upright but not a deal breaker.
- It starts to feel unstable at speeds over 100 km/h. Can feel the car sway very slightly due to the wind.
- The seat belt reminder only reminds the driver to buckle up, not the front passenger.
- High beams not very effective driving on dark unlit kampung roads.
- Add more sound insulation to improve NVH near speed limit 110 km/h.
- Recline the rear back seat a bit to improve rear passenger comfort.
- Make the USB charger cap like the fuel cap so it doesn't "force" itself onto the cable.
- Fuel efficient car. For 1.3 MT, averaging minimum 16km/liter for full city drive, and 19.6km/liter for full highway drive (120km/h), and 18km/liter for mixed drive.
- Excellent front and rear legroom, headroom. Some criticizes that the rear seats is too straight, but I disagree. The rear seat may look a bit straight by eye, but it is just nice to be sit in with its comfortable cushion (compared to the most comfortable pickup - Mitsubishi Triton rear bench, Bezza is way more reclined and more comfort).
- Proper rear head restraint (Rear headrest with adjustable height) is a critical point for a sedan car at this price point. Latest sedan competitor Proton Persona and Saga (from lowest spec to top spec) do not have this, which is regrettable for exposing rear passengers to whiplash. This properly adjusted head restraint will limit the movement of the head and provide support in an accident, potentially save you from a long-term injury.
- Advanced features made available for this affordable sedan. Keyless entry, Push Start Button, Eco Indicator is there even for a Manual 1.3 Manual version
- Easy access to boot space via 60:40 folding down plus electric button boot release
- Extremely large boot space which made balik kampung trip a breeze
- Very refined and silent Toyota Dual VVT-i engine, can't hear the engine noise even at 110kmh
- Reasonable 5 Speed Manual Gearbox from Akashi Kikai (gear change is smooth with less rubbery feel, 110km/h at 3000 Rpm and 90km/h at 2500 Rpm in 5th gear, clutch bite point is a bit higher than previous Perodua car)
- All parts are from reliable supplier (Denso radiator, Iridium spark plug, Koito headlamp and rear light, Panasonic battery, Bosch electric power steering, Pilkington/Asahi glass for windows, Daihatsu brake, Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 tyre, etc)
- Powerful car due to its high Power to Weight Ratio (94hp for a 900kg car = 104 hp/tonne, other similar priced competitor all have less than 100, Saga @ 90.8 hp/tonne, Persona @ 92.6 hp/tonne). It can easily sprint if you rev it hard.
- Brilliant turning radius of just 4.5 meters, make U-Turn at tight space a simple job
- Affordable maintenance with the service interval of every 10,000km/6months with the usage of fully synthetic 0W-20 engine oil, with 5 years/150,000 km manufacturer's warranty. Usage of Timing Chain and Iridium spark plug will reduce the maintenance cost as well.
- Nice rear LED strip light is nice to look at during night
- Very useful Front Parking sensor as the head is too short
- Full Size spare tyre is given (try get it from other competitor)
- Surprisingly reasonable stock audio system provided (compared to previous Perodua car which sucks, Proton still way better in this offering though)
- Reasonable car handling when taking corners (which surprised me), though still way far from Proton handling
- In conclusion, an affordable Japanese city car in a local brand disguise
- Non-adjustable steering column. You can still adjust the seat height and position to find a comfortable seating.
- Tyre fender insulation is empty. Water noise very apparent when go through wet road, stone noise is apparent when stone hit the fender.
- Serious crosswind affect the car stability when travelling at high speed (above 110kmh). The car will feel swaying when large heavy vehicles passed by.
- Make the steering column adjustable (rake and reach)
- Apply rubberized undercoating to the tyre fender to reduce the noise intrusion to the cabin
- Improve on the car handling and reduce the crosswind effect
- Very aero design
- Good Engine
- Very Nippy Car
- Very mature looking front bumper.
- Fuel economy not bad at all.
- It needed a armrest.
- The Radio felt like someone just painted black onto a dashboard
- The driver instrument felt lacking
- No Traction control.
- The plastic felt cheap.
-The Dashboard felt cheap
- Less Noise for the cabin
- Learn from Kia to make a better less plastic dashboard.
- More Cabin storage for passanger and driver to put their stuff on.
- Make a digital instrument for the driver to see on.
-Very good engine. it pull around 2,500 until 3,000. Until it stop changing gear
-Enough Space for a family
-Very Nippy car.
-Good fuel economy. Even thou back to back from my house to my college.
- Very comfortable seat's
-Must have a boot container.
- Plastic feel a little cheap.
-Gearbox felt a little jolt when change to first to second
- Mostly not enough storage compartment.
- The Dashboard it looks like someone has tdesign a out of a cardbox.
- The brake felt like sponged.
- The radio need a little thought .
- Lack of Traction control and none of the electronic side miror's
- Better's gearbox 6at is oky. But they should learn from kia
- Put traction control standard on all of the models
- No cost optional from the boot tray
- Better antenna, and radio
- More noise cancel around the cabin and also the engine.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 8 December 2016
Ride & Handling
1.3 Advance (2015)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
- New engine which cooperate with Daihatsu , 1.3L Dual VVT-i (Mainly focus on better fuel consumption.)
- Good Fuel Consumption
Local Drive: Fueling RM40 RON95, get maximum 410km, RM0.098/km, 17.43 km/L
minimum 360km, RM0.111/km, 15.3km/L
Highway: Fueling RM40 RON95, get maximum 475km, 0.084/km, 20.19 km/L
minimum 445km, 0.089/km, 18.91 km/L
Fuel consumption depend habit and driving style of driver.
The 22Km/L that provide by Perodua, is just a figure which I think is very difficult to achieve, also think that impossible, I don't know how this figure generated through what standard test proceed.
- 2500rpm achieve 100km/hr and 3000rpm achieve 120km/hr.
- Eco driving help to reduce fuel consumption when come to a cruise speed without great acceleration.
- Idling stop system help to save up fuel when Idle at traffic light.
- Idling stop system is optional where control manually, not fix in the car. I was applied at traffic light or heavy jam only.
- Big rear boot space up to 508L.
- A lot useful functions that provide in Touch screen multimedia system.
- Equipped with a lot safety system to improved safety of car.
- Provide single USB port at rear console.
- Shark Fin Antenna which integrated antenna in a compact space to help in car aerodynamics and reduce air resistance during drive where subsequently help in fuel efficiency.
- Auto switch off Headlamp when driver forgot after off engine and open door.
- Boot opening button provide on smart key where allow open boot at far away.
- Reverse camera help driver to look clearly at the back condition to make wise decision when parking or other situation.
- Light weight where 930kg only where help in lowering fuel consumption and maximum performance although only 1.3L engine equipped.
- Speed-Sensing Wipers allow condition of how clean of large mirror and how frequent base on speed of car.
- 4.5m of minimum radius of gyration allow bezza work in narrow road and space.
- Three country nation map provide in navigation system such as Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore.
- Air volume of air-conditional is bigger enough and won't feel hot in afternoon.
- Provide optional control of front sensor to help in parking purpose.
- Three hooks provided where 2 at assistant driver seat and 1 at driver seat.
- 0.289 of air-resistance figure where allow in maximum fuel efficiency.
- Pickup or acceleration is not so good. (Probably due to this car made for economical basis, not performance basis.)
- Low comfort-ability at front and back seat.
- Low sound proof quality, noise wind and roar road.
- Although Idling stop system is help in fuel efficiency, but frequent number of on off engine may shorten lifespan of starter and alternator, increase cost in replacing starter and alternator. (Personal Opinion)
- No CVT transmission variant provided.
- No lamp provide at the top of head back mirror.
- Only 2 airbags provide at front seat.
- When applying ldling stop system, driver need to keep press and hold brake pedal where make driver tired.
- No Auto locking door system applied when first press brake pedal after start engine.
- Seat should design base on shape of human backbone resting condition to maximize comfortability as well as back passenger seat also need to do adjustment in inclined angle design where could improved in comfortability.
- Should install another lamp at top of center head back mirror.
- Perodua should changing the working principle of idling stop system, try to not press and hold brake pedal way, try to change to other type.
- Perodua should include accept and refuse call button on steering, more user-friendly.
- Perodua should improved sound proof where generate externally.
- If possible, apply heat detection pressing type to multimedia system instead of pressure pressing type.
- Provide CVT-Transmission variant where could further improved fuel efficiency.
- Perodua should apply back Auto-Lock door system when press brake pedal.
- Perodua should try to maximize the pickup or initial acceleration.
If you looking for performance car, bezza is not your choice.
If you looking for save more money car, bezza is your choice.
Bezza is design in better fuel efficiency as priority through sacrifice some of its performance.
- Fuel comsumption
- The handling is suprisingly good especially when taking corners
- Spacious boot and cabin
- Rear seat is better than Persona's
- Comfortable seatings
- Start-stop is manually controlled
- Can go for 100km/h within 2500 rpm
- Turning radius is very helpful.
- So many seating positions for the passengers.
- Touchscreen is better than Myvi Advance's, did not feel cheap.
- Can easily place a baby carrier on the rear seat
- MUST have coil mat, the default mats can easily look dirty.
- MUST have boot tray. The current material for the boot surface is mainly thin cloth-covered plywood, and the wood did not cover 100% of the boot surface.
- 22.8 km/L is only on 100% usage of start-stop system, which can affect the car's battery lifespan from 10-15% (theorically, based on my readings). So the fuel consumption value is only on how we drive the car.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: