Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
After a public debut followed by a media preview, the 2017 Proton Iriz has been officially launched in Malaysia. As reported previously, the variant line-up has been trimmed to make it more streamlined compared to b...
Remember the Proton Iriz? I'm sure you do – it was launched three years ago to much hype and fanfare, and was supposed to herald a new beginning for the national carmaker. We certainly tempered our expectations wh...
You've seen how the updated 2017 Proton Iriz looks, and read the range of updates that have been performed both superficially as well as under the skin. Now, you can find out how it drives through our first impressi...
- Improved insulation from outside noise, especially at highway speeds
- Stability assist is standard across all variant, which the Myvi doesn't have on any of its variant.
- Noise, vibration and harshness has indeed been reduced.
- The car doesn't lose it's power as soon as you brake anymore, so going over bumps and potholes doesn't leave you stalled
- Quieter exhaust note
- Maintained 5 star NCAP safety rating from the previous model.
- Supportive seats that comes with unique "Martini Racing" patterns. Livens up the dark interior.
- Where's the "roll-up" function of the driver's side window? Don't call it an automatic side window if it doesn't do it properly.
- No rear wipers for the standard variant. C'mon now
- No fog lights.
In my opinion, basic items like the rear wipers and fog lights need to be standard equipment across all range. PunchCVT still jolts about when accelerating so there's something to improve. Overall, as a competitor to the massively popular Myvi, the Iriz has a lot going for it. However it needs to have a much more aggressive marketing in order to take on the Myvi as well as a better aftersales services in maintenance centres and customer service.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: