Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
As the owner, you have literally sat in the driver's seat and discovered the ups and downs as you go about your everyday life. Share your experiences by writing an Owner's Review and help others in the market for a new car.
1. It has a well built body and chassis, so whenever i close the door it feels very solid. This goes as well to the body panels as they have a more solid feel to it when pressed.
2. Spacious and wide, the cabin is well spaced out for average height occupants. No complaints from a family guy here carrying all my children stuff around. (big boot [...]
1. If you get the Sliverstone Mk5 tires, they aren't very good. Not much traction especially in rainy wheather
2. Suspension on the rear end can be a little soft for some. (adding spring buffers may help)
3. Standard tint feels not good enough, however no complains
4. Wind noise from driving fast may be prominent at some times.
-Very respectable fuel efficiency. I live and drive mostly in a city and can get around 16km/l per tank. I drive mostly during non-peak hours and try to avoid high traffic areas.
-Good rear legroom for its size. Feet of rear passenger can go under the seat easily.
-CVT is reasonably smooth.
-Engine is willing to rev hard for when you want mor[...]
-Road and wind noise quite intrusive.
-CVT not 100% smooth. There seems to be a gear change step around the 40km/h mark due to the Jatco CVT7 transmission used.
-Finishing appears cheap in certain areas (paint in engine bay, intended gaps here and there).
-That grille is not to everyone's taste.
-Safety is quite basic. Lacks stability contro[...]
The looks is very sporty and attracts envy eyes.
Drive well, good steering feedback, powerful engine.
The best fuel consumption I got was around 7.5l/100km and I think that is good considering it is a 2.4l engine.
Nappa leather seats really gives a comfortable feeling.
The ride is quite hard, but I can live with that when it gives me the best moment of driving on winding roads.
No reverse camera.
Road noise can be quite loud.
- Less fuel consumption when going on 80-100 km/h
- Quite spacious
- Stable after 2 years drive because I haven't need to spend on anything except for mileage service.
- Not a very powerful car but still can go up to 160km/h on a long highway.
- The air con is very powerful and cold enough.
- The noise when driving on highway is too loud. Will need to turn the music to a very high volume to be able to hear it.
- The brakes pedal sound started to be noticeable after 2 years.
- The clock in the car always become slower. After few months, it became one hour slower than normal time. Need to always readjust it.
Handling & Features that come with the price tag for this car consider value for money. This car have give me a the things that i need which is good engine performance, great handling & stability, all those safety features such as ABD, EBD, Traction Control and 6 Airbags give me peace of mind when driving especially with my family members in it.
NVH not as good as Proton Inspira or even Proton Persona. Improve this car insulation and it would be perfect for me.
- Great mid-range torque from the CFE engine
- Handles well for an MPV
- Power delivery is good
- Spacious interior compared to price point rivals
- Comfortable leather seats
- Every occupant gets their own air-conditioning vents
- Versatile seat layout (seats folds flat, creates a large cargo space)
- List of useful features (Reverse cam[...]
- Cheap interior materials (hard plastics)
- CVT gearbox isn't the smoothest
- CVT gearbox whine is considerably louder in 3rd row seats
Ride and handling are where the Polo Sedan shines. The firm ride over road undulations doesn't send judders into the cabin. Body roll is apparent, but it doesn't make the Polo Sedan go off course easily. The steering wheel is direct and light enough to ease manoeuvre at low speed. Best of all, it felt very, very composed when going through puddl[...]
The 1.6 litre MPI engine wouldn't win you any race at the traffic light junction, and felt that the Polo Sedan could use a little more power on the highway for safe overtaking.
Love the shape, size and build quality of this car. Handles reasonably well and easy to drive especially for female drivers. Power output is adequate for city driving and long distance travel is not a hassle with proper boot space.
centre arm rest is not available which is important for long distance travelling.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: