Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
*Perform outstanding stability with excellent brake system especially speeding at corner
*satisfactions of Accelerating especially swift the driving mode from "D" to "S". Build up confident while doing overtake.
*wind screen sound proof level is consider comfortable. there is no air sound at driving speed up to 140 Kph.
*sound system is superb and auto ventilation is superb. no fog on windows and comfort ambient at 23 degree Celsius setting.
*excellent power steering. wonderful driving experience during long journey travel.
*easily stylish outlook with just little bit modification.
*spacious at front and rear leg room. very comfortable for full loaded passenger during long journey travel,
*satisfied fuel consumption. (city drive: 8.5-10L / 100KM) (long journey drive: 5.5-6L / 100KM)
base on my experience full tank (55 Liters) and average driving speed (90 KMH) could sufficient for travel to/return between KL and penang including penang island city drive (60KM).
*roof insulator is bad. impact sound is great while rain heavy.
*it is normal engine instead of TSI. honestly, it is less fun.
*rubber sound generated from door edge while driving on uneven road or hump.
*tire size is not design for exceeded driving speed of 180KMH.
*no auto daylight system.
*maintenance cost is higher compare to same variant vehicle in market but worth to the performance.
*improve roof sound prove quality
*implement better quality of car edge rubber
- Comfort ride quality, takes cornering and bumps quite well for a small body.
- Smooth and responsive gearbox, which the "D" mode looks like its tuned for fuel saving and you can choose to go "S" mode or manual shift for an overtake.
- I have used the "S" mode to get up and down of Cameron Highlands and it perform very well. Power uphill and control speed down hill making it easy to handle.
- Sleek interior which is fully black with some touches of chrome and leather wrapping on steering wheel and gear knobs. (A European car's middle class elegances.)
- The fabric seats is comfortable with the seat height adjustment, telescopic steering helps a lot.
- There is minimal noise from the road and engine, which definitely win against all Japanese models in this. (But rain is a problem, refer to cons)
- The car audio quality is ok which is Bluetooth enabled and ports for SD card, Aux in and USB/Ipod. But radio signal is not tip top sometimes.
- Its also good to mentioned there is cruise control, 4 parking sensor and 4 airbags.
- The break pedal is much higher than the accelerator make you a bit phobia that you might not be able to stop in time.
- The roof seems to be not insulated in which it will be very noisy during the rain.
- 7 speed gear box so can cruise better at high speed.
- Insulated roof
- Reverse camera
* Nice cornering / suspension! Comfort ride quality.
* Very smooth gearbox, cant even feel gear change.
* Firm but comfortable seats, is it racing seats? haha
* Fine interior quality, button press feeling, you can feel the quality!
* Thanks to climate auto air condition system, interchange between in-circulate and pull outer air inside your car, it keeps interior temperature from what you set,.
* Does not feel any wind leakage from my car, maybe vw solve this problem.
* I love the gearbox program, D (economic driving mode), S(sport mode), and tiptronic mode, which brings me a lot of fun.
* cruise control, 4 parking sensor and 4 airbags, where hard to find on 50k-90k Japanese car.
* This car doesn't have Vehicle Stability Control, but it seems like more stable than some cars with VSC equipped. I can't imagine how it will be if this car VSC equipped.
* nice D-shape steering build.
* a bit lag when play around with tiptronic gear
* does not have outer air con filter, it need to be add aftermarket.
* reverse cam will bring a big help. but it doesn't equipped, need to be add aftermarket.
* leather seats
leather arm rest
leather dashboard, since leather steering build.
- The ride quality!
- You can instantly tell the difference if you previously drive local or Japanese car.
- The suspension surprisingly able to compromise both comfort and harsh cornering. If I did not look at the speedometer, I wouldnt have realize I am driving way faster than usual speed on corners.
- You will still feel the feedback when the car going through holes and bumps. However compare to Japanese cars, going through the same holes will feel much more dramatic.
- Very smooth gearbox! You will never feel the gear switching, it is as good as a CVT without the noise of CVT!
- Rear air-con is the best place to put Ambi Pur without jeopardizing the beauty of dash board.
- Seat quality is firm, some may find it hard but I love it.
- Interior quality is at its finest! In my opinion, fittings and quality is much better than Japanese C segments .
- Fuel efficiency is adequate for the torque it offers.
- Basically the car is built for India market which have similarity of climate and road condition, you can feel the refinement on handling interior heat and construction roads.
- Love the gloss panel given between door mirrors. Something that only can be find in D segment Japanese. (Sorry for Polo Hatchback CKD users, VW removed that from TSI)
- There is wind leakage on driver side door. After visiting the service center, they literally dismantled the whole door to rectify it. But the problem still there, only reduce a little bit on wind break noise.
- The audio quality is slightly below par compare with other normal 4 speakers.
- The bluetooth voice call seem to have difficulty to capture my voice, literally need to shout in the car. The audio player in Inspira is much friendly to use for hands free voice calling.
- The brake pedal is too high compare to the accelerator pedal. Move the seat backward, difficult to floor the accelerator pedal. Move the seat forward, gotta lift the feet high for brakes.
- Lack of compartment space for putting cards and coins. The right side underneath of headlamp switch can be utilize better.
- The color of fabric used for armrest and door rest seem to fake after some time.
- The smoked headlamp should be standard.
- All 4 side of power window is not necessary, can compromise to utilize on other upgrades.
- Park assist should be included since the radio player offers big digital screen.
- Offer option to disable the gear lock when car idle for 5 sec and did not hold the brake.
- Add a padding for left leg to rest on.
- Suggest to use different material fabric for armrest and door rest. Subsequently can change to leather since it is frequent contact point for drivers.
Timeless design i would say (as opposed to some people refer it as having a boring design).
Pretty solid built
This piece of machine ride and glide nicely on any given roads. The higher torque can be felt whenever you floor the accelerator as compare to its competitors. Having 3 gear mode is also a very welcome feature where one could opt for a relaxing and fuel saving mode, a longer gearing ratios in Sports mode as well as having to control it yourself via Tiptronic mode.
Good braking system with ABS and EBD even with the omission of rear disk brake
In mix driving condition, a full tank can last up to 700km which is a respectable figure
Long service intervals at 15000km/12 months with reasonable cost
Spacious cabin and boot although not the best in its segment
Quite a number of aftermarket parts available
Some squeaking and rattling although quite common in even some higher segment car
CBU model are not as generously equipped as the CKD i.e. the head unit, auto climate control and armrest with the intergrated rear aircond vent
VSC and Park Distance Control should have come as standard features
Manufacturer warranty should be extended to 5 years instead of just 2 years
To include VSC and Park Distance Control as standard option
-The six speed tiptonic aisin gearbox flexibility with comfort or furious.For those like to drive manual and auto that's the best choice.D mode you will feel a bit of underpower.But S mode and manual mode is awesome.Gear 2,3,4 quite powerful for overtaking.0-100km by gear 1,2,3 is more than enough.
-normal driving is comfortable.D mode and gears very smooth
-i like the exterior and interior design/materials....looks more mature
-the steering, handling and wheelbase.Make you more confident to drive on cornering,highway,raining and small water pounding road.
-NVH not bad
-Hook under the rear bumper(hide it better)
-Apollo tires quite noisy (hopefully other brand tire can reduce the noise)
-car roof soundproof not so good than ur expectation especially on euro car
Heard a lot of the negative feedback or rumors everywhere.Hopefully VW seriously solved and stop those problems.I'm no regret to owned polo sedan.worth it...
I bought the VW Polo Sedan as a replacement for my Suzuki Swift and I have absolutely no regrets at all. After numerous comparisons to its competitors, I knew that this was the car to have. Plus with the CKD launched, the price has dropped making it more value for money. Let's not forget, despite the fact that it is a CKD model, the car still feels like a Continental compared to the Japanese and Koreans.
- The kit that comes standard on this car (being only 1 trim level, it comes with Cruise Control, 4 Automatic Windows with Anti-Pinch System, 4 Airbags, Bluetooth, Auto Climate Control, Rear Aircond Vents)
- City driving feels smooth and fluid with the gear changes almost unnoticeable at times
- Fuel consumption (mix of City and Highway) is a very commendable 600km++ per full tank (55L)
- Decent rear leg room
- Large boot space
- Comfortable ride quality
- Good road handling (Very minimum body roll)
- Excellent communication between the steering, wheels and the road
- No DSG issues. Polo comes with an Aisin 6 Speed Tiptronic gearbox
I am a heavy user of my car as I tend to do an average of 100-150km a day but the Polo takes it in it's stride. Running away from all the drama it's bigger brothers with the DSG and TSI are having, this Polo seems to be a stress free vehicle minimum maintenance needed.
All things aside the looks and power department could do with a little more work. It's a case of B+. Nearly there but not quite.
- Looks are abit plain. Loses out to the more futuristic City and Vios
- Engine isn't going to win you a drag race but it trundles along nicely if you aren't a speed demon. However it could do with a little more grunt under the hood
- No Electronic Stability Control
- Speakers are stock standard
There are a few things that could add more value to the car and thus make it better. The fixing and remedy of all the Cons would definitely improve it. If it could come with better noise deadening and HID lights, it would tick most of my boxes.
By no means the Polo Sedan is a perfect car. But for the price you pay, it's a no-brainer.
-Servis setiap 15000km ataupun setahun
-Tak perlu panaskan enjin, hidup terus jalan
-Keempat-empat cermin boleh dibuka dan ditutup menggunakan alarm, kesemua cermin boleh diturun dan dinaikkan secara auto dan kesemua cermin "Anti-Trap Power Window"
-Penukaran nisbah gear yang sangat lembut kadang kala hampir tidak terasa
-Kualiti dan ciri-ciri tidak padan dengan harga
-Enjin yang tidak sesuai, terasa berat, pickup kurang
Feels solid among the same segment car. It was been good on fuel consumption too.(Rm0.17 per km)
Good after service(VW SC, Ipoh)
Dashboard has a bit noise when driving on uneven road.
CBU model lack of accessories, compare with CKD model
-QC of car should be more put more afford, due my car got a lot of issues before the first service. Even thought fixed but not every people got such free time to go SC.
-Rear light design quite outdated.
Superb continental handling, built quality best in class at par with pricier VW models, adequate performance whilst maintain good fuel efficiency. Tiptronic gearbox gives people who enjoys driving to be more in control of their machine. Relatively safest VW to buy, with regards to reliability. Gives extra performance when pushed hard, and an economical trip when handled moderately.
CBU lack of accessories, cabin and boot space is adequate but not the best in class.
Add 'toys' to suit the tech-savvy younger generations and to compete with other brands within its segment.
Ride and handling are where the Polo Sedan shines. The firm ride over road undulations doesn't send judders into the cabin. Body roll is apparent, but it doesn't make the Polo Sedan go off course easily. The steering wheel is direct and light enough to ease manoeuvre at low speed. Best of all, it felt very, very composed when going through puddles of water, this can put many Japanese C-segment sedans to shame.
The 1.6 litre MPI engine wouldn't win you any race at the traffic light junction, and felt that the Polo Sedan could use a little more power on the highway for safe overtaking.
Perhaps Volkswagen can be a little more adventurous when designing the successor of the Polo Sedan. On a different note, my experience with the service centre was unsatisfying.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: