Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
* limited to Malaysian citizens and verified owners of the reviewed car. CarBase.my works with ISM Insurance Services to verify car ownership in order to ensure quality reviews.
3 Owner Reviews
Date Reviewed 12 September 2017
Ride & Handling
1.4 Executive Plus AT (2015)
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
RON95, Mileage: 600 km/month
Had mine for One and a half months.
For the price and what it is intended for, I would say it offers Good value for money.
The steering feel could be better. Mine does not self centre properly, I have to centre it myself for the last quarter turn. Is it just mine or is it the same for all Ertigas?
I understand it is EPS and we cannot compare with hydraulic power steering but I am comparing it with EPS from other car makes which are more positive and confidence inspiring.
It's value for money. 59K for a rebadge Japanese car.
It's so fuel saving, I could easily get 16.4km/L in 100% city drive with heavy foot around 90~100kmh.
If I maintain the speed below 70kmh, it could get 19.4km/L or 21.1km/L in the City!
See the #197 in forum https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4147792/all
Door and seat easy to get dirty.
Sometimes noise coming from the railings of second row seats.
Generally, the car is smooth to drive, braking is easy, similar to small car like Suzuki Swift. This upholds Suzuki standard since Proton Ertiga is a rebadged Suzuki Ertiga with only minor changes made such as emblem, tail light and chrome bar.
- Very respectable fuel efficiency. I drive the car to work, about 40km one way with average speed of 30km/h. Therefore 14.5km/l is a good fuel consumption.
- Good legroom for its size for all 3 rows.
- Comfortable seats.
- Rear view mirror is not glaring during night even though it is not equipped with auto on/off feature.
- Car does not feel underpowered in most circumstances.
- Aircond is very efficient and cold, suitable for Malaysian weather. Dedicated a/c for 2nd & 3rd row passengers helps keep passengers comfortable
- Quiet engine
- Large windows make passengers feel more roomy and less claustrophobic
- Large front row window and side window makes driving easy and less blindspots
- noise if the 2nd row seat belt is not properly secured
- need strong effort to close door properly
- lack of arm rest for driver and front passenger
More features to be made on offer such as leather seat, reverse camera, push/start button, keyless entry (which is already available for Swift since long time ago)
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: